• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#81 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 01:35 PM

Doug!  In the good name of Capt Kirk of the USS Enterprise to Scotty--'I need that POWER'!

Beam down those kickers and defensive rankings.....I'm in trouble tomorrow.

Energize! 

Nice.

Send me an e-mail using the link at the top of any one of my articles. I'll make sure you have them before I go to sleep tonight.

#82 wizbang

wizbang

FF Geek

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 02:00 PM

I see a huge difference in their talent with Hill being a lot more Versitile and dynamic. The offense can be designed around him. Watkins is more of a one trick guy, and he hasn't shown me he isn't all that good at that trick

Exactly. He has deep speed and is physically impressive (read, can win jump balls). He just doesnt produce and bombed in LA. I feel he lacks natural receiver skills to compliment his measurables. Tyreek Hill is so much better its scary.

#83 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:46 PM

Exactly. He has deep speed and is physically impressive (read, can win jump balls). He just doesnt produce and bombed in LA. I feel he lacks natural receiver skills to compliment his measurables. Tyreek Hill is so much better its scary.

He didn't produce in LA in large part b/c he had about a month to learn a different playbook. Yet in a "non-producing year," he scored eight times. I think the evidence will also show McVay made Goff's reads easier by having him focus on one side of the field more often than not. Given his comfort level and familiarity with Woods/Kupp, that side was usually opposite Watkins, who got used more as a clear-out receiver.

I won't deny Hill is a freaky talent and a more dynamic playmaker than Watkins. But don't hold Watkins' situations thus far (Buffalo and a late arrival to LA) against him.

Only three of Hill's 13 career touchdowns have come inside 20 yards, including none last year on four RZ targets. Even for a freak like Hill, regression is bound to strike sooner or later if he doesn't start getting more looks inside the 20.

#84 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,525 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 03:48 PM

He didn't produce in LA in large part b/c he had about a month to learn a different playbook. Yet in a "non-producing year," he scored eight times. I think the evidence will also show McVay made Goff's reads easier by having him focus on one side of the field more often than not. Given his comfort level and familiarity with Woods/Kupp, that side was usually opposite Watkins, who got used more as a clear-out receiver.

I won't deny Hill is a freaky talent and a more dynamic playmaker than Watkins. But don't hold Watkins' situations thus far (Buffalo and a late arrival to LA) against him.

Only three of Hill's 13 career touchdowns have come inside 20 yards, including none last year on four RZ targets. Even for a freak like Hill, regression is bound to strike sooner or later if he doesn't start getting more looks inside the 20.

I expect the opposite of regression from Hill since Mahomes is the perfect QB for him. All aboard the Hill train!!

#85 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:02 PM

I expect the opposite of regression from Hill since Mahomes is the perfect QB for him. All aboard the Hill train!!

Agree that Mahomes is the perfect QB for him. Just don't expect 69-yard touchdowns in triple coverage on the regular  :nono:

Hill is a balancing act as an analyst. Schedule says hell no, his target share is likely to go down opposite a $16 M receiver and his RZ usage says regression is coming. Yet I find him likely to score 10 times b/c game script should be his friend and Mahomes will probably make him an 18-yard per catch guy. You'll be happy to know he's now WR13 on my PPR Big Board, right behind Hilton. 

#86 the newb

the newb

FF Geek

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

OK, here comes 2.0. Top 200 for PPR is posted.

Is there a way to make this more printer friendly that I'm missing?

#87 the spanker

the spanker

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:23 PM

Agree that Mahomes is the perfect QB for him. Just don't expect 69-yard touchdowns in triple coverage on the regular  :nono:

Hill is a balancing act as an analyst. Schedule says hell no, his target share is likely to go down opposite a $16 M receiver and his RZ usage says regression is coming. Yet I find him likely to score 10 times b/c game script should be his friend and Mahomes will probably make him an 18-yard per catch guy. You'll be happy to know he's now WR13 on my PPR Big Board, right behind Hilton. 

What?  I just looked at the current PPR Big board and it doesn't reflect that ranking! 

I'm gonna send you an e-mail to give me the latest please.

Or were you being sarcastic about Hill?  

#88 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:41 PM

What?  I just looked at the current PPR Big board and it doesn't reflect that ranking! 

I'm gonna send you an e-mail to give me the latest please.

Or were you being sarcastic about Hill?  

Not kidding. I'm sarcastic in person, but I try not to do it on the interwebs as it is easy for people to think you are serious when you're trying to be funny or vice versa.

My rankings are fluid all month long, although not usually so fluid where I move up a WR from WR18 to WR13. That's why I'll always say people can e-mail me if they want my most updated Big Board. I use that baby for all my upcoming high-stakes drafts, so I have to keep updating it as more information becomes available and/or my research yields something that makes me rethink my attribute scoring of a player.

#89 the spanker

the spanker

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:29 PM

Not kidding. I'm sarcastic in person, but I try not to do it on the interwebs as it is easy for people to think you are serious when you're trying to be funny or vice versa.

