Sign in to follow this  
giraldi02

2017 Off-Season Dynasty Trades

Wow now that's a great trade for Sanders.

Agreed. Sanders side by alot.

Traded the 1.07 for Golden Tate

Seems even to me. I keep seeing alot of people really high on Tate this year in PPR leagues.

This one went down the other day.

Jordy Nelson for Jay Ajayi

This one went down the other day.

Jordy Nelson for Jay Ajayi

Nice. I like it.

It seems pretty even. I would prefer Sanders probably.

Maybe. I'm thinking that I'd rather have Jones. He's 3 years younger, has a better QB, and another year in the system. Last year, Sanders had 24 more receptions for only 100 yards, and 1 TD more than Jones. I think the extra year, plus the better QB, Jones' ceiling is higher than Sanders. I think Sanders' name carries more weight, so if I were trying to trade him for Jones, I would have tried to get more. But in the end, I think Jones will be the better player.

Seems even to me. I keep seeing alot of people really high on Tate this year in PPR leagues.

He's a model of consistency in PPR since he went to Detroit. 90+ catches and approx. 1,000 yards are pretty much a lock.

I gave 1.03

I got Gurley.

He only had one year left on his contract. 12 team ppr

I'd rather have the draft pick.

I'd rather have the draft pick.

A lot of people would. I think it's a pretty even deal. I am taking a chance on Gurleys talent eventually being used to its potential.

Kat Fancy proposed a trade with The Mighty Sweatermeats :

Kat Fancy will give

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.08

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.04

Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.10

Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.01

Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.08

To The Mighty Sweatermeats for

Gurley, Todd LAR RB

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.03

A lot of people would. I think it's a pretty even deal. I am taking a chance on Gurleys talent eventually being used to its potential.

Yeah, if you believe in him, that's a great deal... I don't.

Kat Fancy proposed a trade with The Mighty Sweatermeats :

Kat Fancy will give

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.08

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.10

Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.04

Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.10

Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.01

Year 2017 Draft Pick 3.08

To The Mighty Sweatermeats for

Gurley, Todd LAR RB

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.03

Sweatermeats killed it in this trade.

If they needed to rebuild maybe (gotta hit on those picks). If that's a contending team no way would I trade Gurley and 1.03.

If they needed to rebuild maybe (gotta hit on those picks). If that's a contending team no way would I trade Gurley and 1.03.

you gotta admit, it looks like he got a kings ransom. But we also dont have all the facts.

if it's a keeper league where you keep only 2 or 3 it looks ok. but if they keep 5 or more, the deal doesnt look nearly as good.

it's also a situation where we do not know the keeper rules. If you can keep indefinitely, then Gurley is worth more. if you can only keep a player for 2-3 years, then Gurley is worth a lot less. (as I think it will take at least 2 years for the Rams to fix that leaky line) Yes, they signed one or two free agents who should solidify the line, but the age of those guys makes me think they will need to replace them in another two to three years.

This team needs to draft guards and Tackles on the O line. There is no question about it. and Gurley could certainly use some blocking for once.

Not knowing the full context of the league, I can only speculate that having Gurley is a part of the reason he has pick 1.03. While I think Gurley isn't a very good RB, fantasy-wise he was an RB2. My guess is that his team isn't a contender. That said, with a deep draft like this one is, the person trading Gurley is giving up a RB2/3 and a possible RB1/2 for 3 or 4 startable players. Me personally, I'd have just rather traded Gurley and gotten 2 or 3 picks and still keep pick 1.03.

you gotta admit, it looks like he got a kings ransom. But we also dont have all the facts.

if it's a keeper league where you keep only 2 or 3 it looks ok. but if they keep 5 or more, the deal doesnt look nearly as good.

it's also a situation where we do not know the keeper rules. If you can keep indefinitely, then Gurley is worth more. if you can only keep a player for 2-3 years, then Gurley is worth a lot less. (as I think it will take at least 2 years for the Rams to fix that leaky line) Yes, they signed one or two free agents who should solidify the line, but the age of those guys makes me think they will need to replace them in another two to three years.

This team needs to draft guards and Tackles on the O line. There is no question about it. and Gurley could certainly use some blocking for once.

Since this is an Off-Season Dynasty thread, I'm guessing they can keep everyone. If that's the case, the waiver wire is generally thin and it's easier to find talent in the rookie draft that will elevate your team as compared to free agency. Getting a possible 4 starters for an RB2/3 and a top 3 pick is an easy decision for me. That said, as I just said in my prior response, I would have been happier just keeping pick 1.03 and getting just 2 or 3 picks for Gurley.

