Sign in to follow this  
jerryskids

Trump: We are staying in Afghanistan

I'm short: We're in to deep not to.

I do appreciate the comment. "We're no longer in the nation building business, we're in the killing terrorist business".

• Like 1

I do appreciate the comment. "We're no longer in the nation building business, we're in the killing terrorist business".

Liked that line too.

Sure the board libs will find something to complain about though.

New pillars:

1. No more announcing timetables, troops, etc. Goal oriented

2. No nation building

3. Fock Pakistan. You are in or out, you won't like being out.

4. We're going to fund this, not do it on life support.

5. Give authority to folks in the field to kill terrorists.

I basically like this. :thumbsup:

I am not informed enough about the war in Afghanistan to have an opinion, ie i do not know the pros/cons of pulling out or staying in.

I hope it is the right decision.

He repeats himself more then Mike Fransayso

So this would be the part where someone brings up all of his past tweets talking about how stupid it is that we ran Afghanistan and how we should get the hell out and what a waste of time it is and yada and yada and f****** m************ yada.

Could somebody please f****** ask him about that? Because literally, not a single thing has changed since the times that he wrote those tweets versus now.

Oh, except for the fact that he can't just sit on the sidelines and throw spitballs anymore.

So this would be the part where someone brings up all of his past tweets talking about how stupid it is that we ran Afghanistan and how we should get the hell out and what a waste of time it is and yada and yada and f****** m************ yada.

Could somebody please f****** ask him about that? Because literally, not a single ###### thing has changed since the times that he wrote those tweets versus now.

Oh, except for the fact that he can't just sit on the sidelines and throw spitballs anymore.

Should we ask Obama about closing Gitmo on day 1, or his objection to ghey marriage before his "evolution"?

I gave Obama credit on this bored regarding Gitmo that when a person becomes president they become privy to info not available prior, and I appreciate that they can process that info and possibly change their position. Trump said essentially that in the beginning of his speech - his gut reaction was to pull out of Afghanistan, but after learning more and talking to his expert advisers, that isn't the plan.

Why is that a bad thing wiff? :dunno:

• Like 1

Yeah equating an innocuous social policy that hasn't resulted in any deaths to I don't know an endless war thats caused thousands of American deaths and rollover trillion dollars in American Fortune? Kinda apples and carburetors no?

Now everybody with an above fourth grade education knew the history of warfare in Afghanistan. None of this should be a big f****** surprise.

You know, when he doesn't mention Russia is when that word gets screamed the loudest even if you don't hear it. See, for those of you who actually study s*** and not just read Facebook, the majority of us deaths these days is occurring in Northern Afghanistan. You know who's active in Northern Afghanistan? The Russians. You know who they're active with? The Taliban.

But, as per usual, Trump wouldn't criticize Russia or even mention their complicity at gunpoint. But he did bring up India and the Diplomatic effort. Which would be f****** fantastic, if you know it weren't for the fact that we don't have a f****** ambassador to India thanks to his foot-dragging and b*******.

Also, the idea that we're not going to mention how many troops we have there? When there are 39 other countries who are part of the partnership? Yeah, I don't see that being a secret for very long. Our partners actually sort of need to know things like that.

This reminds me a lot of like when Trump said with apparently completely new knowledge that gee, who knew that Healthcare was difficult?

Oh, I don't know, anybody who's read a newspaper?

It's a Perfect Analogy in that he also claimed that he was going to fix Healthcare and it's so easy so easy. And then turned around and said it's so hard it's so hard.

Stupid fock.

So, now that he's off teleprompter what's the over-under? 8 hours before he goes off message on Twitter?

Yeah equating an innocuous social policy that hasn't resulted in any deaths to I don't know an endless war thats caused thousands of American deaths and rollover trillion dollars in American Fortune? Kinda apples and carburetors no?

Now everybody with an above fourth grade education knew the history of warfare in Afghanistan. None of this should be a big f****** surprise.

No it's not apples and carburetors, it's a good analogy, and you continue your pattern of typing a lot of words to try to obfuscate it. Also Trump's security council is generally praised but hey, an ex-accountant knows better. :thumbsup:

Should we ask Obama about closing Gitmo on day 1, or his objection to ghey marriage before his "evolution"?

I gave Obama credit on this bored regarding Gitmo that when a person becomes president they become privy to info not available prior, and I appreciate that they can process that info and possibly change their position. Trump said essentially that in the beginning of his speech - his gut reaction was to pull out of Afghanistan, but after learning more and talking to his expert advisers, that isn't the plan.

Why is that a bad thing wiff? :dunno:

I have said the EXACT same thing many times here in the past. :thumbsup:

Wonder if can find any of them with our retarded search engine

Also, listening to his address right now for the first time..

So far, great speech. I did do a :rolleyes: on a couple of lines, tho

I arrived at three fundamental conclusion about America’s core interests in Afghanistan.

Third, and finally, I concluded that the security threats we face in Afghanistan and the broader region are immense.

I just wish he would have made it more clear that he didn't come to those conclusions on his own, but through the intel and knowledge

from his advisors.

Either way, speech ended. Overall, it was a great one :thumbsup:

We already have our first entry in the "Missing Steve Bannon in the White House Chonicles":

1) Trump reneges on his promise to pull out of Afghanistan.

From my post when Trump wanted to outsource the war to BlackWater (DeVoss' brother/husband/whatever):

Now, lookee what Trump tried to slide in tonight as regards 'economic development'. Ill post it later.

Her brother is with Blackwater and her husband is with scAmway but I recommend judging her on her own merits. I like her anyway.

New pillars:

1. No more announcing timetables, troops, etc. Goal oriented

2. No nation building

3. Fock Pakistan. You are in or out, you won't like being out.

4. We're going to fund this, not do it on life support.

5. Give authority to folks in the field to kill terrorists.

I basically like this. :thumbsup:

These.

Surround, close the noose then kill. Wash rinse repeat.

I like Mattis and think he knows what he's doing. And I thought Trump read the teleprompter well.

• Like 1

What a AHole. And. I am talking about Whiff.

Her brother is with Blackwater and her husband is with scAmway but I recommend judging her on her own merits. I like her anyway.

Her own merits are she is an idiot with no clue about education who got the job because of being a huge donor.

Asfor this speech. It was ok. Good luck with the part in India and a Pakistan.

Basically he convinced his own followers that remaining on the course we have been on is the right choice.

• Like 1

Her own merits are she is an idiot with no clue about education who got the job because of being a huge donor.

Asfor this speech. It was ok. Good luck with the part in India and a Pakistan.

Basically he convinced his own followers that remaining on the course we have been on is the right choice.

Letting the military leaders run the operation is not what course we've been on.

I like Mattis and think he knows what he's doing. And I thought Trump read the teleprompter well.

You've made this point a couple other times and I agree 100%. It would go a long way to helping his public persona if he just stayed on script. :thumbsup:

He speaks so well.

Letting the military leaders run the operation is not what course we've been on.

That's a good change...but overall yes. We are staying...weare still spending billions.

He can say no nation building...but then also says full resources and nothing changes.

Similar to the fight against ISIS and other things...we are staying the course that we have already been on.

That's a good change...but overall yes. We are staying...weare still spending billions.

He can say no nation building...but then also says full resources and nothing changes.

Similar to the fight against ISIS and other things...we are staying the course that we have already been on.

Yes. Although I have no problem with any of the decisions Mattis and his crew have made regarding Afghanistan, it's amazing how they are basically sticking to Obama and his team's strategy. Things look a bit different from up here, huh Trump?

The Senate and House have abandoned him. The military leaders (strategic men) saw an opening and embraced him. A President with a military backing is 10x more powerful than one with a congressional backing. Serious miscalculation by congress. They are now passengers.

• Like 1

Hey, remember back in the day when EVERYbody on both sides was SUPER clear (after the disaster of 'nam) that before we went into war, we'd HAVE to have a clear set of tangible, measurable objectives and success criterion?

Yeah, me too.

Now, paraphrasing last night: We're not going to have any measures of success or clear goals (beyond "KILL 'em!") and only Trump will decide when he's darn good and ready, using whatever criterion - or none at all - whether or not we're successful and can end our engagement.

Hell, HR would hate it if we wrote goals and objectives like that.

Welcome to Amurica's endless war.

Yes. Although I have no problem with any of the decisions Mattis and his crew have made regarding Afghanistan, it's amazing how they are basically sticking to Obama and his team's strategy. Things look a bit different from up here, huh Trump?

Exactly. Mattis is one of the few in this administration that has a clue.

Hey, remember back in the day when EVERYbody on both sides was SUPER clear (after the disaster of 'nam) that before we went into war, we'd HAVE to have a clear set of tangible, measurable objectives and success criterion?

Yeah, me too.

Now, paraphrasing last night: We're not going to have any measures of success or clear goals (beyond "KILL 'em!") and only Trump will decide when he's darn good and ready, using whatever criterion - or none at all - whether or not we're successful and can end our engagement.

Hell, HR would hate it if we wrote goals and objectives like that.

Welcome to Amurica's endless war.

Of course it's an endless war. Islamic Terrorism isn't going to completely go away. It is

Part of the religion. We are in a war where the goal is to prevent as many attacks as possible. It's unlike any war we have ever been in, so I don't understand why it is compared to the others. You know this.

The Senate and House have abandoned him. The military leaders (strategic men) saw an opening and embraced him. A President with a military backing is 10x more powerful than one with a congressional backing. Serious miscalculation by congress. They are now passengers.

Not really...guys like Mattis are smart enough to know they can easily bail in him.

And the minute congress gets a sniff from Mueller they are way more powerful than the military...unless you think the military will still support a guy who has insulted many of them over and over in the past?

Wow. People have short memories here. The military embraced him?

Would this be the same military that came out by name, rank and branch of service at the highest levels and refuted Trump's tranny ban?

or:

The same military that did the same thing when Trump wouldn't give full-throated backing to anti-racist groups just this past weekend?

I'd say 'embraced' may not be the most accurate term. If they're embracing anyone, it's Matthis and Kelly.

Would this be the same military that came out by name, rank and branch of service at the highest levels and refuted Trump's tranny ban?

or:

The same military that did the same thing when Trump wouldn't give full-throated backing to anti-racist groups just this past weekend?

I'd say 'embraced' may not be the most accurate term. If they're embracing anyone, it's Matthis and Kelly.

Who refuted it? They just said they were waiting on the actual policy to come down.

or:

No they are talking about the actual military and not the fake news one you read about.

You know what a President surrounded and controlled by Generals is usually called? A Junta.

End of the day, nothing's changed on the battlefield or domestic front. The rest of the world at this point is like "meh" - and moves on.

At this point, if the clownshow can radically upgrade Veterans care and keep us out of any new wars, I'll give him a passing grade.

That was pretty badass, which is the goal when you're sending other people's kids to die in a pointless nation building exercise on the public dime. :thumbsup: