Sign in to follow this  
kilroy69

LeBron and Jordan

Your hate for Curry is clouding your judgement here.

Yup, all good tho.

Real debate is where do you put Steph Curry now, the all time best shooter?

Pistol Pete. Did it without a three point line. And he was an incredible passer. He's in the conversation.

Pistol Pete. Did it without a three point line. And he was an incredible passer. He's in the conversation.

Damn, seeing my quote showed me how I completely miswrote it. I meant to say...Real debate is where we put steph now, considering he is the all time best shooter.

I really hope Kyle Korvers middle name isnt Kevin or Kenneth.

If so, he just passed Kevin McHale on HTs list.

I really hope Kyle Korvers middle name isnt Kevin or Kenneth.

If so, he just passed Kevin McHale on HTs list.

Iowa boy. They were in our conference but I was a few years older. Good family.

Career regular season triple doubles.....

LeBron: 73

Jordan: 28

Career playoff triple doubles....

LeBron: 28

Jordan: 2

Triple doubles are nice and show a complete player, but they dont tell much of a story of legacy. Some players just dont rebound or assist as much. Jordans job wasnt to rebound and rack up triple doubles.

I'm drunk, so it's Fawk you time.

Jordan and Lebron sitting in the MPV tree

Us kissing ass of one of these

First came six titles

Then came 2

Then came a ridiculous argument about triple doubles that don't mean a fawking thing when titles mean six championships rings and a baby in the baby carriage holding on to a stat thing

If he somehow wins with him and the four ketchup packets he’s starting with after rehauling the roster at the trade deadline and somehow wins a title this year...hes officially passed MJ IMO.

And im as big a MJ guy there is/was. LBJ is just something else.

Never really tried till the playoffs. Jordan hustled both sides of the ball all year. Only player to win offense and defense player of the year in the same year.

Which year was it that he won Offensive Player of the Year?

Around Steve Nash, Jason Kidd tier. Hall of Famer, just not all time greatest conversation.

That's ridiculous. For one, Nash never got a team to the Finals. Kidd never lead a team to a title (by the time he won in Dallas, he was just a role player).

With Curry, we are talking about a guy that changed the way the game is played while leading an all time great team on an all time great run. Curry is the biggest reason the entire league is in either "We have to make this move to compete with GS" or "No sense in trying to get too good too fast because GS will be there for a few more years" mode......Two titles with him averaging 28 ppg in each run....best regular season record ever....3 straight Finals appearances and maybe 4 after tonight......and if I'm betting I'll say he ends up with at least 4 titles when all is said and done.....

When discussing all time greats, I think people tend to think back to ages 10-30 and be heavily biased towards players from those years, but if looking at it objectively, Steph Curry is probably your all time starting PG if the goal is to actually dominate. No, he doesn't yet have the resume of Magic Johnson, but I'll take Curry and we will roll.

I also wonder how effective Lebron would have been in an era where defensive players were actually allowed to touch and harass you. I question Lebron's toughness if had to take the beating guys did back in those days when they took it to the hole. He still would have been a great player but not sure he'd be the player he is in today's NBA.

This is the best answer to the question

Theres just no denying Leflops greatness after this run. He could take a team of Geppeto and MDC to the finals. Cavs were not supposed to make it this year. Warriors game is huge, if they somehow find a way to lose it will be disappointing.

Theres just no denying Leflops greatness after this run. He could take a team of Geppeto and MDC to the finals. Cavs were not supposed to make it this year. Warriors game is huge, if they somehow find a way to lose it will be disappointing.

good call, they were only at 5-2, 2nd favorite at start of season.

:doh:

2017 NBA Title Odds

TEAM OPENING ODDS

Golden State Warriors 3-2

Cleveland Cavaliers 5-2

San Antonio Spurs 6-1

Boston Celtics 20-1 20

LA Clippers 16-1 25

Houston Rockets 60-1

2017 NBA Title Odds

TEAM OPENING ODDS

Cleveland Cavaliers 5-2

San Antonio Spurs 6-1

Boston Celtics 20-1 20

LA Clippers 16-1 25

Houston Rockets 60-1

Preseason expectations, kewl story. Lots of things happen during a season, maybe google it, they were doubted a lot and had problems. They went 6-13 after Xmas and people were talking them down.

huge Jordan fan never liked Lebron really

but yah I am taking Lebron at this point

I still cant. Jordan did things that defied the human ability. Lebron is a freak, but its explained a lot better by his size and speed. His pure physical ability. Jordan dominated the paint on offense in an era where the center was a huge part of many teams build.

2017 NBA Title Odds

TEAM OPENING ODDS

Cleveland Cavaliers 5-2

San Antonio Spurs 6-1

Boston Celtics 20-1 20

LA Clippers 16-1 25

Houston Rockets 60-1

Clippers? List invalidated

Preseason expectations, kewl story. Lots of things happen during a season, maybe google it, they were doubted a lot and had problems. They went 6-13 after Xmas and people were talking them down.

Exactly. If their roster had stayed the same like Golden State's did I would agree that's not a big deal but to rehaul that roster at the trade deadline and still make it is pretty extraordinary.

Exactly. If their roster had stayed the same like Golden State's did I would agree that's not a big deal but to rehaul that roster at the trade deadline and still make it is pretty extraordinary.

did they rehaul their roster to reduce their odds of a title ? You're claiming they gave up ?

did they rehaul their roster to reduce their odds of a title ? You're claiming they gave up ?

Noooooooo.... I'm saying realizing the roster you have isn't good enough and bringing in that many new players and still making a finals just doesn't happen.

They don't control the odds makers. They saw they had an issue And made changes.

I'm not sure how someone cant say that's pretty impressive.

Dr. Obeski,

It took me a long time to come around to Tom Brady as GOAT Quarterback. It wasnt until the Atlanta comeback. I fought it till the end.

Youll eventually get there with LeBron. I have faith in you.

Dr. Obeski,

It took me a long time to come around to Tom Brady as GOAT Quarterback. It wasnt until the Atlanta comeback. I fought it till the end.

Youll eventually get there with LeBron. I have faith in you.

what put you over the top ? Championships, right ?

LeBron is one the greatest, he just isnt the Jordan, Brady greatest.

what put you over the top ? .

All of it. Records, wins, rings, accomplishments, off field, eye test, grit, skill, drive, etc. etc. etc.

I tried to not let my personal fandom cloud the undeniable truth.

All of it.

I tried to not let my personal fandom cloud the undeniable truth.

:lol: Good one

I still cant. Jordan did things that defied the human ability. Lebron is a freak, but its explained a lot better by his size and speed. His pure physical ability. Jordan dominated the paint on offense in an era where the center was a huge part of many teams build.

I feel you its like the argument we used to get from older people about Wilt

No one can fault someone who has Jordan as best ever. If Lebron somehow wins this year though it will get closer. Like a few years back when Brady was on the bubble and put together those last couple runs to cement it.

They are 1-2 pretty safely Id say.

what put you over the top ? Championships, right ?

LeBron is one the greatest, he just isnt the Jordan, Brady greatest.

This, it's really that simple.

Basically the way I see it is Lebron is a stronger, faster, more physical Magic, dude can play everywhere and makes people around him better

Not a bad comparison, although LeBron doesn't have the court vision of Magic.

I watched Jordan in his prime when I was in my 20s, figured he would be the GOAT to which I would compare all others. I gotta say though, other than Miami, LeBron has had a lot less to work with. Pippen, Rodman, Grant... those Bulls teams were pretty loaded.

LeBron is a physical specimen but he works at his game and body. I used to give Jordan the edge because he wasn't such a physical freak and so I downplayed LeBron's accomplishments, but I find myself wondering if that is fair to consider.

Jordan is the most competitive player I've ever seen tho. That was another knock I had on LeBron early in his career, but he seems to have upped his competitiveness. :cheers:

Not a bad comparison, although LeBron doesn't have the court vision of Magic.

I watched Jordan in his prime when I was in my 20s, figured he would be the GOAT to which I would compare all others. I gotta say though, other than Miami, LeBron has had a lot less to work with. Pippen, Rodman, Grant... those Bulls teams were pretty loaded.

LeBron is a physical specimen but he works at his game and body. I used to give Jordan the edge because he wasn't such a physical freak and so I downplayed LeBron's accomplishments, but I find myself wondering if that is fair to consider.