Was offered this:

He gives: Palmer and pick 3.02

For

I give: Dalton and pick 4.05

My other qbs are Matty Ice and Dak. Mainly want to get the 3.02 pick. I have no interest in Palmer since he has maybe 1 year left. Could even drop him after the trade to free up some space. I tried countering to get a 2018 pick but he won't budge. I have no 3rd rd pick (traded it away last season) and have an extra 4th rd pick.

Is Dalton worth more than this? Is this a decent trade?

Was offered this:

For

My other qbs are Matty Ice and Dak. Mainly want to get the 3.02 pick. I have no interest in Palmer since he has maybe 1 year left. Could even drop him after the trade to free up some space. I tried countering to get a 2018 pick but he won't budge. I have no 3rd rd pick (traded it away last season) and have an extra 4th rd pick.

I don't think he is worth much more. Seems like a decent offer. It's not like you need him. Unless it's heavy qb scoring or a 2 qb league

I don't think he is worth much more. Seems like a decent offer. It's not like you need him. Unless it's heavy qb scoring or a 2 qb league

Only start 1 QB. Plus it's only 4 points per TD.

And we keep entire roster year to year. Draft rookies and whoever is on the waiver.

Only start 1 QB. Plus it's only 4 points per TD.

And we keep entire roster year to year. Draft rookies and whoever is on the waiver.

Yeah he doesn't carry much value. Any time you can trade an average qb for anything in return when you don't need him his a bonus

Was offered this:

For

Try sending Dalton straight up for the 3.02 and see if he bites. You don't need a 3rd QB on your roster and you might be able to get a competent bench stash at that draft spot.

Hell, depending on who is out there, you might even be able to turn the 3.02 into an '18 2nd

Try sending Dalton straight up for the 3.02 and see if he bites. You don't need a 3rd QB on your roster and you might be able to get a competent bench stash at that draft spot.

Hell, depending on who is out there, you might even be able to turn the 3.02 into an '18 2nd

great post

Here's one for you all:

Tom Brady

FOR

(drumroll please)

Next year's first- second-, third- and fourth-round picks.

:doh:

The same guy couldn't offer me that for Gronk, yet he willingly gives it up for a 40-year-old QB? I known Gronk has his issues, but Brady's new owner needs more than a QB upgrade to win a title. I'm also pretty sure the same guy hasn't made a rookie draft pick in three years b/c he keeps trading away his entire draft.

Here's one for you all:

Tom Brady

FOR

(drumroll please)

Next year's first- second-, third- and fourth-round picks.

:doh:

The same guy couldn't offer me that for Gronk, yet he willingly gives it up for a 40-year-old QB? I known Gronk has his issues, but Brady's new owner needs more than a QB upgrade to win a title. I'm also pretty sure the same guy hasn't made a rookie draft pick in three years b/c he keeps trading away his entire draft.

Woooow. I have Brady in one league. I may have to offer that up to a few people to see if they bite. I can even send Garoppolo along with him!

I traded a 2nd round pick for him during the original rounds of suspension talk two years ago. It has been a nice payoff since :)

Yeah, wow. I mean, not even sure what to say?

Not sure what the rest of the team looks like, but oh my.

I would at least like Frozens offer better. Get Brady AND Garoppolo. Maybe late picks also?

My 1 and 2 next year for Brady/Garoppolo, and a third and fourth.

At leat this way, I would think I got Qb all set, and I could swing for the fences with my own 3&4, and then his 3&4.

Even that doesn't interest me all that much, but at least it would be a plan.

Everything for just Brady. DAMN, terrible.

Question for you guys. I got an offer (I know, wrong damn forum (but this time of year))?

Dynasty 12 team ppr. Start 2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX.

I would get Kenneth Dixon and 3.8

I would give Theo Riddick and DeAndre Washington.

None of these backs factor into my starting lineup, with what I give or recieve. It would just be a bench trade for me if I did it.

Seems pretty even to me, that's why I ask.

Question for you guys. I got an offer (I know, wrong damn forum (but this time of year))?

Dynasty 12 team ppr. Start 2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLEX.

I would get Kenneth Dixon and 3.8

I would give Theo Riddick and DeAndre Washington.

None of these backs factor into my starting lineup, with what I give or recieve. It would just be a bench trade for me if I did it.

Seems pretty even to me, that's why I ask.

I prefer the Dixon side because I think he offers the most upside long term. Short term the Riddick side

My dynasty experts' league is doing its rookie draft right now. Here are trades I've pulled so far:

I give: Bilal Powell

I get: 1.11 (Marlon Mack)

I give: Tyrod Taylor, Paul Perkins, Dion Lewis and Sammy Watkins

I get: Melvin Gordon and a 2018 first-rounder (likely early)

My regular starting lineup (two RBs, two WRs, one flex) now should be: Winston, Gordon, Lamar Miller, McCaffrey, Landry, Diggs and Gronk

:banana:

Now that I have accomplished my offseason goal of stacking up at RB, it's high time I start replenishing WR (I have DeVante Parker, John Brown, Tyrell Williams, Mike Wallace, Ted Ginn and Taylor Gabriel at the moment). I obviously like Parker and Brown this year, but it wouldn't hurt me to shoot for a stud so I don't have to count on Diggs being a regular starter.

You took Marlon Mack with 1.11? The opportunity looks nice, but I don't know the overall talent matches that pick. I think there is a lot more pure talent available at that point.

You took Marlon Mack with 1.11? The opportunity looks nice, but I don't know the overall talent matches that pick. I think there is a lot more pure talent available at that point.

I like the opportunity (obviously), but I like the talent more than most. That is exactly where I had him valued on my predraft list (1.11, that is) and believe he should be a first-round pick in rookie drafts on talent alone. Take a look at where I have him on my dynasty rankings if you think I'm kidding. That is as much based on talent as it is opportunity.

All I had to do was trade a soon-to-be 29-year-old RB on a bad offense to make it happen and I have the depth (or should have the depth) to wait for it to play out.

I like the opportunity (obviously), but I like the talent more than most. That is exactly where I had him valued on my predraft list (1.11, that is) and believe he should be a first-round pick in rookie drafts on talent alone. Take a look at where I have him on my dynasty rankings if you think I'm kidding. That is as much based on talent as it is opportunity.

All I had to do was trade a soon-to-be 29-year-old RB on a bad offense to make it happen and I have the depth (or should have the depth) to wait for it to play out.

The trade was a good deal. I just still can't get excited about the pick. I don't see the talent upside personally.

The trade was a good deal. I just still can't get excited about the pick. I don't see the talent upside personally.

I agree with you. But can see his side. He got the guy he wanted, where he thought he was gonna get him, for what he felt was basically nothing. To each our own.

That second trade though, wow. I think he stole a starting RB AND a future first. Nice deal.

Seems like the classic giving alot of ok bench depth for a stud that someone fell for.

I'll give you 4 new, really shinny nickels and a dime for your 2 old dirty quarters.

I looked again at my list. I actually have Mack at 1.09, ahead of Perine, Kamara and a host of some big-name WRs/TEs. I'm obviously higher on Mack's talent than most, although I recognize the situation pushed me over the top with him.

Nice move on picking up M Mack.

And you stole M Gordon.

My dynasty experts' league is doing its rookie draft right now. Here are trades I've pulled so far:

I give: Bilal Powell

I get: 1.11 (Marlon Mack)

I give: Tyrod Taylor, Paul Perkins, Dion Lewis and Sammy Watkins

I get: Melvin Gordon and a 2018 first-rounder (likely early)

My regular starting lineup (two RBs, two WRs, one flex) now should be: Winston, Gordon, Lamar Miller, McCaffrey, Landry, Diggs and Gronk

UPDATE - Rookie draft is over.

I give: 2018 second-rounder

I get: 3.04 (Jamaal Williams)

I give: Jacquizz Rodgers

I get: 2018 second-rounder

I give: 2018 third- and fourth-rounder

I get: 4.01 (Aaron Jones) and 2018 fourth

Context: I hate trading next year's second for a third in any draft, but I'm already not overly optimistic about the depth of skill-position talent in 2018. It also appears I think more highly of Williams than most. I really wanted to hedge my bet on Williams by locking up Jones and think I did so with picks I may not need/want next year anyway. I expect to pick late next year as it is, while the first- and second-rounders I acquired for next year should be in the top half. (The first-rounder should be inside the top three if the owner's history in this league is any indication.)

I entered the draft with Lamar Miller as my RB1 and all of my 2018 draft choices. After drafting McCaffrey and the deals above, I enter 2017 with Melvin Gordon as my RB1, Miller/McCaffrey as my RB2/flex and a bunch of young talented RBs in good spots IMO, and I expect to have three picks inside the top 18 in 2018. Miller is my oldest back, both QBs are under 30 (Winston, Tannehill) and John Brown is the oldest receiver I have of the ones I expect to contribute regularly. Pretty happy about this.

Wow Rodgers for a 2nd. That's insane.

Uh-huh. He's hurting at RB and drafted McNichols earlier, so I think he's angling for a post-Doug Martin backfield in Tampa. Still, he offered it and I was happy to accept.