Sign in to follow this  
petekrum

2016 Breakout Players

Ingram avg 4.6 yards per carry last season and had 50 rec i don't see fools gold in taking Ingram , only fools are those that pass on him .

Ingram was my best RB this season until he got hurt. Highly productive in PPR leagues.

i would take him again.

Yes he was mind on one of my teams also , was lucky to pick up Hightower . But this guy is even getting better and more used in the passing game he had 60 targets and 50 rec .

Ivory has always had durability issues due to his violent running style. Bilal Powell came on late last year and might be undervalued in 2016

A guy no one has been talking about because he's got the weakest ankles in the NFL is Ty Montgomery. Rookie WR for GB. When he got pressed into service because of injuries, he was the only guy on the Packers that could get open on a regular basis, and he started earning more targets. Could be more of a 2017 target though.

Hard to say with Nelson returning from injury .

Ivory has always had durability issues due to his violent running style. Bilal Powell came on late last year and might be undervalued in 2016

I'll disagree with Powell being undervalued. He is not a feature back. He has 7 career rushing touch downs in a 5 year career. He is decent if he is given space coming in on 3rd downs or spelling a lead back but hasn't shown anything that tells me he could be a breakout player.

I'll go with CJA as next year's Doug Martin. People are so done with him but he has shown talent when not injured/nicked. He will be a nice get if he falls to late 3rd early 4th. I think Mike Floyd could be a Allen Robinson light.

Powell not a feature back per se true but a Ppr value and in many ways a better fit for that offense. Perhaps undervalued vs breakout

But then cja really isn't a breakout player either, a rebound candidate yes

A guy who i just traded for, and i also dropped him in a dynasty league early last year now wishing i didnt, Deandre Smelter WR SF. He tore his knee up at the end of his college season but seemed like a good receiver prospect before the injury. I probably over paid a tad since Kaep is still the qb, but if he can take Boldins role in the offense and show promise, he may be a real threat if SF can get a solid qb in town.

If Houston fixes it's QB keep an eye on WR Jaelen Strong. He's got the physical tools to be an Anquan Boldin type player.

If Houston fixes it's QB keep an eye on WR Jaelen Strong. He's got the physical tools to be an Anquan Boldin type player.

Interesting name. I liked him in college but he's done literally nothing in the NFL but catch that amazing Hail Mary bomb for a TD. But like you said, if they can get a decent and stable QB I like him a lot playing opposite Nuk and he can probably be had for next to nothing in drafts.

Lack of Qb didn't seem to hurt Hopkins last season .

A bad QB can sustain one WR in fantasy, they struggle to sustain more.

Or Hopkins is just a really good wr .

I'd be really excited for the future in Houston with a second draft of Qb Christian Hackenberg. I believe that would be the best of both worlds. The Houston fanchise, and the rook Qb.

Yeah, but you could argue that Hopkins was the best WR in pro football. I dont see any other WR's putting up big numbers in that offense.

Yeah, but you could argue that Hopkins was the best WR in pro football. I dont see any other WR's putting up big numbers in that offense.

I would argue that he is not the best wr in the NFL , but he is in the top five . He posted great number despite the fact the team doesn't have a good Qb . I don't see any other wr posting good number on that team either based on lack of Qb play and lack of a good number two wr .

I would argue that he is not the best wr in the NFL , but he is in the top five . He posted great number despite the fact the team doesn't have a good Qb . I don't see any other wr posting good number on that team either based on lack of Qb play and lack of a good number two wr .

Crazy how your Enlish and grammar are starting to get better.

Watch for Eric Rogers, former CFL player.

I grabbed him in a very deep 12 teamer, but i'll need to see more before i commit a roster spot to him in any of my smaller roster leagues. The SF passing game is going to be a complete mess next year, and after seeing Duron Carter and Dontrelle Inman tear up the CFL and make little or no impact in the NFL, im going to have to be convinced Rogers is better than Quinton Patton or Bruce Ellington or even DeAndre Smelter.

A guy im a little surprised hasnt been mentioned yet is Dorial Green Beckham.

Superior physical skills....check

Quarterback is on the rise....check

Not enough of a running attack to take away from the passing....check

Terrible team that will likely have to pass a lot.....check

Not a lot of competition for targets....check

Improved consistently during last season, coming on late in the season to be almost startable....check

• Like 1

I grabbed him in a very deep 12 teamer, but i'll need to see more before i commit a roster spot to him in any of my smaller roster leagues. The SF passing game is going to be a complete mess next year, and after seeing Duron Carter and Dontrelle Inman tear up the CFL and make little or no impact in the NFL, im going to have to be convinced Rogers is better than Quinton Patton or Bruce Ellington or even DeAndre Smelter.

A guy im a little surprised hasnt been mentioned yet is Dorial Green Beckham.

Superior physical skills....check

Quarterback is on the rise....check

Not enough of a running attack to take away from the passing....check

Terrible team that will likely have to pass a lot.....check

Not a lot of competition for targets....check

Improved consistently during last season, coming on late in the season to be almost startable....check

He is such a physical freak. I am not sure he has what it takes between the ears to be a good receiver though.

