Sign in to follow this  
huskyhater75

Women on NFL telecasts.............................................

Whether it's in the booth during the game, pregame, postgame, whatever-I'd much rather listen to a guy who actually played the game rather than a woman trying to be "one of the guys". If they (NFL, BS, Fox, etc) want women to be seen, show the cheerleaders more.

• Like 1

I was 10x more annoyed by Reggie Bush than whoever the lady was at the head of the desk.

I am 10x more interested in hearing from a knowledgeable female commentator than some schmuck "who actually played the game" like Booger McFarland.

Cue: Joe namath "id just like to kiss you". As a side note, I really enjoy Suzy Kolber (sp) and Pam Oliver they seem to have a feel for the game as sideline reporters. And actually ask relevant questions. Siragusa was a hoot. In the booth give me Romo and Michael's. Al has great calls and Romo points out a lot of things that dont get noticed. He seems great at dumbing down the game, but not to a grade school level. You can keep Buck and Aikman. If their favorite player is doing well, they explain how great he is. If hes not, then there is a lot of "but this" in their commentary

That's just it though, the women are 'staters of the obvious', they add nothing unknown or new to any telecast. The one that I really can't get is Good Morning Football. To make it where Adams appears to run the show is a joke.

Kolber and Oliver know their stuff, I'll agree there. But it seems like every football telecast there's a woman somehow involved into a mouth that utters nonsense. A couple of'em like Oliver and Kolber are okay, but too much is too much-not every damned telecast! But for the most part I agree with seafoam.

What is the big deal if guys don't want women talking men's sports? I have women bosses that I answer to and respect. I personally don't want them talking football on espn or whatever network has the game. Go away.

• Like 1

i don't have a problem with women football broadcasters in general, and as pointed out above, several NFL sideline reporters do excellent work. but the ESPN PbP woman is just bad. she's merely a token in a completely transparent SJW move as ESPN does some brand maintenance following years of bad behavior. there are maybe 10 national broadcast teams, atop a pyramid of thousands of college and radio broadcast teams, and somehow this woman with no quals or demonstrated talent skips to the head of the list so ESPN can virtue signal. it's a farce.

find a woman who doesn't suck at it, and i'll revisit the issue.

• Like 1

i have no issue with it at all if they have the knowledge, some great side line woman on tv just now.

as far as the "man who has played the game" goes it’s good to have that AKA Romo but there are men and woman who have been around the game their entire life’s who bring a lot also.

to me its just about their personality and knowledge if they have that i don’t care if it’s a guy or girl, i do hope they don’t just pick up a random woman reporter just to tick a box tho as there are woman who know a lot about the game if they are willing to look.

Whether it's in the booth during the game, pregame, postgame, whatever-I'd much rather listen to a guy who actually played the game rather than a woman trying to be "one of the guys". If they (NFL, BS, Fox, etc) want women to be seen, show the cheerleaders more.

this is exactly how I feel. I simply do not want to hear woman talk football. But but but diversity

Everytime the cameras go back to one of those women, a new article of clothing should be missing.

By the 4th quarter....... :banana:

I've no problem with women on the telecasts provided they're competent and involved just as much as anyone else on the team. I'm all for anyone following their dreams regardless of gender.

For those who espouse this as being a diversity/SJW thing I'd ask:

Do you really think this is ever going to go back to how it was?

I hate it when men coach women's sports. Those guys have never played the women's game, they have no business coaching women. Same for men announcing women's sports--get a life, dudes.

As for the NFL, yeah, former players in the booth are the best. Forget knowledge about the current game or general intelligence, I would love to hear Phil Simms and Boomer Esiason jerk each other off about the guys they used to play against and talk about how the current rules all suck and the players are all sissies, unless the guy they are currently talking about is the Best Player In The Game. Give me that for 3 to 6 hours every weekend.

• Like 1

I hate it when men coach women's sports. Those guys have never played the women's game, they have no business coaching women. Same for men announcing women's sports--get a life, dudes.

name some women's sports that are not Jr versions of what men already play. Every male coach or announcer in women's sports played at least the male version. What's the female version of football again? Oh. Yea. Black Friday.

i don't have a problem with women football broadcasters in general, and as pointed out above, several NFL sideline reporters do excellent work. but the ESPN PbP woman is just bad. she's merely a token in a completely transparent SJW move as ESPN does some brand maintenance following years of bad behavior. there are maybe 10 national broadcast teams, atop a pyramid of thousands of college and radio broadcast teams, and somehow this woman with no quals or demonstrated talent skips to the head of the list so ESPN can virtue signal. it's a farce.

find a woman who doesn't suck at it, and i'll revisit the issue.

Yep - agreed. But, its 2018 and this is the world we live in. They change the gender of characters in movies too or shove other SJW crap onto us as well. Its so irrritating and its actually a bad thing for truly talented women since if they get a job then its assumed that they were strictly a "PC" hire and had nothing to do with merit. Total joke.

name some women's sports that are not Jr versions of what men already play. Every male coach or announcer in women's sports played at least the male version. What's the female version of football again? Oh. Yea. Black Friday.

I thought the Standard Complaint about why men don't watch women's sports is that they are so different from the men's version?

I guess maybe the other alternative could be that you don't have to have played in a game to be knowledgeable about it. Certainly playing the game hasn't made 90% of the ex-player announcers good announcers. Or smart people. Or knowledgeable about the game. There are players every year who don't know games can end in ties. lol

And I always see bros trampling people in Black Friday videos online. Bros grabbing cheap TVs and Playstations, getting in fist fights. I dunno, never done Black Friday. But from what I've seen, it's a ton of dudes.

i dont give sh!t who it is - if they give a good presentation. Suzy and Pam are ok.. Tefoya is garbage..

i HATE chris collinsworth, and wouldnt pour acid on him if he were on fire. he's such a pr!ck

are you actually this upset by a woman talking about football?

LMAO

Absolutely! It's an affront to our masculinity! Our penises might fall off if we allow these "women" to cross the lines of all we hold sacred to our manliness!

Honestly with PVR I skip everything but plays anyway so I barely hear the comments.

Absolutely! It's an affront to our masculinity! Our penises might fall off if we allow these "women" to cross the lines of all we hold sacred to our manliness!

At least these women truly are women. Let's just call it good and move on, because it could get a lot worse.

I assume this thread is tongue-in-cheek. there are a lot of very knowledgeable football people who never played the game. Several female commentators are very well versed in the game.

#whiteknight

I assume this thread is tongue-in-cheek.

I'd love it if you were right. But I got a $5 that says some of those people above are completely serious about their opinions.

i HATE chris collinsworth, and wouldnt pour acid on him if he were on fire. he's such a pr!ck

LOL. I see where people are coming from, so I won't throw shade at you for that. I happen to like Chris. I really like his honesty--he'll just say things like "That's one of the worst football plays I have seen in twenty years. What were they thinking?" I appreciate that. That sort of honesty was the one thing I appreciated about Gruden in the booth. Way too many other announcers spend half the game trying to find ways to tell you that the Bills aren't complete garbage this year. "Their special teams is turning it around, they've gone 3 quarters of football without giving up more than 200 yards in punt returns!"

That's just it though, the women are 'staters of the obvious', they add nothing unknown or new to any telecast.

John Madden did this all the time and yet he was considered great...

• Like 1

I have no issues, whatsoever, watching Kay Adams on NFL Network.

Why do you hate the Huskies? @huskyhater75

Boom.

“Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they’re bigger than everybody else, and that’s what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”

1. “There’s a lot of letters in Ladanian Tomlinson”

2. “A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field’s boundaries.”

3. “The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage.”

4. “If you lose your best cornerback and punter, I’d say that’s a double loss.”

5. “It’s 3rd and 20..They need a good play here.”

