Sign in to follow this  
iham32

Derrick Henry

Start of a trend to split carries with Murray??? Didnt watch the game but seems like they purposely fed him the ball. I read that the Titans saw that their recent win percentage is directly tied to his carries.

Murray looked good on maybe a catch or 2 but he had 12 carries for 40 yards and was nothing special. Henry wasn't blowing me away either until the big run at the end. I witnessed him running up his blockers backs more than a few times and questioned his vision.

I'm trying to trade Henry.

Murray looked good on maybe a catch or 2 but he had 12 carries for 40 yards and was nothing special. Henry wasn't blowing me away either until the big run at the end. I witnessed him running up his blockers backs more than a few times and questioned his vision.

I'm trying to trade Henry.

Let me ask you this, if you're not looking to hold Henry and see if he can take the job/Murray gets hurt, then why do you roster him at all?

Over the past few weeks you could have instead used that same roster spot on Watson, Fuller, Aaron Jones, AP, McKinnon, Darkwa, ASJ etc...none of whom you could now get in a straight up trade for Henry, even after last night's game. He's being wasted on your bench when every week starters are now popping up weekly on the waiver wire.

In my opinion, your bench has guys that are short term flex options or long term lottery tickets, but not both like this. Henry is the quintessential long term lottery ticket that can win you your league, so why have him at all if you can't start him in the short term, and you're just going to turn around and sell him for a far less package than he could ultimately become.

Unless you're in a super deep league, I just don't get it.

In my opinion, your bench has guys that are short term flex options or long term lottery tickets, but not both like this. Henry is the quintessential long term lottery ticket that can win you your league, so why have him at all if you can't start him in the short term, and you're just going to turn around and sell him for a far less package than he could ultimately become.

Outside of this one game against the worst team in the league, the Titans running game has looked pedestrian. In fact, both Murray and Henry have one long run to their name this year,and that's about it. If the Colts hadn't given up on the play, a safety or corner would have likely run him down. Now is the perfect time to ship Henry. He hasn't been able to supplant an aged Murray, and has likely developed into a time share. His talent isn't what people make it out to be, which is why I would sell. You can probably get an every week starter at WR, for a player thats little more than a desperation flex and lotto ticket.

Outside of this one game against the worst team in the league, the Titans running game has looked pedestrian. In fact, both Murray and Henry have one long run to their name this year,and that's about it. If the Colts hadn't given up on the play, a safety or corner would have likely run him down. Now is the perfect time to ship Henry. He hasn't been able to supplant an aged Murray, and has likely developed into a time share. His talent isn't what people make it out to be.

No, it's not the perfect time to trade him. The perfect move if you didn't think he had it, would have been to drop him weeks ago for any of Watson, Fuller, AP, McKinnon, ASJ, Darkwa, etc. that have become every week starters in just the past 2 weeks. You will not get that back in a straight up trade for Henry.

That was my point. If you're not looking to hold these guys long term, or you don't think they have it, then just drop them.

Let me ask you this, if you're not looking to hold Henry and see if he can take the job/Murray gets hurt, then why do you roster him at all?

Over the past few weeks you could have instead used that same roster spot on Watson, Fuller, Aaron Jones, AP, McKinnon, Darkwa, ASJ etc...none of whom you could now get in a straight up trade for Henry, even after last night's game. He's being wasted on your bench when every week starters are now popping up weekly on the waiver wire.

Unless you're in a super deep league, I just don't get it.

I have both....the players you listed were either already long gone, or simply not good enough to supplant current starters, or...we have a little Captain Hindsight with some of those guys. I personally didn't find a week or two rental runining back I wouldn't have played, better than stashing Henry.