I'd say a kid flying under the radar now is Breshad Perriman. The torn PCL is supposedly 100% healed with no signs of it being a chronic condition. Love his situation in Baltimore, running as the primary deep threat with a cannon-armed Joe Flacco. He's basically a 23 year old rookie, but his situation couldn't be better.

He is such a physical freak. I am not sure he has what it takes between the ears to be a good receiver though.

Wonderlic scores:

Amari Cooper: 21

DGB: 20

Dez Bryant 16

Devante Parker 15

Julio Jones 15

Martavis Bryant 14

AJ Green 10

Kelvin Benjamin 7

DGB has his red flags.....he has had some knuckheadedness in his past, but not being smart enough to be an NFL WR doesnt seem to be one of his flags. Obviously the wonderlic isnt the be all and end all, and

Wonderlic scores:

Amari Cooper: 21

DGB: 20

Dez Bryant 16

Devante Parker 15

Julio Jones 15

Martavis Bryant 14

AJ Green 10

Kelvin Benjamin 7

DGB has his red flags.....he has had some knuckheadedness in his past, but not being smart enough to be an NFL WR doesnt seem to be one of his flags. Obviously the wonderlic isnt the be all and end all, and

I did not mean strictly intelligence. His ability to grasp route running. His desire to put in the work. Maybe he even puts in the work but just doesnt get the route running aspect. Football smarts and intelligence dont always go hand in hand.

I think Ebron the te with the Lions will have a break out season .

I'd say a kid flying under the radar now is Breshad Perriman. The torn PCL is supposedly 100% healed with no signs of it being a chronic condition. Love his situation in Baltimore, running as the primary deep threat with a cannon-armed Joe Flacco. He's basically a 23 year old rookie, but his situation couldn't be better.

Absolutely no way. Just a jag at best.

I think Ebron the te with the Lions will have a break out season .

He was one of my preseason sleepers for this year. Grabbed him in the last round. He started off great but tailed off due to injuries and just being a Lion.

Hyde? Just legitimately curious as to why you think that?

He had one bomb ass game in week 1 where everyone labelled him a stud, then he fell in the black hole and was never heard from again.

He did look good in that one game though, but I don't see him breaking out. After dropping him last year, I even considered adding him to my DND list.

as a wolverine I watched him at OSU... and it hurts to say this, but his skill set is elite in my mind...

you throw in Chip kelly and that crazy offense and if Hyde stays healthy i expect him to finish a RB1

Absolutely no way. Just a jag at best.

Normally I'd ask such a statement be qualified, but it's off season and basically a bull shite thread. Let's just re-visit mid season shall we?

He was one of my preseason sleepers for this year. Grabbed him in the last round. He started off great but tailed off due to injuries and just being a Lion.

Should even be better next season , he is learning the game and was 13th in points at the te postion , I think next season he gets into the top five .

I think Langford and Rawles find themselves in the top 5 RB's in 2016 and David Cobb is somewhere in the 6-12 range. The rest of the top 10 will be the regulars.

Golden Tate

Antonio Andrews

Carlos Hyde

Even 'Flash' Gordon if the Chargers can get their O-line problems fixed.

Gordon put up poor numbers, but the line was also terrible(and oft injured as well). Tough to expect big numbers from a rookie when the guys up front arent getting it done.

Of course this is one of those situations you monitor in camp.

Beware of the Wisconsin stud Rbs .

as a wolverine I watched him at OSU... and it hurts to say this, but his skill set is elite in my mind...

you throw in Chip kelly and that crazy offense and if Hyde stays healthy i expect him to finish a RB1

There was an article a few days ago on PFF showing how Hyde went against "base" defenses 83% of the time. It also showed that Murray, Mathews, and Sproles were at the other end of the spectrum, all finishing in the bottom 5 for percentage of runs against "base" defenses. Hyde will see much more nickel and dime formations in Chip's offense.

Link to article

• Like 1

Yeah in the Kelly system I think Hyde is going to be a good rb to pick up.

There was an article a few days ago on PFF showing how Hyde went against "base" defenses 83% of the time. It also showed that Murray, Mathews, and Sproles were at the other end of the spectrum, all finishing in the bottom 5 for percentage of runs against "base" defenses. Hyde will see much more nickel and dime formations in Chip's offense.

Link to article

These are the gem type articles that I love bookmarking for later in the year when I really start ranking/researching players that might be flying under the radar. To me, I think DeMarco Murray is actually one of those guys that could be a steal in both early re-draft and best-ball formats. Gracias

:headbanger:

I think Langford and Rawles find themselves in the top 5 RB's in 2016 and David Cobb is somewhere in the 6-12 range. The rest of the top 10 will be the regulars.

Langford top 5? I wouldnt put him that high. David Cobb 6-12? Man that guy is going to disappoint the hell out of some people.

Normally I'd ask such a statement be qualified, but it's off season and basically a bull shite thread. Let's just re-visit mid season shall we?

Sounds good. I remember calling him my pre draft bust.I'll see if I can dig out my draft notes on him. I should still have the last couple of years saved.