Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Florida shooting survivor says CNN gave him ‘scripted’ questions at town hall event

Eh. People get bonuses all the time for taking on extra work or responsibility. I'm on call right now and getting paid overtime.

You are presumably qualified for the job and not getting paid to act in life or death situations.

You are presumably qualified for the job and not getting paid to act in life or death situations.

Yeah, like the cops that stood outside while kids were dying in Florida last week? Qualified like that?

Yeah, like the cops that stood outside while kids were dying in Florida last week? Qualified like that?

We are talking about arming teachers. Try to follow the plot.

We are talking about arming teachers. Try to follow the plot.

Yeah, and I posted a good article about that exact topic. To it your response was that your problem was with Trump suggesting bonuses for teachers who take on the task. Your comment suggested that you didn't have a problem with the actual arming of teachers but with giving them an incentive to do so. So you seem to be going round in circles.

Yeah, and I posted a good article about that exact topic. To it your response was that your problem was with Trump suggesting bonuses for teachers who take on the task. Your comment suggested that you didn't have a problem with the actual arming of teachers but with giving them an incentive to do so. So you seem to be going round in circles.

I am not necessarily against teachers who have concealed carry permits having guns in school. I am against trying to incentivize more teachers to carry as a primary solution to school shootings.

Its not that hard to understand, unless youre the type of guy who thinks a Week 14 game between 10-2 and 9-3 conference rivals is meaningless. ;)

I am not necessarily against teachers who have concealed carry permits having guns in school. I am against trying to incentivize more teachers to carry as a primary solution to school shootings.

Its not that hard to understand, unless youre the type of guy who thinks a Week 14 game between 10-2 and 9-3 conference rivals is meaningless. ;)

Every article I've read about schools that have armed teachers list a concealed carry permit as a requirement so not sure why were even discussing that.

Every article I've read about schools that have armed teachers list a concealed carry permit as a requirement so not sure why were even discussing that.

I give up. :doh:

I give up. :doh:

Anything other than arming the populace and enforcing existing laws is a nonstarter for these guys. Adding financial incentive to promote more would-be vigilantes is just icing on the cake. Never mind current gun owners are shooting themselves and each other far more often than the bad guys. But like the chimps typing Shakespeare, if you put enough guns out there somebody is eventually going to hit the target.

Anything other than arming the populace and enforcing existing laws is a nonstarter for these guys. Adding financial incentive to promote more would-be vigilantes is just icing on the cake. Never mind current gun owners are shooting themselves and each other far more often than the bad guys. But like the chimps typing Shakespeare, if you put enough guns out there somebody is eventually going to hit the target.

Yeah, we should stop enforcing existing laws. That'll fix things!!!!

:lol:

I can deal with disagreement but Strikes determination to change the subject and bowl over strawmen is mind boggling.

Edit: And as if to prove my point... :thumbsup:

I can deal with disagreement but Strikes determination to change the subject and bowl over strawmen is mind boggling.

I've addressed each and every point you've brought up without changing the subject. If anyone did, it was you.

:dunno:

I've addressed each and every point you've brought up without changing the subject. If anyone did, it was you.

:dunno:

Youve done a lot of bobbing and weaving for sure.

Yeah, he’s pretty irritating, but most of the pro-gun crowd on this bored isn’t much different.

The subject is CNNs fake news! HTH

Your Nam service was fake. What kind of person lies about that?

And the title is fake news and those that believed the narrative that kids father had him push.

CDC, link is above liar. :thumbsup:

Right... And I said those where gang bangers which the CDC doesn't track in the info you provided. In fact the few studies I could find by the cdc on gun violence showed the homicide by gangs with guns range between 65-80% of all homicides in the cites studied like chicago.

Right... And I said those where gang bangers which the CDC doesn't track in the info you provided. In fact the few studies I could find by the cdc on gun violence showed the homicide by gangs with guns range between 65-80% of all homicides in the cites studied like chicago.

So the short version is you have no link to back up your claim.

When your hiring practice for your police force is Affirmative Action you can’t expect much more.

When your hiring practice for your police force is Affirmative Action you cant expect much more.

Oof

Amazing the mental gymnastics required to make this somebody elses fault.

And to find a way to make it about a completely unrelated issue.

So the short version is you have no link to back up your claim.

The short version is nobody has done a study on the whole US, just focused on cities.

Chicago’s McCarthy said the city’s high murder rate, up 18 percent over last year as of Dec. 16, was due to gang violence. Eighty percent of the homicides were gang-related and 80 percent of the victims were African-Americans, he said.

