Sign in to follow this  
himmystyles

Doctson

He's got a great match up this week.....after that it's pretty tough. Either way, he's my WR3 this weekend over Parker, Sanders, and Fowler.

He's got a great match up this week.....after that it's pretty tough. Either way, he's my WR3 this weekend over Parker, Sanders, and Fowler.

He’s my number 4 and thus on my bench. The great GINN has moved up to the 3 hole (while Diggs is out).

So has crowder established himself as the number 1 in this offense? Dropping doctson for him? Crowder is on my wire and prob on many others with short benches.

Doctson has been a colossal bust for the Redskins.

How does trading down one spot with the Texans to allow them to pick up Will Fuller look now?

So has crowder established himself as the number 1 in this offense? Dropping doctson for him? Crowder is on my wire and prob on many others with short benches.

I think so.

Doctson owner these past 2 weeks and watched most of the games to see how usage would go, and Crowder looks more involved.

I'm dropping this next week.

I'm not convinced. Doctson had one somewhat bad drop, that deep ball on the sidelines. So it's not like he was letting them down. They went to him twice late in the game on big throws, the one that got the PI call and the TD. And Pryor still stank it up and got few snaps.

I do expect Crowder to have the bigger day next week against the Seahawks. Doctson seems to run most of his routes from the left, and Sherman is parked on the left. I don't see Cousins challenging Sherman all that much.

I'm not convinced. Doctson had one somewhat bad drop, that deep ball on the sidelines. So it's not like he was letting them down. They went to him twice late in the game on big throws, the one that got the PI call and the TD. And Pryor still stank it up and got few snaps.

I do expect Crowder to have the bigger day next week against the Seahawks. Doctson seems to run most of his routes from the left, and Sherman is parked on the left. I don't see Cousins challenging Sherman all that much.

What I saw on the PI call is that Doctson did a piss poor job of getting positioning and going up and fighting for that ball. Yeah there was PI, but it was partly because Doctson took such a bad angle and didn't go up and fight for the ball at first. A better receiver could have gotten positioning before the goal line and high pointed the ball, and use his momentum to fall into the end zone.

Stuff like that concerns me for a guy that is supposed to be their new big time receiver. The coach can say all he wants that they want to increase his targets, but that doesn't mean much if the receiver doesn't know how to use his size/speed to maximize those targets.

How does trading down one spot with the Texans to allow them to pick up Will Fuller look now?

You switch Fuller to the Redskins, he would have done zero. Have you seen Redskins offensive line? They have offensive lineman that's playing full game whom just signed to the team in 24 hours. There is no chance for Cousin to throw down field period.

Cousins looks to the middle of the field most of the time for the TE or check down. He'll occasionally hit Crowder on some quick routes. Seems like he only went deep a few times yesterday and threw to his outside/big WR's.

On one play Doctson was WIDE open for a bout a 15 yard gain, but he just dumped it off to Thompson instead.

Cousins looks to the middle of the field most of the time for the TE or check down. He'll occasionally hit Crowder on some quick routes. Seems like he only went deep a few times yesterday and threw to his outside/big WR's.

On one play Doctson was WIDE open for a bout a 15 yard gain, but he just dumped it off to Thompson instead.

He doesn't let WRs get open deep. He's checking down now always. Not even checking. He's just decided on dump offs in the huddle.

I think largely because he wants to pad stats. Minimize picks. Risk and injury free yards. All to make sure he can get that next contract. It's a problem. He needs to go. This isn't tenable. He will not take risks. Albeit hanging in the pocket or risky throws. He's got to go.

I'm sure he's sitting at home thinking, why take a risk for a group of people you don't really want me to play for them anyway.

It really would be great to see Cousians move on and then have a really good season on his new team.

I think there's a lot more problems with this team then just the qbs play.

Maybe coaching?

Maybe coaching?

Such as (yet another) bunch of smart guy coaches who think their best RB shouldn't be used more because 'he's a small guy', regardless of there being very little evidence about small guys 'not being able to handle' a full work load.

I'm sure he's sitting at home thinking, why take a risk for a group of people you don't really want me to play for them anyway.

It really would be great to see Cousians move on and then have a really good season on his new team.

Maybe coaching?

According to Aikman who saw the contract offer, Kirk turned down a very good offer.

