Sign in to follow this  
Voltaire

***Movie Draft***

2.06 One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest (Drama)

Just re-watched that one last week. So many great actors got their first big break in that movie.

Just re-watched that one last week. So many great actors got their first big break in that movie.

One of my favorite scenes in movie history

1.1 Voltaire The Godfather Crime/Gangster

1.2 vuduchile Raiders of the Lost Ark Adventure

1.3 shotsup Goodfellas Crime/Gangster

1.4 Herbivore Casablanca <50s

1.5 nzoner The Godfather II Crime/Gangster

1.6 dain11279 The Shawshank Redemption Drama

1.7 iam90sbaby The Matrix SciFi

1.8 Hardcore troubadour Jaws Horror

1.9 TimmySmith Star Wars SciFi

1.10 5 Points Scarface Crime/Gangster
2.01 5 Points Smokey & The Bandit 70's

2.2 TimmySmith The Exorcist Horror

2.3 Hardcore troubadour Patton War

2.4 iam90sbaby American History X Drama

2.5 dain11279 The Wizard of Oz <50s

2.6 nzoner One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest Drama

2.7 Herbivore

2.8 shotsup

2.9 vuduchile

2.10 Voltaire

3.1 Voltaire -

3.2 vuduchile -

3.3 shotsup

3.4 Herbivore

3.5 nzoner

3.6 dain11279

3.7 iam90sbaby

3.8 Hardcore troubadour

3.9 TimmySmith

3.10 5 Points

I'd thought about that.

In the history draft, we'd had 144 rounds of pics which is about what this suggestion would entail. That draft took us five months. If I'm going to commish something that lasts five months, it'd be another history draft, I've been thinking US history. I'd love to do this history draft again if I can ever find the stamina to commish the d@mn thing again.

I'm not sure I felt like asking these guys or myself to do that in the movie draft. 32 rounds is already pretty big.

Actually my suggestion entails 16 rounds.

Actually my suggestion entails 16 rounds.

Oh. In that case, it was one of the two suggestions we were mulling over before we decided to merge the suggestions and scrap the wildcards.

<p>Sniped again..almost picked One Flew Over with my first pick.  "This is a dime...this is shiat".  </p>

<p> </p>

<p>2.7 Rocky - 70's</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

I was in 2nd Armor during the Gulf War. Our Class A uniforms had all the unit citations that Patton had won during WWII.

Also, unique among all the other Army units, was that 2nd Armor didn't wear our unit crests on the left sleeve like every other unit. The left sleeve was empty. We wore our 2AD unit crests above the heart as per Patton's orders from way back in the day.

I'm pretty sure 2nd Armor is gone now. We were in the process of deactivating the unit when I left, but it may just have been us in the (Forward) brigade in Germany. In the Gulf War, we [2AD(FWD)] fought with Big Red One out of Ft. Riley in Task Force Iron.

That's pretty focking cool. Thanks for your service you commie loving bastage. :thumbsup:

<p>Sniped again..almost picked One Flew Over with my first pick.  "This is a dime...this is shiat".  </p>

<p> </p>

<p>2.7 Rocky - 70's</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

Yeah, the sniping started early in this one. I wanted Star Wars in the 1st. Timmy took it right before me. :wall:

I still remember seeing that in the theater. My dad fell asleep about halfway through. When the movie ended my brother and I just sat and waited for the next showing. When my dad finally woke up he looked at me and asked "how long is this movie?". I still remember the look on his face when I told him we were halfway through the third showing. :lol:

Yeah, the sniping started early in this one. I wanted Star Wars in the 1st. Timmy took it right before me. :wall:

I still remember seeing that in the theater. My dad fell asleep about halfway through. When the movie ended my brother and I just sat and waited for the next showing. When my dad finally woke up he looked at me and asked "how long is this movie?". I still remember the look on his face when I told him we were halfway through the third showing. :lol:

:shocking: :lol:

I was 10 and saw it 3 times in the theater. My mom made me take my 6 year old brother who proceeded to dump a tub of popcorn on the floor of a packed theater. We ate off the top. That movie was a life changer for him.

• Like 1

2.09 Die Hard - Action

Humor, sarcasm, stunts, fights, guns, helicopters, bazookas, and a villain with a supremely hateable accent.

2.09 Die Hard - Action

Humor, sarcasm, stunts, fights, guns, helicopters, bazookas, and a villain with a supremely hateable accent.

And Christmas In Hollis

• Like 1

2.10 Gone With the Wind - Epic/Historical

They spent a fortune to make it. Winner of 10 Academy Awards, including the first black recipient, was the highest grossing film ever, remained so for the next 25 years. and still is the highest grossing film ever when adjusted for inflation.

