Sign in to follow this  
DonS

Sperm off: dollar shave club

Any of you guys use dollar shave club? I've been considering it for awhile and am wondering what you guys think about the blades and shave butter.

I will now. Will never give Gillette another dime.

• Like 1

I will now. Will never give Gillette another dime.

I've always pictured you with a manbun and a hipster beard. :dunno:

I have been a member for over 5 years. I get a 4 pack of the 4 blade razors ($7.99) every 3 months and Dr. Carver's Shave Butter is the real deal. It leaves my face so smooth after a shave I can't help but to crank one off.

I have been a member for over 5 years. I get a 4 pack of the 4 blade razors ($7.99) every 3 months and Dr. Carver's Shave Butter is the real deal. It leaves my face so smooth after a shave I can't help but to crank one off.

How long do you use each blade before replacing?

How long do you use each blade before replacing?

On average I shave once every 1-2 weeks. I take a bear trimmer to my face first to thin it out before I lather up and actually shave. Each blade can get about 6 shaves in before it starts to tug and pull.

This should be their slogan. :first:

This should be their slogan. :first:

This testimonial sold me! I should receive the trial starter kit in 3-5 business days. I'll see if it truly is spank worthy.

This testimonial sold me! I should receive the trial starter kit in 3-5 business days. I'll see if it truly is spank worthy.

Please report back...No details/pics/videos though. Well, I suppose you can send them to that freak Ed.

They should send you some One Wipe Charlie's also and they are great. I cannot tell you how many times I showered and cleaned up before going out only to be hit with the urge to take a dump. They smell way more manly than baby wipes and you don't have to be at the club/bar with mud butt all night.

Dollar shave club is pretty awesome.

Please report back...No details/pics/videos though. Well, I suppose you can send them to that freak Ed.

Will do. I shave my head so I hope it works well in that department.

I'm still a GC millionaire, just not a GC millionaire with a luxurious head of hair like Fabio.

I take a bear trimmer to my face first to thin it out before I lather up and actually shave.

God damn.

Will do. I shave my head so I hope it works well in that department.

I'm still a GC millionaire, just not a GC millionaire with a luxurious head of hair like Fabio.

Loser.

I used to use it. Still would, but they don't ship to china.

The blades are great. Get the higher tier ones.

I don't like the shave butter. It's too thick, clogs up the razor. But a lot of people like it.

I liked the one wipe Charlies as well.

I am mostly neanderthal, knuckle hair, thick eyebrows, unibrow, and my 5 oclock shadow comes at 11 am.

I can only use the Gillette razors, i have tried every alternative and they do not work for someone like myself. The very first time i use a razor, even an expensive razor such as the Schick Hydro 5, it still does not shave me smooth.

I am mostly neanderthal, knuckle hair, thick eyebrows, unibrow, and my 5 oclock shadow comes at 11 am.

I can only use the Gillette razors, i have tried every alternative and they do not work for someone like myself. The very first time i use a razor, even an expensive razor such as the Schick Hydro 5, it still does not shave me smooth.

It is mostly due to direction you shave

I think I read the Dollar shave club sold for about a billion dollars to Procter & Gamble. Who is gillette's biggest rival in the market.

so it's a little bit like your favorite craft beer selling out to Budweiser.

But what the hell? If it's the same pricing and products, sounds like everybody's getting paid.

It is mostly due to direction you shave

I am aware of that, but understand I cannot shave against the grain without first shaving with the grain, switching to a new brand new razor blade and putting on shaving cream a second time prior to shaving against the grain.

I do not understand people that say that they can shave against the grain.

I am aware of that, but understand I cannot shave against the grain without first shaving with the grain, switching to a new brand new razor blade and putting on shaving cream a second time prior to shaving against the grain.

Heat and moisture make a good shave. When you get out of the shower don't dry your hair or face before you shave. See if that helps

I've tried Harry's, Gilette Fusion, Dorco, the new Barbasol, single blade safety razors, and Schick.

To me... its not even close.

Schick Hydro 5 is way better than the rest. The blades on all are fine .. but Schick is so much smoother.

A shaved a piece of skin of the size of a dime on my shoulder with the safety razor. So I quit that experiment.

I shave my nearly entire body (back, chest, face) so... I know what razor is best. Harry's and Gillete Fusion have too much drag and catch.

I've tried Harry's, Gilette Fusion, Dorco, the new Barbasol, single blade safety razors, and Schick.

Schick Hydro 5 is way better than the rest. The blades on all are fine .. but Schick is so much smoother.

A shaved a piece of skin of the size of a dime on my shoulder with the safety razor. So I quit that experiment.

I shave my nearly entire body (back, chest, face) so... I know what razor is best. Harry's and Gillete Fusion have too much drag and catch.

to me honestly the best shave is the Mach 3, its amazing its like everyone is different, I tried the Schick Hydro and they sucked for me

the second best shave was with my wife's pink soleil I think its called

to me honestly the best shave is the Mach 3, its amazing its like everyone is different, I tried the Schick Hydro and they sucked for me

the second best shave was with my wife's pink soleil I think its called

Yeah... its obviously different for different people....

I WISH I liked Harry's the best. Their handle is the best and most solid feeling. But no lube strip or something. At least it feels like that.

Yeah... its obviously different for different people....

I WISH I liked Harry's the best. Their handle is the best and most solid feeling. But no lube strip or something. At least it feels like that.

Does anyone have any feedback on the handle for the DSC razors?

I could shave against the grain but I’d look like I ran my neck through a meat tenderizer.

The drag and catching are the moles and skin tags getting caught on the razor blades. Just a FYI.

I've always shaved against the grain.

I lather 3 times... I shave once with, once across, once against.

Doesn't take very long either

Heat and moisture make a good shave. When you get out of the shower don't dry your hair or face before you shave. See if that helps

Yeah always shave post shower, if it's in the shower I use a tiny conditioner on my face and wash it off

I wish they sold King Talc. That stuff smells great and feels great.

But now I'm afraid it might give me cervical cancer.

I've always pictured you with a manbun and a hipster beard. :dunno:

Thats because you are dumb. The Willy Loman of Minnesota salesman.

Thats because you are dumb. The Willy Loman of Minnesota salesman.

Nope. Man bun and hipster beard. Guaranteed.

Dollar shave club should put out a promotion right now. Enter key words fock Gillette for 20% off your order.

Or they could run an add saying they support all the great men out there who are doing the right thing. That is how it should be marketed.

Serious question. I thought about doing the dollar shave club but I just figured they would be cheap razors. I currently use the Gillette fusion pro glide and I love it. How do those razors compare to it?

Serious question. I thought about doing the dollar shave club but I just figured they would be cheap razors. I currently use the Gillette fusion pro glide and I love it. How do those razors compare to it?

There are three levels of razor quality. The highest is every bit as good as Gillette. I used them for years, still would if available.