It's on Kirk. And Kirk is full of crap.

Cousins is playing scared.....can’t say I blame him either.

So are u guys dropping doctson for a crowder waiver claim?

Yes

So are u guys dropping doctson for a crowder waiver claim?

If waivers are continuously rolling I wouldn't burn a waiver claim on Crowder as I'm not confident that Washington's offense will turn around this year so Crowder would be max a matchup based starter, but I would drop Doctson to pickup Crowder as a FA.

Still holding Doctson for sure, nothing I seem so far say he cant breakout. Only thing he is missing now is those targets. It will come once Kirk develop better trust, and have a bit more time when the offensive line heal up. I totally expect late season out performance.

Because people care about my team :) I was able to hold Doctson and grab Dede this morning. Dede went right to my last IR spot, where he gets to sit until he plays. Which allowed me to pick up a fill-in for Joey Bosa this week too. So at the moment, best of both worlds there (Davis is already rostered). I've got the week to see which one I'll start this weekend with Hopkins and Marvin Jones.

I liked how at the end of the game, when they still had a chance, Doctson seemed to be the one they were targeting in the redzone, which is evident by the TD. Even before his TD, Cousins threw him a 20ish yard fade in the endzone. Maybe I'm just trying to see it as half full, but that's a kind of route they design for the #1. I'm still holding for a bit.

If Crowder and Reed both miss the game, and Doctson still doesnt break out, then I have to start worry.

There will be more cause to worry, yes. I posted somewhere else about Sherman, but I had it backwards. Doctson typically lines up on the left, and Sherman really never leaves the other side of the field. So Doctson should avoid Sherman most of the day. If he can't get at least just a little more done than usual...worry. But remember, it's still Seattle. They just gave up a ton of points to Houston WRs, but that was an aberration. They're still tough to throw on.

Crowder is out for Sunday. Reed is out.

Primary pass catchers will be Chris Thompson, Vernon Davis, Ryan Grant, and Josh Doctson. Grant likely to get the most Richard Sherman. Earl Thomas is also out (or likely out?), which maybe means good news for Davis and Thompson.

Still not sure how to value Doctson. And still have few other options. Robert Woods off waivers would be the next best thing. Hmm.

Also, Bobby Wagner will be a game time decision. He's got a hamstring injury and missed practice Wed and Thursday, but did practice Friday. Pete Carroll said they wouldn't make a decision on Wagner playing until right up to game time.

Also, Bobby Wagner will be a game time decision. He's got a hamstring injury and missed practice Wed and Thursday, but did practice Friday. Pete Carroll said they wouldn't make a decision on Wagner playing until right up to game time.

That looks good for Chris Thompson, at least.

a Colossal Bust?

Most WR's drafted dont make an impact until year 2 or 3 (and sometimes year 4)

this kid was injured year 1 and the first part of this year.

We have not even seen what the kid can do yet.

I saw a one catch he did make a couple of games back and was pretty impressed with his hands. I was surprised they were not using him more.

but that is a very small sample size so we cant really make full judgement based on one good play.

but if the kid had no talent, they would not have drafted him where they did.

I think it's premature to pass judgement on this kid yet.

Are we calling Fuller a bust now? Anyway Doctson just won the game for Skins.

Are we calling Fuller a bust now? Anyway Doctson just won the game for Skins.

Getting that 1 more yard would have been gravy, but I'm happy with his usage and even yardage against that DEF, when Cousins was that bad.

Doctson did a lot better than Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, Tyler Lockett, and Paul Richardson......all the guys we drooled over this week. So maybe you should cut him some slack.

• Like 1

Doctson did a lot better than Corey Davis, Dede Westbrook, Tyler Lockett, and Paul Richardson......all the guys we drooled over this week. So maybe you should cut him some slack.

:thumbsup:

I need to make room on my team to pick him back up.

:thumbsup:

I need to make room on my team to pick him back up.

I just cut Corey Davis to pick up Hunter Henry because Ertz is on bye and may even be out longer with a hammy. And then I cut Lockett to pick up Juju who seems to be more consistent. I do think Davis, if he can stay healthy, can be productive, but not these next two weeks against Cinci and at Pitt. I need wins now.........

That was a great catch he made near the end of the game.