Sign in to follow this  
Connorsdad

1st overall pick

Hey guys ! I appreciate all your help over the years ! I'm in a money league that gives 1pt for every 20 yards passing and all Tds are 6pts . It's non-ppr and for rb's it's 1pt every 10 yards ! So my question is who should I draft 1st overall in this 12 man redraft league ? Last year it seemed like all the playoff teams had a top 5 qb so I was wondering if that trend will continue ! In this league QBs go fast and furious so if I want a top 5 qb I would have to take Rodgers with the first pick !

So should it be Foster / McCoy or Rodgers ?

Thanks for your help & goodluck this year !

I'd go Rodgers, he didn't score less than 20 fantasy points (25 Pass yards = 1 ; TD = 6) during last season EVER, with your scoring it's even better. Foster is just as solid of a RB although he lost some linemen in the offseason, and McCoy is not too far from him as a fantasy RB. With Rodgers, there is nobody close to him and they have not made any changes in comparison to what the Texans have. I'm usually a RB in the 1st round guy as the talent tails off fast, but Rodgers is elite, he will open up a spot for sleepers also as you won't need a backup QB on your team. You can expect a similar season for Rodgers as years past. Try to take 2 RBs in rounds 2-4 if you do take Rodgers. Hope this helps.

I think Rodgers is the safest bet you can have at #1 but I think you have to set yourself up for a well rounded team. I've done mocks from the #1 spot too and when i drafted Rodgers 1st, the best RB remaining at the end of the 2nd was Frank Gore (a good player but not elite fantasy numbers). Then i did a draft where i took Foster (or Rice, or Mccoy) at 1 and still was able to grab Matt Stafford at the end of the 2nd. This seems likes a better well rounded start.

Hey thanks mister and sourdoughjoe ! I agree sour if stafford would make it back to me I would love to start the draft with foster or McCoy and add stafford in round 2 ! But I know for a fact that stafford will be gone before it comes back to me at pick 24 & 25 ! I think cam newton will be gone as well ! Best available qb would be Vick at pick 24 & 25 ! Qbs go pretty quick in this league !

If QB's go as quick as you say they do, this could be advantageous for you. I'd take Rodgers at #1 based on the scoring set-up, and hope the other owners follow suit and draft QB's also. If enough of them pass on going RB/RB in the first 2 rounds, a half way decent one will fall to you @ #24. I think this 2nd pick will be the tougher choice, you may end up having to choose between players coming off of injuries, like Peterson or Charles. Pay close attention to training camp/preseason on the RB's who are ranked in the 10-20 range. Getting the #24 and #25 pick right will be much more important than getting the #1 right.

The most important thing to do with your first round pick is not pick a bust. Rodgers is just about the safest and most consistent pick you can make. Top 10 RBs fluctuate so much from year to year and are much more likely to get injured than a QB.

Ben Tate who I think averaged 5.6 yards per carry last year will be battling for a bigger chunk of Fosters carries this year.

I doubt LeSean McCoy gets as many touchdowns as last year with Desean Jackson getting his contract distraction out of the way and with how dangerous Vick is at the goaline.

All the running backs have some type of question marks. I would go Rodgers because there is no reason to believe he won't be just as good if not better than last year.

Got any advice for my keeper question?

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=403383&pid=4786530&st=0entry4786530