Identifying the causes of Baltimore’s violent crime surge has also become fodder for the increasing tensions between City Hall and State’s Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby. “We know it has to do with gangs. We know it has to do with turf wars.”

As I said the same is probably true about Detroit, St Louis, LA etc.... And like I said nobody gives a sh1t about gang bangers dying so nobody is going to waste time studying it.

The short version is nobody has done a study on the whole US, just focused on cities.

Chicagos McCarthy said the citys high murder rate, up 18 percent over last year as of Dec. 16, was due to gang violence. Eighty percent of the homicides were gang-related and 80 percent of the victims were African-Americans, he said.

Identifying the causes of Baltimores violent crime surge has also become fodder for the increasing tensions between City Hall and States Attorney Marilyn J. Mosby. We know it has to do with gangs. We know it has to do with turf wars.

As I said the same is probably true about Detroit, St Louis, LA etc.... And like I said nobody gives a sh1t about gang bangers dying so nobody is going to waste time studying it.

So in a handful of cities most of the perps are gangbangers, and you extrapolate that out to most of the victims everywhere being gangbangers.

In other words you made it up. :thumbsup:

So in a handful of cities most of the perps are gangbangers, and you extrapolate that out to most of the victims everywhere being gangbangers.

Wait, does this mean his 'if you eliminate black gun deaths, the US is the 3rd safest country in the world' could be false too?

Wait, does this mean his 'if you eliminate black gun deaths, the US is the 3rd safest country in the world' could be false too?

Is that another CDub special?

As I said nobody gives a sh1t about them. Your link doesn't say anything about who is involved just that there is X amount of gun violence. I said most of them are gang bangers. I provided proof from elected officials in cities with the most homicides, but of course that's not good enough. I've already conceded nobody gives a so the studies that have been done are few and far between. And to the fact I'm sure you want the most literal definition of "gang banger" to be used. E.g. An official gang recognized by local, state and national police and not just a gang of kids/adults roaming the streets. There's no point in arguing because you'll just jeep moving that goal post.

I encourage you to do your own research. Let us know what you find.

As I said nobody gives a sh1t about them. Your link doesn't say anything about who is involved just that there is X amount of gun violence. I said most of them are gang bangers. I provided proof from elected officials in cities with the most homicides, but of course that's not good enough. I've already conceded nobody gives a ###### so the studies that have been done are few and far between. And to the fact I'm sure you want the most literal definition of "gang banger" to be used. E.g. An official gang recognized by local, state and national police and not just a gang of kids/adults roaming the streets. There's no point in arguing because you'll just jeep moving that goal post.

MDC is just trolling, as usual. Pay him no mind. He knows exactly who the victims and who the perps are for the large majority of gun violence in the country.

I encourage you to do your own research. Let us know what you find.

That you make up facts, run away when called on them, and are a bit of a racist. HTH. :wave:

As I said nobody gives a sh1t about them. Your link doesn't say anything about who is involved just that there is X amount of gun violence. I said most of them are gang bangers. I provided proof from elected officials in cities with the most homicides, but of course that's not good enough. I've already conceded nobody gives a ###### so the studies that have been done are few and far between. And to the fact I'm sure you want the most literal definition of "gang banger" to be used. E.g. An official gang recognized by local, state and national police and not just a gang of kids/adults roaming the streets. There's no point in arguing because you'll just jeep moving that goal post.

The goal post was your claim that 50% of gun homicide victims are gangbangers. You made it up.

The goal post was your claim that 50% of gun homicide victims are gangbangers. You made it up.

You haven't proven that. You have proven you are a troll though.

You haven't proven that. You have proven you are a troll though.

Seems its up to Cdub to prove his claim that he has been challenged on.

I disagree. MDC is so sure it's wrong why doesn't he provide some proof?

This guy gets it.

I disagree. MDC is so sure it's wrong why doesn't he provide some proof?

Cool, you are an idiot. Prove you aren't.

In 2015 blacks accounted for 52.3% of murder victims in the country while making up 13.3% of the population. I'm not interested enough to look up hispanics, but rest assured they make up another good chunk. Run along trolls.

Gangbangers? :mellow:

That's why you're a troll, nothing more. You know what he meant, but you want to play this childish game.

That's why you're a troll, nothing more. You know what he meant, but you want to play this childish game.

I assume he meant half of gun murder victims are gangbangers. Because thats literally what he said.

Another metaphor? :dunno: