Sign in to follow this  
SexyRexy

Melvin

The least talked about injury in history.

Im hearing mcl sprain w. 2-4 week timeline.

I clinched a playoff spot this week so have a week to burn. Am I being overly optimistic hes back week 14?

Thankfully i nabbed josh Adams so I have flexibility but Melvin is Melvin.

Probably optimistic for week 14, but it really depends on response to treatment and chargers playoff position I guess week 15 at the earliest

Probably optimistic for week 14, but it really depends on response to treatment and chargers playoff position I guess week 15 at the earliest

Agreed with this. I'm banking on not having him until week 15.

• Like 1

I don’t think they will rush him and I’m pretty sure they don’t want him limited for the playoffs.

It really depends on their playoff forecast. If the week 15/16 games are not critical for playoffs he may not play or play some, but if the games don’t mean much don’t you think they would want him well rested and fully healed for the playoffs?

Agreed with this. I'm banking on not having him until week 15.

This is wise thinking.

You never know when it comes to RBs and knee injuries,

He could be back in 2 weeks and play just fine, or it could nag on for the rest of the season

Joe Mixon has his knee operated on and was back in two weeks ready to go, so maybe there's hope here

With Ekeler has his back up I wouldn’t rush him back.

He might just miss the rest of the regular season.

If they do not need the KC game 3 weeks from now, I do not think he is active again in a fantasy season this year.

He shouldn't have played yesterday, period.

Home verse the Cardinals, come on man!

The second half was pointless. At that point the game was in hand, he had put in a solid day...why leave him in?

• Like 1

This is wise thinking.

Week 15 is a short week Thursday Night Game. I doubt he'll be ready to go by then.

16 is best shot and even then, he'll likely be rested until he's 100 percent for Chargers playoff run.

Week 15 is a short week Thursday Night Game. I doubt he'll be ready to go by then.

16 is best shot and even then, he'll likely be rested until he's 100 percent for Chargers playoff run.

Their playoff run is now. They are fighting for a wild card spot. I doubt that's locked up so if he's available, they'll play him.

Dude was absolutely powering one of my teams. I also clinched 1st round bye and am hopeful that he's back in 2 weeks, but not optimistic. We have very shallow benches and I couldn't carry Ekeler very long before dropping him and now he's on someone else's roster. At least that team won't make the playoffs so I don't have to watch my star's backup beat the stuffing out of me. :wall:

Their playoff run is now. They are fighting for a wild card spot. I doubt that's locked up so if he's available, they'll play him.

Of course they will play him if he's available....available meaning healthy. And week 15 is 2 and a half weeks from now.

So doubtful he's healthy enough to play.

They aren't going to roll him back out there unless he's 100 percent ready to go.

I hope you cuffed him with Ekeler.

something tells me he tries to give it a go vs KC. big game.

You may be right, although after his "insistence" to play in a meaningless game (particularly the 2nd half when they were up big) might just bring about an "insistence" by Chargers brass that he fully heal before he reenters another game....esp if they can beat the Steelers this week, which would put them ahead of the Pittsburg in the AFC playoff race.

The Ravens game in week 16 is a very important one. Chargers currently have a 2-game lead over Baltimore (and Indy) in the AFC, and the Ravens have the 6th seed Wildcard spot (Chargers 5th seed at 8-3 and Steelers 4th seed at 7-3-1).

You may be right, although after his "insistence" to play in a meaningless game (particularly the 2nd half when they were up big) might just bring about an "insistence" by Chargers brass that he fully heal before he reenters another game....esp if they can beat the Steelers this week, which would put them ahead of the Pittsburg in the AFC playoff race.

The Ravens game in week 16 is a very important one. Chargers currently have a 2-game lead over Baltimore (and Indy) in the AFC, and the Ravens have the 6th seed Wildcard spot (Chargers 5th seed at 8-3 and Steelers 4th seed at 7-3-1).

yeah but "if" they beat the steelers, and thats a big if on the road, they get a layup vs cincy, so at worst they are a game back of KC with a chance to tie them with a win at arrowhead for the division. and its not impossible to say the chiefs could stumble vs baltimore and perhaps they go into that game already tied. a lot hinges on what the chargers do vs pitt. was just so dumb to keep playing starters in that 2nd half last week.