6. “See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.”

7. “When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”

8. “Ruben Brown made that play there….well I mean he missed the guy completely but he was able to create just enough room for Thomas Jones by whiffing. The air he created on the miss gave Jones enough space to score.”

9. “If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the Wide Receiver catches it……. It’s a touchdown.”

10. “If this team doesn’t put points on the board I don’t see how they can win.”

11. “Whenever you talk about a Mike Shanahan offense, you’re always going to be talking about his offense.”

12. “Some yards is better than none yards?”

13. “Here’s a guy, here’s a guy who when he puts his contacts in, he can see better”

14. “Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.”

15. “When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to.”

16. “They’re either going to run the ball here or they're going to pass it.”

17. “The Dallas Cowboys have 2 types of plays in their playbook. Passing plays, and running plays.”

18. “When its raining the field gets wet, then all of a sudden everyone's running slower”

• Like 1

Boom.

“Hey, the offensive linemen are the biggest guys on the field, they’re bigger than everybody else, and that’s what makes them the biggest guys on the field.”

1. “There’s a lot of letters in Ladanian Tomlinson”

2. “A team should never practice on a field that is not lined. Your players have to become aware of the field’s boundaries.”

3. “The best way to gain more yards is advance the ball down the field from the line of scrimmage.”

4. “If you lose your best cornerback and punter, I’d say that’s a double loss.”

5. “It’s 3rd and 20..They need a good play here.”

6. “See, well ya see, the thing is, he should have caught that ball. But the ball is bigger than his hands.”

7. “When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”

8. “Ruben Brown made that play there….well I mean he missed the guy completely but he was able to create just enough room for Thomas Jones by whiffing. The air he created on the miss gave Jones enough space to score.”

9. “If the quarterback throws the ball in the endzone and the Wide Receiver catches it……. It’s a touchdown.”

10. “If this team doesn’t put points on the board I don’t see how they can win.”

11. “Whenever you talk about a Mike Shanahan offense, you’re always going to be talking about his offense.”

12. “Some yards is better than none yards?”

13. “Here’s a guy, here’s a guy who when he puts his contacts in, he can see better”

14. “Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game.”

15. “When your arm gets hit, the ball is not going to go where you want it to.”

16. “They’re either going to run the ball here or they're going to pass it.”

17. “The Dallas Cowboys have 2 types of plays in their playbook. Passing plays, and running plays.”

18. “When its raining the field gets wet, then all of a sudden everyone's running slower”

LOL I know Frank Caliendo is a 1 trick pony but his impressions of Madden are hilarious.

I hate hate hate listening to women announcing men's sports. Anyone remember the Suzyn Waldman fiasco:

"Roger Clemens is in Georges box!!! Oh my goodness gracious! Roger Clemens is standing in George Steinbrenner's box!!!!"

because john madden was a SB-winning coach who knew every aspect of the game inside-out, was a great teacher of the game, was an interesting personality, and was entertaining.

find me a woman with the same traits, and i have no problem with her in the box.

For those who espouse this as being a diversity/SJW thing I'd ask:

Do you really think this is ever going to go back to how it was?

ESPN won't. their organization had such a culture of sexual harassment that this was inevitable to stave off future litigation. and as a failing organization, they couldn't maintain the status quo, so shaking things up wasn't a bad gamble. now they're locked into it. but the other sports networks are paying attention, so they're unlikely to go down this road.

women demand women's-only space. i don't think men should feel bad for wanting to preserve a traditionally male space. i don't have a problem with female officials, i don't have a problem with female football journalists, and i wouldn't have a problem with a female announcer so long as she was particularly good at it. we haven't seen one yet.

Whichever gal did the MNF opener was awful. I just hated her nasally annoying voice. Nothing to do with chauvenism either... Hated whichever Gumbel did Thursday night football for a bit and hated Mayock for the same reason. Theres a newer fox sideline reporter who may be the best looking I have seen in a while, but hate her too for the same reason.

