Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Circumcision: yes or no?

47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you get your son circumcised?

My son is uncircumcised. I fail to see the point (double entendre intended).

But you're in China. The fact that his cack is more than 2 inches long will get him laid. He doesn't have to worry about the sausage casing.

Going with your gut may be right or may be wrong. Why not go with facts instead? My link

Male Circumcision and Risk for HIV Transmission

Several types of research have documented that male circumcision significantly reduces the risk of HIV acquisition by men during penile-vaginal sex.

Biologic Plausibility

Compared with the dry external skin surface, the inner mucosa of the foreskin has less keratinization (deposition of fibrous protein), a higher density of target cells for HIV infection (Langerhans cells), and is more susceptible to HIV infection than other penile tissue in laboratory studies [2]. The foreskin may also have greater susceptibility to traumatic epithelial disruptions (tears) during intercourse, providing a portal of entry for pathogens, including HIV [3]. In addition, the microenvironment in the preputial sac between the unretracted foreskin and the glans ###### may be conducive to viral survival [1]. Finally, the higher rates of sexually transmitted genital ulcerative disease, such as syphilis, observed in uncircumcised men may also increase susceptibility to HIV infection [4].

International Observational Studies

A systematic review and meta-analysis that focused on male circumcision and heterosexual transmission of HIV in Africa was published in 2000 [5]. It included 19 cross-sectional studies, 5 case-control studies, 3 cohort studies, and 1 partner study. A substantial protective effect of male circumcision on risk for HIV infection was noted, along with a reduced risk for genital ulcer disease. After adjustment for confounding factors in the population-based studies, the relative risk for HIV infection was 44% lower in circumcised men. The strongest association was seen in men at high risk, such as patients at sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinics, for whom the adjusted relative risk was 71% lower for circumcised men.

Another review that included stringent assessment of 10 potential confounding factors and was stratified by study type or study population was published in 2003 [6]. Most of the studies were from Africa. Of the 35 observational studies in the review, the 16 in the general population had inconsistent results. The one large prospective cohort study in this group showed a significant protective effect: the odds of infection were 42% lower for circumcised men [7]. The remaining 19 studies were conducted in populations at high risk. These studies found a consistent, substantial protective effect, which increased with adjustment for confounding. Four of these were cohort studies: all demonstrated a protective effect, with two being statistically significant.

Ecologic studies also indicate a strong association between lack of male circumcision and HIV infection at the population level. Although links between circumcision, culture, religion, and risk behavior may account for some of the differences in HIV infection prevalence, the countries in Africa and Asia with prevalence of male circumcision of less than 20% have HIV infection prevalences several times higher than those in countries in these regions where more than 80% of men are circumcised [8].

International Clinical Trials

Three randomized controlled clinical trials were conducted in Africa to determine whether circumcision of adult males will reduce their risk for HIV infection. The study conducted in South Africa [9] was stopped in 2005, and those in Kenya [10] and Uganda [11] were stopped in 2006 after interim analyses found a statistically significant reduction in male participants’ risk for HIV infection from medical circumcision.

In these studies, men who had been randomly assigned to the circumcision group had a 60% (South Africa), 53% (Kenya), and 51% (Uganda) lower incidence of HIV infection compared with men assigned to the wait-list group to be circumcised at the end of the study. In all three studies, a few men who had been assigned to be circumcised did not undergo the procedure, and vice versa. When the data were reanalyzed to account for these occurrences, men who had been circumcised had a 76% (South Africa), 60% (Kenya), and 55% (Uganda) reduction in risk for HIV infection compared with those who were not circumcised. The Uganda study investigators are also examining the following in an ongoing study: 1) safety and acceptability of male circumcision in HIV-infected men and men of unknown HIV infection status, 2) safety and acceptability of male circumcision in the men’s female sex partners, and 3) effect of male circumcision on male-to-female transmission of HIV and other STDs.

There's more in the link.

Going with your gut may be right or may be wrong. Why not go with facts instead? My link

There's more in the link.

While your links are greta and all.... I think if MDC's son is banging a bunch of chicks with AIDS, he's got bigger problems than a foreskin. Jus' sayin'.

While your links are greta and all.... I think if MDC's son is banging a bunch of chicks with AIDS, he's got bigger problems than a foreskin. Jus' sayin'.

With all due respect Nikki, anyone who has had sex can contract HIV. Heterosexual women are one of the faster growing groups of HIV infected, and 1/2 have no identifiable "classic" risk factors.

With all due respect Nikki, anyone who has had sex can contract HIV. Heterosexual women are one of the faster growing groups of HIV infected, and 1/2 have no identifiable "classic" risk factors.

