Sign in to follow this  
JNorm

Pierce/Wright/12th rookie pick for Spiller/Cotchery?

The Spiller owner in my dynasty league listed below has offered me Spiller and Cotchery for Pierce, Wright, and my #12 rookie pick (it's just a one-round draft). I know Spiller always has the potential to be special and he's said to be fully healthy this year, but I'm a little hesitant here. I get a WR downgrade in both talent and age from Wright to Cotchery AND lose my rookie pick. Plus Pierce is younger than Spiller and could shine in that zone blocking scheme... or can he?

Should I accept or decline? Or try to get a better WR than Cotchery? He has DeAndre Hopkins, Terrance Williams, Reuben Randle, Doug Baldwin, Da'Rick Rodgers, and Randall Cobb as other WRs (and Julio Jones, but doubt he'd deal him).

Thoughts? Thanks!

16-team dynasty; .4 PPR, IDP, 6 pts/passing TDs; start QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, D, D, DB, DB, DL, DL

QB: J. Cutler, J. Locker, R. Fitzpatrick

RB: L. McCoy, G. Bernard, B. Pierce, B. Powell, D. Lewis

WR: Mi. Floyd, K. Wright, M. Wheaton, T. Underwood

TE: A. Gates, T. Kelce

K: S. Gostkowski

DEF/ST: Bengals

D: V. Burfict, P. Willis, J. Freeman DB: A. Bethea, T. Gipson DL: C. Wake, Z. Ansah

Cotchery is useless close to but Bernard will start 1st two games and playing Cin and Pit... I don't think he does well week 1 maybe 2. So selling him before might be smart. Your good at RB but be stacked with iffy CJ but depleted at WR.

If you can get a better WR maybe due trade anybody but WR Rodgers would due.

He said he would add Baldwin, making the trade Spiller/Cotchery/Baldwin for Pierce/Wright/12th pick. Does that make more sense for me? Thanks.

He said he would add Baldwin, making the trade Spiller/Cotchery/Baldwin for Pierce/Wright/12th pick. Does that make more sense for me? Thanks.

I'd still decline, unless you're high on Spiller.

Counter with Pierce / Wright for Spiller, period.

Actually might have gotten it to Pierce/Wright for Spiller/Baldwin. How does that sound now? I'm tempted to take this one...

Actually might have gotten it to Pierce/Wright for Spiller/Baldwin. How does that sound now? I'm tempted to take this one...

That'd be a fair trade, so it depends on who you like better between Wright and Spiller... sounds like Spiller.