I have both....the players you listed were either already long gone, or simply not good enough to supplant current starters, or...we have a little Captain Hindsight with some of those guys. I personally didn't find a week or two rental runining back I wouldn't have played, better than stashing Henry.

yeah I mean I'm not talking the low upside guys like Gallman, Collins, Rawls, Ellington, but every one of those guys I just listed above were available for free probably within the past 3 weeks and all are now every week starters going forward. I disagree that its Captain Hindsight, but instead either a roster philosophy on how you use your bench spots, a limit on transactions in his league, or him just grossly overestimating Henry's skill.

if you have both Murray and Henry, then it's a different story as Henry has more value to you personally as a handcuff. If you just have Henry as a standalone player though (which I think this guy might since he's looking to move him so quickly) then I don't see the point.

yeah I mean I'm not talking the low upside guys like Gallman, Collins, Rawls, Ellington, but every one of those guys I just listed above were available for free probably within the past 3 weeks and all are now every week starters going forward. I disagree that its Captain Hindsight, but instead either a roster philosophy on how you use your bench spots, a limit on transactions in his league, or him just grossly overestimating Henry's skill.

if you have both Murray and Henry, then it's a different story as Henry has more value to you personally as a handcuff. If you just have Henry as a standalone player though (which I think this guy might since he's looking to move him so quickly) then I don't see the point.

Oh my bad....if you JUST have Henry yeah I agree....I misunderstood your post.

No, it's not the perfect time to trade him. The perfect move if you didn't think he had it, would have been to drop him weeks ago for any of Watson, Fuller, AP, McKinnon, ASJ, Darkwa, etc. that have become every week starters in just the past 2 weeks. You will not get that back in a straight up trade for Henry.

That was my point. If you're not looking to hold these guys long term, or you don't think they have it, then just drop them.

You're making the assumption he didn't have somebody else on the roster that was "more droppable" than Henry. I still have Henry as well as picked up Watson & Darkwa.

Henry had very little trade value before last night... yet he still wasn't truly droppable (12-team league that is).

You're making the assumption he didn't have somebody else on the roster that was "more droppable" than Henry. I still have Henry as well as picked up Watson & Darkwa.

Henry had very little trade value before last night... yet he still wasn't truly droppable (12-team league that is).

I acknowledge I'm making assumptions but I don't have access to his whole team, so I kinda have to. That's why though I did include on my original post that this may be different if it's a super deep league.

And I think "droppable" is relative to whomever is on your bench, no matter how deep the league is. Every player can be droppable in theory.

But my main point is the philosophy around handcuff/lottery players in general like Henry. Henry's true value is in his long term potential, otherwise he's just a matchup based flex at best/waiver wire mainstay at worst. If an owner is choosing to invest in a player like that, like this guy is, than it only make sense to do that if you're willing to carry long term and see what happens. If you're just going to jump ship after his first "sign of life," then he's really no more valuable to you than the best available waiver wire player, even in a 12 team league.

There's a difference between not believing in him, and him being drop worthy. Drop worthy implies he's the worst player on your team. As a person who has never believed in Henry, I don't believe that would ever be the case. Also, why would you drop a guy who some people clearly believe in, and has trade value down the road? You simply didn't want to sell low, and were waiting for his value to rebound a bit.

There's a difference between not believing in him, and him being drop worthy. Drop worthy implies he's the worst player on your team. As a person who has never believed in Henry, I don't believe that would ever be the case. Also, why would you drop a guy who some people clearly believe in, and has trade value down the road? You simply didn't want to sell low, and were waiting for his value to rebound a bit.

for the guys I said above. He could have used that roster spot on any of Watson, Fuller, AP, McKinnon, etc. Those are better options now than he can get in a trade for Henry.

I'm not advocating dropping him for just anybody, but specifically in these past 2 weeks guys have become available for free that will greatly impact fantasy championships. That's worth dropping for if you were never planning on carrying Henry to his fullest value, like this guy is talking about.

for the guys I said above. He could have used that roster spot on any of Watson, Fuller, AP, McKinnon, etc. Those are better options now than he can get in a trade for Henry.

I'm not advocating dropping him for just anybody, but specifically in these past 2 weeks guys have become available for free that will greatly impact fantasy championships. That's worth dropping for if you were never planning on carrying Henry to his fullest value, like this guy is talking about.