OK. I get it. It is possible to get AIDS if you bang someone with AIDS. But considering only .2% of the women in the US have HIV, I'm not sure why this would factor into MDC's decision on whether or not to get his son circumcised. It's just medical nonsense thrown out there to make this unnecessary procedure seem more necessary.

You are debating AIDS with herpes girl? :huh:

As the father of a 15 year old boy, i can honestly say i wish i had had that little f*cker castrated at birth, not just circumcised.

:doublethumbsup: :cheers:

Damn straight...it's not like we live in europe or sumthin.

Them focking commie liberal bastards need to pay for lettin their sons dongers look like that :mad:

Also, Fock you Kutulu for trying to invent a new meme here. It seems to be catching :wall:

I have changed positions and now am against this. Typical liberal flip flopping at it's finest and worst. :thumbsdown:

I'm getting junior circumcised. I realize there's almost no actual medical reason for it but 1) I don't want him to get any grief or look different than other boys and 2) I don't know anything about uncut hygiene and frankly don't want to learn.

If I name him Pierre though it's uncut all the way. :doublethumbsup:

There really is no point to cutting your fingernails as a guy either. Well except you can get crusty nastiness stuck up under them and you look like a wierdo with two inch long fingernails. But other than that, there really is no medical reason to do so.

There really is no point to cutting your fingernails as a guy either. Well except you can get crusty nastiness stuck up under them and you look like a wierdo with two inch long fingernails. But other than that, there really is no medical reason to do so.

:doublethumbsup:

I think I get why nikki is so against circumcision. When your hallway is as big as her's, every little bit counts. :overhead:

OK. I get it. It is possible to get AIDS if you bang someone with AIDS. But considering only .2% of the women in the US have HIV, I'm not sure why this would factor into MDC's decision on whether or not to get his son circumcised. It's just medical nonsense thrown out there to make this unnecessary procedure seem more necessary.

OK, you think he might run into one of these skanks instead? My link
Circumcision cuts risk of herpes, HPV

Circumcision is often touted for its potential health benefits: reduced risk of urinary tract infections for baby boys, and lower rates of HIV in teens and men. Now a new study shows that it may also cut a man's chances of contracting two more common, incurable sexually transmitted diseases.

Two randomized, controlled trials in Uganda involving 5,534 men found that those who underwent circumcision as adults were 25 percent less likely to become infected with herpes and more than 30 percent less likely to catch human papillomavirus (HPV) than their uncircumcised peers. (Eight percent of circumcised men and 10 percent of uncircumcised men in the study caught herpes; 18 percent of circumcised men and 28 percent of uncircumcised men contracted HPV.) The research published today in the New England Journal of Medicine didn't, however, find that getting circumcised reduced the risk of contracting syphilis. :( Previous research has shown that circumcision reduces a man's risk of acquiring HIV by as much as 60 percent.

"The data are very clear that not only does circumcision help prevent HIV, but also has a significant, positive impact on prevention of herpes and HPV," says Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease (NIAID), which helped fund the research. He added that reducing men's risk of herpes and HPV would likely cut rates of the infections in women.

Circumcision, the removal of a male's foreskin, may lower the risk a man will catch the infections, Fauci tells ScientificAmerican.com, because its moist environment provides the "perfect breeding ground for viruses and bacteria." It can tear and develop sores easily, and if it becomes inflamed, he said, "it gives you much more fertile ground for HIV to be transmitted."

Judith Wasserheit, vice chair and professor of global health at the University of Washington in Seattle who co-wrote an editorial accompanying the study, called the findings a "game-changer" that should make frank discussions with parents about the health benefits of circumcision part of routine medical practice. Rates of newborn circumcision in the U.S. have declined over the past three decades: about 56 percent of baby boys were circumcised in 2006, down from about 65 percent in 1979, according to the 2006 National Hospital Discharge Survey.

There are 50 percent fewer newborn circumcisions in hospitals in the 16 states where Medicaid doesn't cover the procedure than there are in the covered states, research published in November in the American Journal of Public Health shows. Despite growing evidence of its benefits, the American Academy of Pediatrics doesn’t endorse routine infant circumcision, though it's currently reviewing its position. As a result, Wasserheit tells ScientificAmerican.com, "depending on which pediatrician or OB or midwife, either nothing may be mentioned unless the parent asks or the option of circumcision is not presented in terms of potential benefits in protecting the son from these three common, currently incurable sexually transmitted infections."

About 17 percent of people in the U.S. are infected with herpes, at least half will experience HPV at some point and an estimated 3,800 U.S. women died last year of cervical cancer, which is linked to HPV.

"The major message here is that this is really terrific news that ought to shift the way we think about the potential role of male circumcision," Wasserheit says, "from prevention of HIV to this being a great opportunity to protect boys and men from these three currently incurable, viral STIs that are so common."

Isn't there a vaccine for HPV now? I wonder if it works on males? :dunno:

Isn't there a vaccine for HPV now? I wonder if it works on males? :dunno:

My link
Boys and young men who receive the human papillomavirus vaccine appear to be at reduced risk of contracting the virus and developing the genital warts associated with the common sexually transmitted disease, according to a large international study published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine.

Gardasil is given in a series of three injections. In the study, which included more than 4,000 sexually active males between the ages of 16 and 26, roughly 0.5 percent of the boys and men who received all three shots developed genital warts during the subsequent 2 to 3 years. By contrast, about 2.8 percent of the study participants who received a placebo vaccine developed warts.

HPV can cause certain cancers of the anus and ###### in men, although those diseases are far less common than cervical cancer in women.

Earlier this week, for the first time, theAmerican Academy of Pediatrics included the HPV vaccine on its list of recommended vaccines for boys.

No vaccine for herpes, however. I'm sure some will avoid vaccination as the diseases prevented are so rare :rolleyes:

No. I wouldn't. More and more parents are not circumcizing so it's not a weird thing or anything they should be made fun of for. There really isn't a whole lotta value in it and it does have a negative impact on their eventual sexual enjoyment.

Since STIs don't influence you, you may find this interesting (random highlights below, though overall the effect is inconclusive): My link
The sexual effects of circumcision are the subject of some debate. Studies have been conducted to investigate whether circumcision has any effect on sexual drive, erectile function, premature and delayed ejaculation, sexual satisfaction, sexual sensation and penile sensitivity. Studies have also assessed whether circumcision affects masturbation or other sexual practices, and whether a heterosexual woman's experience of sex is affected by her partner's circumcision status.

In 2009, Schober et al reported on self-assessed sexual sensitivity in 81 men, 11 of whom were uncircumcised. When assessing areas producing sexual pleasure, the foreskin was ranked 7th, after the glans, lower and upper shaft, and the left and right sides of the ######, but above the area between scrotum and anus, the scrotum itself, and the anus.

They found that the circumcised men in the study took on average 6.7 minutes to ejaculate, compared with 6.0 minutes for the uncircumcised men.

In a study by Korean researchers of 255 men circumcised after the age of 20 and 18 who were not circumcised, Kim and Pang reported that masturbatory pleasure decreased in 48% of the respondents and increased in 8%. Masturbatory difficulty increased in 63% but was easier in 37%. They concluded that there was a decrease in masturbatory pleasure after circumcision.

Laumann et al. reported that circumcised men in their survey displayed a greater rates of experience of various sexual practices, including oral sex, anal sex, and masturbation.

O'Hara and O'Hara found that women with intact partners reported higher likeliness of orgasms and a reduction in vaginal dryness. They conclude "women preferred vaginal intercourse with an anatomically complete ###### over that with a circumcised ######" and argue that foreskin is a natural gliding stimulator of the vaginal walls during intercourse, increasing a woman's overall clitoral stimulation and helping her achieve orgasm more quickly and more often.[37] A study by psychologists Bensley & Boyle (2003) reported that vaginal dryness can be a problem when the male partner is circumcised.

Williamson et al. (1988) studied randomly selected young mothers in Iowa, where most men are circumcised, and found that 76% would prefer a circumcised ###### for achieving sexual arousal through viewing it.

Jews

Leave Swirve out of this.

Itsatip that smegma

Smegma (Greek smēgma, "soap"[1]) is a combination of exfoliated (shed) epithelial cells, transudated skin oils, and moisture. In males, smegma is produced and can collect under the foreskin

:cry:

im curious what they do with all those little foreskins.

do they send them to the pope for his dinner?

Ghey chewing gum. You can't blow bubbles but your breath always smells like cack.

Ghey chewing gum. You can't blow bubbles but your breath always smells like cack.

I heard they were going to call it Diclets.

My link

Grown man sues hospital for circumcising him as infant

It took 28 years for Dean Cochrun to realize that he'd been circumcised, and now he's decided that he'd like his foreskin back. Cochrun has filed a lawsuit against South Dakota's Sanford Hospital, claiming that "an unknown doctor" convinced his mother that it was medically necessary to snip his newborn naughty bits. "I was robbed of sensitivity during sexual intercourse as well as the sense of security and well-being I am entitled to," he wrote. Cochrun is asking for $1,000 in damages and for his foreskin to be replaced. He's also currently in prison on a kidnapping conviction. We dare you not to wonder if that's where he made his decades-late anatomical discovery.

Just shoot this dumbfuck. :wall: