Sign in to follow this  
Strike

School shooting solution

Why does it have to be an either/or question?

Because this time the FBI focked up, therefore is he FBI is the problem in all mass shootings. :thumbsup:

Why does it have to be an either/or question?

If the FBI does their job this shooting never takes place. That's a fact. If this shooting never takes place we aren't even having this conversation so guns aren't even in the discussion.

Because this time the FBI focked up, therefore is he FBI is the problem in all mass shootings. :thumbsup:

This isn't the first time LE has focked up and allowed a mass shooting to occur. That actually happens way too frequently. If LE was doing their jobs the number of mass shootings would be far below what it is and I don't think we'd be having these discussions at all.

This isn't the first time LE has focked up and allowed a mass shooting to occur. That actually happens way too frequently. If LE was doing their jobs the number of mass shootings would be far below what it is and I don't think we'd be having these discussions at all.

I am guessing the % of shooters that the FBI could legally detain or prevent from getting a firearm is pretty small. Just based on incidents Ive read about most of these mass shootings seem to be committed with weapons that are purchased legally or gifted by / borrowed or stolen from a family member.

they focked up in boston, Virginia, Las vegas, fort hood etc etc. They are more of a common denominator than the gun.

14/15 of the last mass shooters were from broken homes

The POTUS should issue a statement on being a dedicated husband and father.

they focked up in boston, Virginia, Las vegas, fort hood etc etc. They are more of a common denominator than the gun.

To my knowledge, guns have been used in every mass shooting. :dunno:

To my knowledge, guns have been used in every mass shooting. :dunno:

boston didn't use guns , fbi dropped the ball. That's the common denominator

If the FBI does their job this shooting never takes place. That's a fact. If this shooting never takes place we aren't even having this conversation so guns aren't even in the discussion.

The discussion should be taking place regardless.

The discussion should be taking place regardless.

Yeah we get it. You're a gun control nut. And that's why everyone pretty much ignores you on this topic.

Yeah we get it. You're a gun control nut. And that's why everyone pretty much ignores you on this topic.

Funny, you guys complain the Left is trying to sensationalize/take advantage of the tragedy, but if you suggest the conversation should be happening anyway youre a gun control nut?

When is it appropriate to talk about gun control?

Funny, you guys complain the Left is trying to sensationalize/take advantage of the tragedy, but if you suggest the conversation should be happening anyway youre a gun control nut?

When is it appropriate to talk about gun control?

A start would be when you quit grouping suicide in with actual events worthy of the discussion.

A start would be when you quit grouping suicide in with actual events worthy of the discussion.

Like it or not, it’s a relevant part of the discussion. To exclude it is akin to forbidding gun advocates from mentioning 2A to support their cause.

But I know you think suicide is an individual’s right, so I’ll give it a rest. But even if you ignore it, how do you rationalize arming more citizens will help solve the problem, when we already own far more guns than other countries and shoot one another more often than the criminals?

A start would be when the anti gunners just admit what their end game is so a legitimate discussion on a middle ground can be had.

Truth be told, from where we started until today, we're already way beyond middle ground. And as long as we continue to meet them in the middle, we keep losing ground and they keep gaining ground.

It's time to stop scapegoating guns and start doing the heavy lifting.

Like it or not, its a relevant part of the discussion. To exclude it is akin to forbidding gun advocates from mentioning 2A to support their cause.

But I know you think suicide is an individuals right, so Ill give it a rest. But even if you ignore it, how do you rationalize arming more citizens will help solve the problem, when we already own far more guns than other countries and shoot one another more often than the criminals?

More good guys having guns can only help. By your reasoning we should disarm cops because less guns equals less violence.

More good guys having guns can only help. By your reasoning we should disarm cops because less guns equals less violence.

No, cops are highly trained, but even they make mistakes and/or hesitate to react. People with less training are less likely to successfully intervene, and more likely to make mistakes.

Even if you ignore all the statistics suggesting personal gun ownership does NOT increase safety (which all you guys conveniently do), is it so hard to imagine an accident with an improperly concealed weapon? What about an armed teacher losing their temper with firearm in hand? Gun control proponents believe the latter two scenarios are far, far more likely than a civilian stepping up in a high pressure, fast moving situation for which they are most certainly ill prepared.

Joneo's right, it's big time BS...as in it's complete BS to even insinuate that was written to protect the populace from a tyrannical govt.

Read some history chump. :rolleyes:

That wasnt a mass shooting. You also may need to look up denominator.

yeah I'm shifting to FBI fock ups. ....happens a lot. Most every mass shooting, but you'll blame the inanimate object.

yeah I'm shifting to FBI fock ups. ....happens a lot. Most every mass shooting, but you'll blame the inanimate object.

Most every, as in far more than half? Care to share a link?

I’m not blaming guns, but I’m not ignoring their role in the process.

Most every, as in far more than half? Care to share a link?

Im not blaming guns, but Im not ignoring their role in the process.

Theyre being ridiculous. Sure, Id we fixed every social Ill, including poverty, mental health, the state of the American family, and turned law enforcement into a perfect machine, we could safely coexist in an urbanized society with high efficiency instruments of death.

But since thats not going to happen and they know it, its just a game of hide the ball red herring so they can keep their toys.

Theyre being ridiculous. Sure, Id we fixed every social Ill, including poverty, mental health, the state of the American family, and turned law enforcement into a perfect machine, we could safely coexist in an urbanized society with high efficiency instruments of death.

But since thats not going to happen and they know it, its just a game of hide the ball red herring so they can keep their toys.

