Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Tim Geithner is totally inept.

Lil Timmy Geithner is in danger of losing his job if Romney wins in November. Now that the word is out that Romney has paid zero taxes for 10 years it would seem that Timmy would be announcing audit after audit of Romney.

WTF is he doing? C'mon Timmy, do your job.

Slow news day huh?

Slow life, actually. Ever since the old lady left his sorry ass.

Romney has earned a few hundred million dollars over the last decade, and he has paid zero taxes.

Where are the audits?

Where is lil Timmy when Obama needs him?

Good old Harry Reid has got the Republicans all flustered again! :headbanger:

They don't know how to respond to his allegations. Hmmm maybe Romney can just release his tax returns and show he paid taxes during those 10 years. Anytime Obama didn't release something he was always accused of HIDING something. It's funny how the repulitards on this bored aren't saying that Romney is hiding anything. Where are the Bud-Brusty twins with a conspiracy theory on what Romney is hiding? :lol: Maybe he has a child from his Dominican maid who shows up on his return during those ten years? C'mon Bud-Brusty, put your tinfoil hats back on and give us a conspiracy theory, you guys are much better than me at making them up.

Lil Timmy Geithner is in danger of losing his job if Romney wins in November. Now that the word is out that Romney has paid zero taxes for 10 years it would seem that Timmy would be announcing audit after audit of Romney.

WTF is he doing? C'mon Timmy, do your job.

Hi RP :wave:

They don't know how to respond to his allegations. Hmmm maybe Romney can just release his tax returns and show he paid taxes during those 10 years. Anytime Obama didn't release something he was always accused of HIDING something. It's funny how the repulitards on this bored aren't saying that Romney is hiding anything. Where are the Bud-Brusty twins with a conspiracy theory on what Romney is hiding? :lol: Maybe he has a child from his Dominican maid who shows up on his return during those ten years? C'mon Bud-Brusty, put your tinfoil hats back on and give us a conspiracy theory, you guys are much better than me at making them up.

Could it be due to the fact that Romney hascalready released his 2010 return, and has announced his estimated taxes for 2011, and they total aboout $8 Million in taxes for those two years?

How do those FACTS go along with Uncle Harry's claim he hasn't paid taxes for ten years? Oops!

Why hasn't Timmy audited Romney? No answer?

don't worry, he will release fake ones 2 years into his term to calm you wacko tax-errrs down.

:thumbsup:

the relevance of the 10 years is the question of whether he was ceo of bain (bane?) while also at the olympics. they already know he filed returns, they just want the details. nobody provides 10 years. he also ran for president prior, so he has already been through this process. also, he was a governor of a state, so he probably knows more about this than does harry reid. it's a ploy to uncover details and reid is lying.

Should the treasury secretary really be deciding who to audit on an individual basis? :huh: Seems like he has other things to do.

That said, this claim by Reid is :thumbsdown:

they already know he filed returns, they just want the details. nobody provides 10 years.

Romney's own father released 12 years of returns when he ran for president.

Romney's own father released 12 years of returns when he ran for president.

Face it, Reid has stepped in it. He is getting pummeled from all angles. Hell, even the Carney barker is backing away from Uncle Harry.

It's gonna be fun to mock his idiocy on this one. But hey, you keep defending him, Sport.

Could it be due to the fact that Romney hascalready released his 2010 return, and has announced his estimated taxes for 2011, and they total aboout $8 Million in taxes for those two years?

How do those FACTS go along with Uncle Harry's claim he hasn't paid taxes for ten years? Oops!

Learn how to read Billy bob. He said he went 10 years without paying. He didn't say the last 10 years. Did you ever learn reading comprehension in that backwards state you live in?

Should the treasury secretary really be deciding who to audit on an individual basis? :huh: Seems like he has other things to do.

That said, this claim by Reid is :thumbsdown:

He heads up the IRS. You don't think he would get involved if there was any truth to Reid's accusation?

Face it, Reid has stepped in it. He is getting pummeled from all angles. Hell, even the Carney barker is backing away from Uncle Harry.

It's gonna be fun to mock his idiocy on this one. But hey, you keep defending him, Sport.

I never said Reid was correct. I'm just laughing at the republitards all in a tizzy about his allegations. Payback for the swift boat idiots. The politics that the republicans introduced to the country under mr rove are all about perception and not the truth. Both sides now play the dumb game.

And reid knows exactly what he's doing. He'll take any heat and it doesn't really matter.