Jordan is the most competitive player I've ever seen tho. That was another knock I had on LeBron early in his career, but he seems to have upped his competitiveness. :cheers:

This is fair. But also realize he is in one of the weakest runs a conference has ever seen. The East in the NBA in the last 15-20 years has been down right horrid.

How many years since Jordan left could you say the East was as good or better than the West? Maybe not a single year since?

This is fair. But also realize he is in one of the weakest runs a conference has ever seen. The East in the NBA in the last 15-20 years has been down right horrid.

How many years since Jordan left could you say the East was as good or better than the West? Maybe not a single year since?

That's apparent in LeBron's final record. Can't be argued.

Which year was it that he won Offensive Player of the Year?

1988 MVP and defense player of the year. Last time I checked, one should be the best offensive player on the court to receive that accolade. But you know that.

Hate Jordan? I get it.

LeBron James scored 51 points and made three 3-pointers to go along with eight rebounds, eight assists, one steal and one block in Game 1 against the Warriors on Thursday.

He's now logged 48 minutes two games in a row, though this one went to OT, and couldn't be stopped the entire game once again. He tied MJ for the most 30-point games in playoff history with 109. He also scored the most points in a Finals loss. He also now has seven games of at least 40/5/5 in the playoffs, the rest of the NBA combined over the last 25 years only has five. LeBron had the Cavaliers up two and appeared to take a charge to potentially take the game, but it was overturned. He did all he could and it still wasn't enough to steal one on the road. His eye appeared to be very bloodshot, but it shouldn't affect him moving forward.

For those scoring at home. That is zero. Supposed two time MVP, has never been a FINALS MVP.

In fact Curry often fades off in the Playoffs. Andre Igoudola had to save them three years ago.

Dude is a phenomenal shooter. Great handles. Top 50 all time NBA player. But yeah, he may be the third most important player on his own team.

Bump, do yourself a favor, please consider never commenting on basketball again. It's not your deal.

#shutthefockup

Bump, do yourself a favor, please consider never commenting on basketball again. It's not your deal.

#shutthefockup

Oof he got greedy with the Curry talk. 3rd most important player on his team? Hes arguably (not really) the 2nd best player in the league.

I was young for MJs last 3 championships but I remember how good I thought he was. I was old enough to know that how it plays out in movies or books was not reality. The superhero doesn't always win in real life. But MJ defied that. You expected him to make the game winning shot almost like you expect the sun to rise in the morning.

Then I have heard many player interviews lately of MJ vs Lebron. A lot of them seeing and playing both. And the players most all say MJ. So this just reaffirms my recollection of just how good he was. Just listening to these guys talk about MJ lets you know where he stands in the grand scheme of things. These are his peers.

It is hard to compare eras in all sports, and basketball is certainly no different. My favorite arguments are the stat guy arguments. These people have no idea the difference in game. Not only could you manhandle the player with the ball back then, but you had all the big guys just sitting in the lane. The game at that time was not set up for stats by a single player. You had to be under the basket to rebound. You were not coming from outside the paint since there were three 7 footers already in the paint. Lebron has nice totals. He is a 6'8 260lb guard out there in an era where the floor is spread to the max. When frail little stand 30 feet from the basket Curry is hauling in 5-8 rebounds a night in the playoffs then we can understand how much easier it is to gather stats. And not sure on the overall attempts per game, but I would imagine 90-88 games of the 90s had fewer shot attempts compared to today's run and gun style of play. Many more rebounds and just overall stats to go around.

Also as reaffirmed in the interviews I have watched, MJ wanted and often took the other teams best offensive player. Scottie sometimes would but as the stories go MJ often overruled Pippen and took his guy in situations. Lebron does not do this and never has. He can guard 4 to 5 positions but he was not near the level of defender MJ was in 1 on 1 scenarios.

LeBron is great and there is debate on whether he is GOAT.

Jordan was great, but there was no debate on who was the GOAT when he was in the league.

Debate settled.

LeBron is great and there is debate on whether he is GOAT.

Jordan was great, but there was no debate on who was the GOAT when he was in the league.

Debate settled.

Well thats just an argument of chronology.