You're making too many assumptions here to have a valid argument. First of all when those guys were on the waiver wire, they didn't have more value than Henry. So I applaud you're incredible judgment if you knew those guys would have more value. Even if you did know they would have more value than Henry, Henry probably had more value than another player on your team. Meaning you keep Henry and drop a different player for those pick ups. Henry could very well be at his fullest value right now.

You're making too many assumptions here to have a valid argument. First of all when those guys were on the waiver wire, they didn't have more value than Henry. So I applaud you're incredible judgment if you knew those guys would have more value. Even if you did know they would have more value than Henry, Henry probably had more value than another player on your team. Meaning you keep Henry and drop a different player for those pick ups. Henry could very well be at his fullest value right now.

I disagree; when AP got traded I think he had more value than Henry.

When Cook went down, I think both McKinnon and Latavius had moree value than Henry.

After Fuller's first week back, I think he had more value than Henry. I think you could make the case that he had more value before stepping on the field considering how he played last year and how Watson was performing.

I should add in the fact that I'm a Henry owner myself, and I would never think to drop him like I'm saying here. However, I value him as the potential Top 10 guy down the road that can win me my league, like I think you're supposed to if you choose to roster him. Whether or not that ever comes to fruition is a different story, but that's where I value him and that's why I invested in him and continue to hold him.

What I don't understand on this other guy though is why he has him at all if he's just going to turn around and sell him so cheap. If that's how he values him, then I do think this owner is better off playing the waiver wire and trying to find help through that.

Depends on murrays injury. Murray offers more than Henry when healthy, proven by how little Henry is considered in the passing game

Depends on murrays injury. Murray offers more than Henry when healthy, proven by how little Henry is considered in the passing game

then why trade him at all would be my response to that?

with Murray being injured, why not ride it out all season and see where that goes?

with Murray being injured, why not ride it out all season and see where that goes?

Someone values him more than the guy who currently has him. He's doesn't want the headache of dealing with this RB situation. He's selling high. He needs a WR.... A lot of reasons.

Lost Rodgers so I really did not want to trade Henry but figured now after good showing was the time to trade. Rivers is my backup all td's 6pt, so although I think Henry has huge potential and could possibly win my league for me if Demarco goes down I could not wait and the wire has nothing but scrubs right now. Got Palmer straight up. Henry went to Demarco owner. Rivers and Palmer play the match ups not optimal but I am ok with it.

Someone values him more than the guy who currently has him. He's doesn't want the headache of dealing with this RB situation. He's selling high. He needs a WR.... A lot of reasons.

If he didn't want the headache of dealing with the RB situation, then he shouldn't have invested in it in the first place. There was plenty of other good players on the board/waiver wire that he could have taken instead of Henry, but he chose to take him instead. If he wasn't planning on holding out to give Henry a chance to win the job eventually, then it was a bad pick in my opinion. Nobody made him invest in this committee.

In regards to the "someone values him more" line, again i would go back to the comment about Watson, Fuller, McKinnon, AP. That's what he could have gotten weeks back by just dropping Henry, and he can't get any of those guys today in a straight up trade for him. You're fixated on the "dropping" because I think you just presume that trading a player is always preferable to flat out dropping him, but this is a case where its not. He was better off dropping him than trying to trade him now is my point.

If he didn't want the headache of dealing with the RB situation, then he shouldn't have invested in it in the first place. There was plenty of other good players on the board/waiver wire that he could have taken instead of Henry, but he chose to take him instead. If he wasn't planning on holding out to give Henry a chance to win the job eventually, then it was a bad pick in my opinion. Nobody made him invest in this committee.

In regards to the "someone values him more" line, again i would go back to the comment about Watson, Fuller, McKinnon, AP. That's what he could have gotten weeks back by just dropping Henry, and he can't get any of those guys today in a straight up trade for him. You're fixated on the "dropping" because I think you just presume that trading a player is always preferable to flat out dropping him, but this is a case where its not. He was better off dropping him than trying to trade him now is my point.

He could have those guys & Henry. You assume Henry is his worst player.

He could have those guys & Henry. You assume Henry is his worst player.

you're right on that, I don't know who he has.

But he sure didn't talk about him like he thought very highly of him, and it sounds like he's been holding out for this for weeks just waiting for the guy to show some semblance of life so that he can move him. That's why I thought to question why he has him at all.

If that's the case, then I think he would have been better off just dropping him.

......seems like they purposely fed him the ball. I read that the Titans saw that their recent win percentage is directly tied to his carries.

Indeed, Henry has 14, 13, and 19 carries across their 3 wins with a 6.02 YPC; and 6, 6, and 4 carries in their 3 losses with a YPC of 2.56. But I wonder if this simply means that when the Titans are playing a team they can beat and run the ball on effectively that Henry will wind up getting more carries - as opposed to the more bold assertion that feeding Henry will actually cause a victory. But perhaps there is something to be said for trying to emulate the 2014 Cowboys keepaway strategy back when they had Demarco Murray.

I'm looking to upgrade to Dak at QB. I have plenty depth already at RB.

Indeed, Henry has 14, 13, and 19 carries across their 3 wins with a 6.02 YPC; and 6, 6, and 4 carries in their 3 losses with a YPC of 2.56. But I wonder if this simply means that when the Titans are playing a team they can beat and run the ball on effectively that Henry will wind up getting more carries - as opposed to the more bold assertion that feeding Henry will actually cause a victory. But perhaps there is something to be said for trying to emulate the 2014 Cowboys keepaway strategy back when they had Demarco Murray.

Henry gets more carries when the Titans are up, and those carries tend to be late so he is going to plow through tired defenses, yielding higher YPC. Titans winning leads to Henry carries, not vice versa. Also, his 70 yard TD this past week was on the last play of an already decided game, where everyone thought he was going to kneel. Him blowing past defenders on that play proves nothing. It did jack up his YPC stat though.

I love Henry almost as much as David Johnson, and think he could be a top 3 RB if given the carries. Unfortunately I don't have him this season, but if I did I wouldn't drop him for anyone on the waiver wire, and would only trade him in a package for a top 5 RB. It really sucks that Murray stays just healthy enough to play and produces just enough to keep 50% or more of the carries.

Yeah his avg per rush was a little over 3 yards before that 70 yard run.

Plus it was Murray who scored the TD.

I'm keeping Henry, but his upside still won't be fully meet with Murray still available.

Next year.

Unless Murray gets hurt

This Tennessee team is a headache. The last time Murray was this gimpy and barely practiced and looked like he might shut it down for a few weeks and everybody was loading up on Henry in their lineup...Murray started and had his best game of the season and Henry disappeared.

Murray has been on a bad wheel since August and apparently neither he nor the team are smart enough to rest him. Just keep running the guy on one leg all year.

Now report Murray expected to play. For those who own both who are u starting?

I've got both and I'm rolling Henry. They play Cleveland and should be up pretty big in the second half, with a heavy dose of running.

I've got both and I'm rolling Henry. They play Cleveland and should be up pretty big in the second half, with a heavy dose of running.

Ugg..debating. Have Hyde and Martin......don’t feel great about either.

Could see where they say Murray is playing and then they essentially sit him. cleveland stingy against the run though.

this is a game of russian roulette. murray is fighting to not lose his job. as for me, i'm sitting henry thinking that maybe murray pushes it and hurts himself (making henry a green light going forward)

this is a game of russian roulette. murray is fighting to not lose his job. as for me, i'm sitting henry thinking that maybe murray pushes it and hurts himself (making henry a green light going forward)

Good call so far. It's the same exact situation as last time when Murray was questionable with hammy issue. End up with Murray dominating and Henry riding the pine.

Good call so far. It's the same exact situation as last time when Murray was questionable with hammy issue. End up with Murray dominating and Henry riding the pine.

I didn't have much choice. With injuries and byes I had... Marlon Mack? Oh well, there is still a second half.

I'm looking to upgrade to Dak at QB. I have plenty depth already at RB.

Getting Dak for him prior to this weekend makes me feel pretty good