My rankings are fluid all month long, although not usually so fluid where I move up a WR from WR18 to WR13. That's why I'll always say people can e-mail me if they want my most updated Big Board. I use that baby for all my upcoming high-stakes drafts, so I have to keep updating it as more information becomes available and/or my research yields something that makes me rethink my attribute scoring of a player.

Well I e-mailed you for the latest info.

I typed:  Doug,

I just read you tweaked your ppr big board rankings???   Can I have the latest with the kicker/defensive rankings as well? 

Thanks!

Your lonely friend who is losing his mind because the countdown has begun for my shark league tomorrow and I need that steel cage from you soon please.   :D

#90 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 08:33 PM

I just read you tweaked your ppr big board rankings???   Can I have the latest with the kicker/defensive rankings as well? 

Thanks!

Your lonely friend who is losing his mind because the countdown has begun for my shark league tomorrow and I need that steel cage from you soon please.   :D

You will get it momentarily.

I'm multi-tasking, getting the K/DST stuff done while watching all my "sleepers" blow up tonight  :banana:

#91 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,525 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 09:44 PM

Thanks!

So needy...

#92 the spanker

the spanker

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:23 PM

So needy...

I'm secure enough to admit I do have flaws and personal issues....just not to the competition.   :lol: 

Thanks Doug!!!    

#93 Mike FF Today

Mike FF Today

Administrator

• Admin
  • 11,823 posts

Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:44 PM

Half-Point Top 200 posted.

Follow me to the best fantasy draft program in the business.

Like FFToday on Facebook | Follow FFToday on Twitter

#94 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 25 August 2018 - 01:56 AM

For anyone that can't get the boards to print, try this:

Go to print preview, find page setup and then check the box that asks "Print Background Colors and Images". If the problem is a matter of width, switching from portrait to landscape will probably do the trick.

#95 Mike FF Today

Mike FF Today

Administrator

• Admin
  • 11,823 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 07:52 PM

Kickers and Defenses posted.

#96 SpenceToons

SpenceToons

FF Geek

• Members
  • 940 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:28 AM

When will the PPR Top 200 be updated to reflect the results/implications from preseason Week 3 ?

#97 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 01:36 PM

When will the PPR Top 200 be updated to reflect the results/implications from preseason Week 3 ?

They won't be on the site. You can e-mail me for the most current version I have.

#98 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,525 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 03:19 PM

Hill with 8 rec for 88 yards. Man he is going to be fantastic this year. A ppr machine

#99 Mike FF Today

Mike FF Today

Administrator

• Admin
  • 11,823 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:24 AM

Fresh BB for the TFC High stakes league.

#100 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 11:59 AM

Hill with 8 rec for 88 yards. Man he is going to be fantastic this year. A ppr machine

Keep expectations in check. He should see plenty of Casey Heyward, Richard Sherman (we'll see if he's ready by Week 3), Chris Harris, A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey over the first five games. Hill has a brutal matchup schedule that would be good for about eight reds with most players. It does help he has expanded his game and can do more than just go deep though.

#101 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,525 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 12:33 PM

Keep expectations in check. He should see plenty of Casey Heyward, Richard Sherman (we'll see if he's ready by Week 3), Chris Harris, A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey over the first five games. Hill has a brutal matchup schedule that would be good for about eight reds with most players. It does help he has expanded his game and can do more than just go deep though.

If he was more a prototypical receiver, I would be more worried. I don't fear Sherman at all covering him. Most any corner in the league isn't going to be able to stop Tyreek from freaking. Maybe Ramsey can?

#102 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

If he was more a prototypical receiver, I would be more worried. I don't fear Sherman at all covering him. Most any corner in the league isn't going to be able to stop Tyreek from freaking. Maybe Ramsey can?

Heyward was the best CB in the league for large parts of 2017. Harris is still pretty damn good and should shadow. And, of course, the Jags are the Jags. If Hill gets off to a fast start, it will be you who is beasting your way to a fantasy title.

#103 Mullog

Mullog

FF Geek

• Members
  • 739 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:01 PM

Dudes!  Will there be an update to the Big Board this week? :thumbsup:

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

#104 Phil Simms 11

Phil Simms 11

FF Geek

• Members
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:07 PM

Have the draft tomorrow, I like the schedule color code here but need to use updated ADPs elsewhere

#105 track 1

track 1

FF Geek

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 04:40 PM

Why is fournette ranked #2 in ppr rb?

#106 The Football Guru

The Football Guru

FF Geek

• Members
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:12 PM

Why is fournette ranked #2 in ppr rb?

A bit late to the game, eh?

Virtually everything that could line up this season for LF is lining up. I expanded on my high ranking for him in my first PPR Big Board article a few weeks ago.

http://www.fftoday.c...oard_ppr_1.html

#107 Frozenbeernuts

Frozenbeernuts

FF Geek

• Members
  • 22,525 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Love LF this year. While his offense isn't the best, he is a rare physical specimen who also knows how to play the position