Learn how to read Billy bob. He said he went 10 years without paying. He didn't say the last 10 years. Did you ever learn reading comprehension in that backwards state you live in?

Spin it however you want, Corky.

You and that Wasserman Putz guy are the only people buying Harry"s lies.

I never said Reid was correct. I'm just laughing at the republitards all in a tizzy about his allegations. Payback for the swift boat idiots. The politics that the republicans introduced to the country under mr rove are all about perception and not the truth. Both sides now play the dumb game.

That's what's sad about the state of this country. Everyone should be all over Reid on this, and some Dems are, but idiots like you just use the "they did it too" bullsh*t to justify his actions. If we're ever going to get this country moving in the right direction again it's going to require people to quit being partisan hacks and actually focus on what's best for the country.

Link to where I said I believed Reid.

Don't forget Pelosi.

Wow!

You are getting desperate.

The Swift Boat info came from guys who served with Kerry. They were there. And you are trying to spin that as the same thing as the Senate Majority Leader making false claims on the Senate floor?

Funny stuff. :overhead:

That's what's sad about the state of this country. Everyone should be all over Reid on this, and some Dems are, but idiots like you just use the "they did it too" bullsh*t to justify his actions. If we're ever going to get this country moving in the right direction again it's going to require people to quit being partisan hacks and actually focus on what's best for the country.

I'm sure you attacked the swiftboat ads in 2004.

I really don't recall but I certainly didn't try to defend them.

I never said Reid was correct. I'm just laughing at the republitards all in a tizzy about his allegations.

You kidding? Every time Harry opens his mouth it is an utter embarrassment to the left. You guys better turn him on the same shut-up juice that you forced on Biden. Keep it up Harry.

The swiftboats were stupid, but it wasn't what did Kerry in, it was the stupid "reporting for duty!"

The swiftboats were stupid, but it wasn't what did Kerry in, it was the stupid "reporting for duty!"

Im gonna say it was "I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it".

Inept? Perhaps, I would not simply rule that out.

Corrupt? Absolutely. He is an abomination, and under the control of the banking cartel.

Lil Timmy Geithner is in danger of losing his job if Romney wins in November.

everyone in Obummer's cabinet will lose their jobs if Romtard wins (in January 2013). HTH

everyone in Obummer's cabinet will lose their jobs if Romtard wins (in January 2013). HTH

Thanks for the newsflash, Putz.

You are the master of stating the painfully obvious and thinking you made a contribution. Geithner is the one who runs the IRS. Ya know, the guys who would be swarming on Romney if he had refused to pay taxes for ten years.

You are the master of stating the painfully obvious and thinking you made a contribution.

but you're the one who stated the obvious. :dunno:

Med?

Which is it?

Neither. I am not defending his actions and I did not say he was telling the truth. Why don't you just read what I write instead of trying to make up things. I was laughing at the republitards and simply stating that reid knows exactly what he is doing. He is taking a page out of Karl rove's book to put the republitards on the defensive. I am laughing at you! you are in a tizzy about reid. Reid wants to take the heat. Reid wants the people looking at romney and himself. He is not running for president. He is making this about Romney and the republitards don't know what to do. You know those fishing trips on here you are so fond of? well Reid is taking the whole GOP on a fishing trip and his bait is Romney's tax returns.

Republican sources say they're in a Catch-22 situation on how to reply to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid's claims that GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney went 10 years without paying taxes.

They understand that they're taking Reid's bait and that responding to his unsubstantiated claims against Romney keeps alive the issue of Romney's refusing to release his tax returns.

Still, these GOP sources say they feel that if they do not respond to such a serious charge from such a high-ranking Democrat, it will look like a tacit admission Reid is right.

Republicans stepped up attempts to undermine Reid's unsubstantiated allegations Monday, saying Reid and other Democrats' accusations are being orchestrated by President Barack Obama's campaign -- specifically his senior campaign adviser, David Axelrod.

To that end, Republican National Committee spokesman Sean Spicer noted that Axelrod visited Senate Democrats for their weekly lunch last Tuesday. Later that afternoon, a Huffington Post story was published with Reid's allegations about the presumptive GOP nominee not paying any taxes.

"You've got to wonder if the so-called source is Axelrod himself," Spicer said. "Hours after meeting with Axelrod, Reid comes out and makes baseless accusations?"

Axelrod flatly denied that allegation, calling it "completely false" and saying he "never had any such discussion."

var currExpandable="expand19";if(typeof CNN.expandableMap==='object'){CNN.expandableMap.push(currExpandable);}var mObj={};mObj.type='video';mObj.contentId='';mObj.source='politics/2012/08/06/bts-obama-romney-hood.pool';mObj.lgImage="http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120807012533-bts-obama-romney-hood-00004711-story-body.jpg";mObj.lgImageX=300;mObj.lgImageY=169;mObj.origImageX="214";mObj.origImageY="120";mObj.contentType='video';CNN.expElements.expand19Store=mObj;

<A class=cnnvideo_clicklink title="Click to watch this video" href="http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/07/politics/reid-romney-taxes/index.html?hpt=hp_t1#"> "Instead of pointing fingers in every direction, they can put the whole matter to rest by simply observing the standard George Romney and a generation of candidates have set by releasing the returns," Axelrod said.In a separate article posted Monday, the Huffington Post reported that it interviewed Reid days before Axelrod's visit, making any influence from the top Obama official's Capitol Hill visit impossible.

By trying to tie Reid's remarks to the Obama campaign, Republicans are trying to hit Democrats where it could hurt most: the president's credibility.

That comes after the GOP response to Reid got increasingly hostile and personal over the weekend.

"I'm not going to respond to a dirty liar who hasn't filed a single page of tax returns himself (and) complains about people with money but lives in the Ritz-Carlton here down the street," Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus said on ABC News. "And the fact that we're going to spend any time talking about it is ridiculous."

Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina also used the "L" word to describe Reid's statements, which were repeated on the Senate floor later in the week, saying the majority leader is "making things up."

"What he did on the floor of the Senate is so out of bounds. I think he's lying about his statement, of knowing something about Romney," Graham said Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union."

Big GOP convention roles revealed

As for Reid, he tried to turn the focus right back to where he wants it.

"This whole issue is not about me," Reid said in his home state of Nevada on Monday. "Mitt Romney's the first presidential candidate since his dad ran not to release his income tax returns. He's released one income tax return, and that points toward the Bahamas, Switzerland and a few other foreign countries. This whole controversy will end very quickly if he releases his income tax returns, like everybody else has done."

Romney has released his tax return from 2010 and an estimate from 2011. He has vowed to release his full 2011 return once it's completed, but he will not release past years', as previous presidential candidates have done.

Meanwhile, Reid chief of staff David Krone insisted Monday, again, that he knows who Reid's source is -- and that the source is credible.

"I know who this person is, and if I thought this person was not credible, I would say something to Sen. Reid. I would try to shut it down. This person is credible," Krone said.

"This person has asked Reid to protect the confidentiality of this person, but it's real," he continued. "This person told him this. This person said it to Sen. Reid."

Multiple Democratic sources insist that Reid made the allegations against Romney on his own but also admit the Obama campaign is not telling him to back off.

Sources close to Reid say he knew full well he would be challenged by Republicans and the media for accusing Romney of not paying taxes for 10 years but not offering any proof.

But these sources say Reid didn't care -- in fact, he was eager to do it.

Growing up impoverished in a trailer with no running water in Searchlight, Nevada, Reid literally fought his way out as a boxer. As a politician, he has never been afraid to punch below the belt, especially when he dislikes someone personally, and by all accounts Reid has a strong personal disregard for Romney.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/07/politics/reid-romney-taxes/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Neither. I am not defending his actions and I did not say he was telling the truth. Why don't you just read what I write instead of trying to make up things. I was laughing at the republitards and simply stating that reid knows exactly what he is doing. He is taking a page out of Karl rove's book to put the republitards on the defensive. I am laughing at you! you are in a tizzy about reid. Reid wants to take the heat. Reid wants the people looking at romney and himself. He is not running for president. He is making this about Romney and the republitards don't know what to do. You know those fishing trips on here you are so fond of? well Reid is taking the whole GOP on a fishing trip and his bait is Romney's tax returns.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

So to sum up, Reid is making RP look stupid....again.

Haha!

You say "I'm not defending Reid's actions" then go on a long diatribe of spin defending his actions.

Hasn't been a good showing for you in this thread.

I am not defending his actions

Right. Then what did you mean when you posted:

Payback for the swift boat idiots. The politics that the republicans introduced to the country under mr rove are all about perception and not the truth. Both sides now play the dumb game.

And reid knows exactly what he's doing. He'll take any heat and it doesn't really matter.

Sure sounds like a defense of his actions to me.