For the record, I don't own nor have I ever owned a gun. But I support the right to own them. The Colt AR-15 has been around for 55 years. Has this school shooting epidemic been around that long? No? Then shut your focking high and mighty piehole about how all of a sudden getting rid of a class of gun fixes the problem.

I'm open to the discussion of increased semi-auto rifle control. But my gawd please bang your head into the wall to open your mind to the fact that things have changed other than dem gunz$#@!

The disintegration of the black family unit and thought that a father wasn't necessary was brought about by liberal policy. That should have been the canary in the coal mine for everyone else. Now that mind set has spread to all groups, and it's not looking so hot.

For the record, I don't own nor have I ever owned a gun. But I support the right to own them. The Colt AR-15 has been around for 55 years. Has this school shooting epidemic been around that long? No? Then shut your focking high and mighty piehole about how all of a sudden getting rid of a class of gun fixes the problem.

I'm open to the discussion of increased semi-auto rifle control. But my gawd please bang your head into the wall to open your mind to the fact that things have changed other than dem gunz$#@!

Yeah, I know.

My point is that those guns should never have been allowed in society in the first place. And now that other changes, that will be difficult if not impossible to fix, have occurred, we can no longer afford the luxury of having them.

A start would be when the anti gunners just admit what their end game is so a legitimate discussion on a middle ground can be had.

Truth be told, from where we started until today, we're already way beyond middle ground. And as long as we continue to meet them in the middle, we keep losing ground and they keep gaining ground.

It's time to stop scapegoating guns and start doing the heavy lifting.

The end game is sensible gun control, which for most means an end to widespread availability of assault style rifles and high capacity magazines. There should be universal gun licensure requirements with appropriate background checks for violent crime, substance abuse and possibly psychiatric illness - though the latter is much harder to define. I also like making people accountable for records of weapon sales and lost/stolen firearms. You can keep most of your guns, so relax.

Pro gun people haven't given up much to this point, so I don't understand to what middle ground you refer. Nor do I understand what you mean by "heavy lifting" - can you elaborate?

Access control to the schools. This isn't rocket science. The would be killers will go to the mall. Problem solved.

The end game is sensible gun control, which for most means an end to widespread availability of assault style rifles and high capacity magazines. There should be universal gun licensure requirements with appropriate background checks for violent crime, substance abuse and possibly psychiatric illness - though the latter is much harder to define. I also like making people accountable for records of weapon sales and lost/stolen firearms. You can keep most of your guns, so relax.

Pro gun people haven't given up much to this point, so I don't understand to what middle ground you refer. Nor do I understand what you mean by "heavy lifting" - can you elaborate?

No, the end game is the repeal of the 2nd Ammendment. If we can't be honest about that, there's no point continuing the conversation. It may not be your end game but I'd bet my left nut that if a measure to do so we're on the ballot, you'd check YES.

There is nothing sensible, whatsoever, about placing unnecessary restrictions on law abiding Americans.

To say that pro gun people "haven't given up much to this point", shows a severe lack of knowledge on the issue. There was a time when we had zero restrictions on the type of firearms citizens could own. We lost an entire class (full auto) for all intents and purposes. Now you guys want to go after another class (semi-auto) and still have the audacity to claim we aren't giving up much. Not to mention magazine and ammo restrictions as well as many other incremental infringements.

The heavy lifting I refer to means to stop taking the easy way out by always blaming the gun. It's time for parents, teachers, administrators, students and LE to step up. Require "mental health professionals" to report people who are or have been on certain drugs or who exhibit certain behaviors to NICS. While we're at it, let's update NICS and make sure everybody with pertinent information to add to NICS has access to it.

There are plenty of places to focus our attention, that would go a lot longer towards curtailing mass shootings, than more gun control. But that requires effort and sacrifice on the part of those who would rather just take the easy way out by blaming guns.

• Like 1

No, the end game is the repeal of the 2nd Ammendment. If we can't be honest about that, there's no point continuing the conversation. It may not be your end game but I'd bet my left nut that if a measure to do so we're on the ballot, you'd check YES.

There is nothing sensible, whatsoever, about placing unnecessary restrictions on law abiding Americans.

To say that pro gun people "haven't given up much to this point", shows a severe lack of knowledge on the issue. There was a time when we had zero restrictions on the type of firearms citizens could own. We lost an entire class (full auto) for all intents and purposes. Now you guys want to go after another class (semi-auto) and still have the audacity to claim we aren't giving up much. Not to mention magazine and ammo restrictions as well as many other incremental infringements.

The heavy lifting I refer to means to stop taking the easy way out by always blaming the gun. It's time for parents, teachers, administrators, students and LE to step up. Require "mental health professionals" to report people who are or have been on certain drugs or who exhibit certain behaviors to NICS. While we're at it, let's update NICS and make sure everybody with pertinent information to add to NICS has access to it.

There are plenty of places to focus our attention that would go a lot longer towards curtailing mass shootings than more gun control. But that requires effort and sacrifice on the part of those who would rather just take the easy way out by blaming guns.

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't want 2A repealed. The NRA has conditioned you guys well to believe that is the "true" agenda, preventing actual intelligent discussion.

And no, giving up a class of weapons and ammo appropriate for warfare is not a big concession. Nor are inconsistent licensing requirements, which are less stringent than registering your car.

Everyone one admits the problem and potential solutions are multifactorial. Blaming guns isn't the "easy way out", but ignoring their role in the process despite mounds of evidence to the contrary is.

No, but your obsessions may be controlled on Luvox. Please seek help.

fock that, next thing ya know ill be shooting up the joint. Maybe zannex will help your obsession with defending meds and physco docs.