Dont care otherwise. Get its a business. Actually like Oliver, Kolber and Andrews.

And Id watch that Latin chick that the Jets got in trouble for harassing a few years back anytime and wouldnt care what she was saying so long as her ass was turned to the camera

women demand women's-only space. i don't think men should feel bad for wanting to preserve a traditionally male space.

There's a difference between punching up and punching down. Most of the world, at least the parts that included significant careers and fame and education and political power and advancement, have been 'male spaces' for most of history. Thus, there is a significant difference between women asking for women-only spaces and men asking for male-only spaces. Women ask for those spaces largely because they are (still) fighting for legitimacy in a world that thinks their uteruses will fall out if they run too far. Men who ask for male-only spaces are largely asking for them because they 'miss the good old days' of men being in charge of literally everything. That's a big difference.

If you wanted to create a males only book club, I doubt most people will bat an eye. If you want to create a males only high paying career path? Yeah. Not so great.

because john madden was a SB-winning coach who knew every aspect of the game inside-out, was a great teacher of the game, was an interesting personality, and was entertaining.

:lol:

You should have stopped at coach...

:lol:

You should have stopped at coach...

John Madden used to say (and it was a regular sound bite in his video game) "You Can't. Coach. Speed."

Hmmm. Why do I look at track teams and professional sprinters and see so many coaches working with them to get faster? Yeah, John knew every aspect of something. <eyeroll>

There's a difference between punching up and punching down. Most of the world, at least the parts that included significant careers and fame and education and political power and advancement, have been 'male spaces' for most of history. Thus, there is a significant difference between women asking for women-only spaces and men asking for male-only spaces. Women ask for those spaces largely because they are (still) fighting for legitimacy in a world that thinks their uteruses will fall out if they run too far. Men who ask for male-only spaces are largely asking for them because they 'miss the good old days' of men being in charge of literally everything. That's a big difference.

If you wanted to create a males only book club, I doubt most people will bat an eye. If you want to create a males only high paying career path? Yeah. Not so great.

the attitude that women are weaklings who must be protected is a core concept of patriarchy. protected classes cannot possibly be equal--they are underclasses by definition.

the attitude that women are weaklings who must be protected is a core concept of patriarchy. protected classes cannot possibly be equal--they are underclasses by definition.

The fact that women have been and still are the subject of massive amounts of discrimination is not the same thing as the belief that they are weaklings who must be protected. That's a strawman argument.

"protected classes cannot possibly be equal--they are underclasses by definition. "

This makes no sense. Women have been relegated to a second class--that's an undeniable fact. It's not the attempts to fix the biases that have put women in that situation. They are not being treated equally, including by the rules of most establishments, governmental and corporate. To claim for example that we should try to be 'fair' by 'not seeing gender' is to ignore the fact that the system is biased against women. In order to achieve fair treatment later, we must treat different groups differently now--because the system is unfair now.

Consider--following the Civil War, blacks were no longer subject to slavery. So what if schools at the time, right after the war, said "Great, now that we treat everyone equally, we'll make our admission standards fair--everyone gets admitted based on GPA, regardless of race." You think there would be a lot of blacks admitted to those schools, with their 'fair' and 'colorblind' admissions policies? The people who hadn't been educated, didn't have money to afford education? Their situation was in no way reflective of their capabilities--just of their realities. Former slaves would have stood no chance of getting into schools based on 'equal' admission standards. Yet the whites could pat themselves on the backs and say "See? No racial requirements! We're doing the right thing!"

There's simply a difference between equality and equity. Women are perfectly capable. But when the same resume that gets accepted at 100 companies with a male name gets rejected at 100 other companies when you put a female name on it, the competence of women is suddenly facing the monolith of a biased society. To say we should be working to fix that problem is not to demean women at all.

Simply put: to say that we should be 'working to fix the system for women' is very different from saying that we should be working with women to fix the system. :)