3.1 Pulp Fiction - Dark Comedy

“Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children.” -Jules Winnfield

They spent a fortune to make it. Winner of 10 Academy Awards, including the first given to a black person, was the highest grossing film ever, remained so for the next 25 years. and still is the highest grossing film ever when adjusted for inflation.

“Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children.” -Jules Winnfield

Well done. Neither should have been there for you. :thumbsup:

I was 10 and saw it 3 times in the theater. My mom made me take my 6 year old brother who proceeded to dump a tub of popcorn on the floor of a packed theater. We ate off the top. That movie was a life changer for him.

I was 6 my brother was 8. We almost watched it 3 times in one day! My dad was not happy. :D

Well done. Neither should have been there for you. :thumbsup:

It's so early. Both were in pen on my list, but I knew I'd never see either.

They spent a fortune to make it. Winner of 10 Academy Awards, including the first black recipient, was the highest grossing film ever, remained so for the next 25 years. and still is the highest grossing film ever when adjusted for inflation.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. -Jules Winnfield

Hell of a turn Volty. :thumbsup:

3.2. Fargo - Crime

My first thoughts about the crime genre went to the mob movies as well. But the top 3 mob movies are already taken. This one is a little less conventional.

Just a masterful piece of storytelling and some incredible acting from the cast.

I dare you to watch it and try not to mimic those accents. Go ahead. It cant be done.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. -Jules Winnfield

Pulp is one of the best ever. Great pick.

Have you ever tried to actually sit down and watch Gone With the Wind?

Ive tried many times, and always found it unwatchable. The last time I recall being really annoyed by the unrelenting soundtrack behind the dialogue.

4.01 Gigli

3.2. Fargo - Crime

My first thoughts about the crime genre went to the mob movies as well. But the top 3 mob movies are already taken. This one is a little less conventional.

Just a masterful piece of storytelling and some incredible acting from the cast.

I dare you to watch it and try not to mimic those accents. Go ahead. It cant be done.

Was my pick for Dark Comedy. Nice one. :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

Ive tried many times, and always found it unwatchable. The last time I recall being really annoyed by the unrelenting soundtrack behind the dialogue.

• Like 1

It's fair criticism. It was made for a different audience. The music doesn't entrance me nor move me as it's supposed to, instead it puts me to sleep. There's a reason we don't make four hour movies anymore nor take extended timeouts from the action for long musical overtures.

In 2018, you need to fastforward quite a bit, unless the music is your thing and pleasurable, then you can enjoy it as it was intended ... even doing so, you've got to set aside the whole evening.

They spent a small fortune making the thing, you can see where the money went. They're 75 years removed from the civil war and we're 75 years removed from the release of the movie.

Was my pick for Dark Comedy. Nice one. :thumbsup:

Yep,in my top 5 of dark comedy as well

I feel like the Pron category is easily won with a single pick.

<50s

1.4 Casablanca Herbivore

2.7 The Wizard of Oz dain11279

50s

60s

70s

2.1 Smokey and the Bandit 5-Points

2.3 A Clockwork Orange shotsup

80s

90s

00s

10s

Action

2.9 Die Hard vuduchile

Adventure

1.2 Raiders of the Lost Arc vuduchile

Comedy

Crime/Gangster

1.1 The Godfather Voltaire

1.3 Goodfellas Shotsup

1.5 The Godfather II nzoner

1.10 Scarface 5-Points

2.2 Fargo vuduchile

Drama

1.6 The Shawshank Redemption dain11279

2.4 American History X iam90sbaby

2.6 One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest nzoner

2.7 Rocky Herbivore

Epics/Historical

2.10 Gone With The Wind Voltaire

Horror

1.8 Jaws Hardcore troubadour

2.2 The Exorcist TimmySmith

Musical/Dance

SciFi

1.7 The Matrix iam90sbaby

1.9 Star Wars TimmySmith

War

2.3 Patton Hardcore troubadour

2.7 Apocalypse Now shotsup

Western

Dark Comedy

3.1 Pulp Fiction Voltaire

Animated

Silent Film

Documentary

Pron

3.03 A Clockwork Orange - '70's

I assigned you the color orange so some clockwork symmetry.

I feel like the Pron category is easily won with a single pick.

I didn't want to include it but this is the geek club after all and it got suggested.

3.03 A Clockwork Orange - '70's

3 for 3 on picks sniped right before my choice.

3.4 - Schindler's List - 90's

3.07 The Shining - Horror

Damn. Nice pick.
  • Like 1

3.08- Caddyshack- comedy. Has to be one of the most quoted movies ever. Rodney and Ted Knight were awesome. Ten bucks says the Smails kid picks his nose.