Sign in to follow this  
Brutal Brutus

QB Pairings

Thus far I have two draft strategies take Rodgers/Wilson early or wait as long as possible and take two. Are there any QB pairings people are targeting based on how their schedules line up?

I listen to alot of podcasts when I work. Not because I like to, or the info is that much better. I just figure why not.

Alot of them seem to like to wait on QB's, and get both Roethlisberger and Eli later and platoon them.

If you take Rodgers and Wilson early that seems like a disaster for the rest of ones roster.

I’ve been getting in a lot of mocks Rivers / Goff.

That’s a good combo.

Plus Goff has a late bye week.

If you take Rodgers and Wilson early that seems like a disaster for the rest of ones roster.

A big one. It puts a lot of pressure for the other guys to play above their draft status. Meanwhile he will watch as plenty of latenround or even undrafted QBs score similar to the studs each week.

Depends on the round, league, draft spot etc. Rodgers and Wilson offer 3-4 more points per game than the QB 12, have a stronger track record than players being drafted around them, offer the ability to take additional fliers on position players later and in some leagues it's more difficult to stream QBs than others. I won't reach for them, but if they fall and I don't like the RB and WR options I'll take the set it and forget it QB.

Drafting a QB in the fourth or picking a bust in the fourth is not a season killer either way.

A big one. It puts a lot of pressure for the other guys to play above their draft status. Meanwhile he will watch as plenty of latenround or even undrafted QBs score similar to the studs each week.

That's assuming you pick the right streamer. It's easy in theory but it certainly doesn't work out that way all the time.

If we are going late here, I am grabbing a combo of

Goff

Garoppolo

Mahomes

And Trubisky if everyone else I like is gone. Give me the unknown of the Bears offense over Stafford, Rivers, or Ben any day

I have Stafford and Goff in my dynasty league

Stafford and Wentz in another

Platooning QBs isn't a bad way to go

Thus far I have two draft strategies take Rodgers/Wilson early or wait as long as possible and take two. Are there any QB pairings people are targeting based on how their schedules line up?

Am I missing something here? You're trying to get 2 number 1 QBs or you're saying you would take Rodgers OR Wilson?

I fail to see how you would ever be able to draft the #1 and #2 QBs in the rankings. I also don't see why you would take both of those and sacrifice huge value at RB /WR that would still be on the board.

Am I missing something here? You're trying to get 2 number 1 QBs or you're saying you would take Rodgers OR Wilson?

I fail to see how you would ever be able to draft the #1 and #2 QBs in the rankings. I also don't see why you would take both of those and sacrifice huge value at RB /WR that would still be on the board.

Rodgers or Wilson.

I like a combination that includes Big Ben. I think the last 3 Pit games have a chance to be high scorings, especially 15 against NE and 16 against NO. I want pieces of those match ups.

I ended up with Matt Ryan and Big Ben.

I'm totally ok with this.

I ended up with Matt Ryan and Big Ben.

I'm totally ok with this.

You could certainly do a lot worse than that

The wait on QB strategy has gone Loco..... Cam, R Wilson and Brady went in the 9th in my latest draft. I took Luck in the 10th...... The way it is now you can go back to back in the 9th or 10th round and get two top 10 QB's..... Or just team up your favorite at that point in the draft with Eli who is there at the end, never misses a game and will have a much better year based on weapons.

If I wait until the 9th/10th/11th rounds I can get Big Ben and Stafford as a pairing in some junk mock drafts. I certainly dont expect that to stay true during my real drafts.

I hope to get a pairing of any of these (in no particular order) as I will wait until the 9th round at the very earliest to select my QB:

Stafford

Big Ben

P. Rivers

Jimmy G

Matt Ryan

If we are going late here, I am grabbing a combo of

Goff

Garoppolo

Mahomes

And Trubisky if everyone else I like is gone. Give me the unknown of the Bears offense over Stafford, Rivers, or Ben any day

Agree with all of this.

Agree with all of this.

I’m not taking an unimpressive kid in a questionable bears offense over 3 proven commodities who annually are had at a discount and produce well.

I like Carr this year. Seems like he is being slept on.

I dunno he's coming off a pretty significant injury just like Wentz. I do think you could have got Carr really late in your draft as a QB2, i recall he was on the board for a long time, as was Wentzy.