Sign in to follow this  
thePRO

Stupid Week 17 Championships

Can't stand them. But they occur in 2 of my big $$$$ leagues. For anyone else involved in a week 17 championship are there any players or backups you're needing to target and if so, who?

I'm seriously questioning starting DeAngelo Williams this week. He's finally healthy, but the only thing I'm concerned about is no Ben and Brown. But it is against the Browns. Does he see a full load without Bell? Or do they have him split with Toussaint? If you're wondering why, it's because I have Booker, Ware, Stewart, and Sproles in a PPR league...Williams sounds good compared to these others.

Guys like Alfred Blue, Alex Collins, and possibly McFadden could be good...

Quit those leagues or get them to change. This is perfect year to use as example

Just the Steelers big three out for your championships is enough to change. Throw in Elliot. Guys like Tyrod Taylor held out for goofy reasons etc

Quit those leagues or get them to change. This is perfect year to use as example

Just the Steelers big three out for your championships is enough to change. Throw in Elliot. Guys like Tyrod Taylor held out for goofy reasons etc

Queue the bad "one more week of fun" argument from Week 17 championship apologists.

Alex Collins is a player that's diffently on my list.

I wish. They're the highest paid leagues with the coaches in my school district and the other is decent too.

This year's week 17 is crazy compared to last year's.

Queue the bad "one more week of fun" argument from Week 17 championship apologists.

Just wanted to say that your sig quote rocks. :thumbsup:

Unusually tricky this year with what, 3 games that matter.

I'm ok with them. In 2 finals and will probably split them.

Longer reg seasons are coming. 18 games, 2 byes, less preseason.

Longer reg seasons are coming. 18 games, 2 byes, less preseason.

I don't think we'll see a longer season, mostly because the owners won't commit the $ and cede the control that will be necessary to get it.

Just wanted to say that your sig quote rocks. :thumbsup:

Sad to say that is a true story. A little dated but, once upon a time, you could get two 6-packs for $6.

• Like 1

Dallas is extremely banged up on the defensive side of the ball. Marinelli is going to sit as many as he can - will roll with a back up group of no names.... Start all your Eagles if you have any.

• Like 1

Sad to say that is a true story. A little dated but, once upon a time, you could get two 6-packs for $6.

It caused a grin of recognition, as I'd a similar escapade in my past.

:cheers:

• Like 1

Week 17 games have a lot on the line.

They are total point leagues.

Can't stand them. But they occur in 2 of my big $$$$ leagues. For anyone else involved in a week 17 championship are there any players or backups you're needing to target and if so, who?

I'm seriously questioning starting DeAngelo Williams this week. He's finally healthy, but the only thing I'm concerned about is no Ben and Brown. But it is against the Browns. Does he see a full load without Bell? Or do they have him split with Toussaint? If you're wondering why, it's because I have Booker, Ware, Stewart, and Sproles in a PPR league...Williams sounds good compared to these others.

Guys like Alfred Blue, Alex Collins, and possibly McFadden could be good...

ouch. glad that's not my call to make.

I actually dont play in leagues where the final is in week 17. I refuse to join.

Too much of this crap goes on and it's not fair to a guy whose stud gets benched because a team has nothing to play for.

It's not fair, and I know I'll get all worked up over it, so I do myself a favor and stay away from those leagues. Maybe you should think about doing the same.

These still exist...

:(

Yes. It sucks. Guess who my two players were at RB who lead me to a 12-2 record and a championship game?

DJ and McCoy.

:( Safe to say I lost.

I also had Ware and West in both championship games. The one championship game I won, I waited until Ware was ruled out and plugged in West. Was going to do the same in the other league with DJ and McCoy, but decided to go Thielen since Thielen had been killing it. Lost by 8 :doh:

Yes. It sucks. Guess who my two players were at RB who lead me to a 12-2 record and a championship game?

DJ and McCoy.

..also had Gordon, then Howard after he went down. Life was good, til week 17.

Had DJ and McCoy, Ty Mont and Cooks, and Kelce. 10 pts total.

..also had Gordon, then Howard after he went down. Life was good, til week 17.

Had DJ and McCoy, Ty Mont and Cooks, and Kelce. 10 pts total.

Wow that's weird. I had DJ, McCoy, Cooks, and Kelce also.

Wow that's weird. I had DJ, McCoy, Cooks, and Kelce also.

Cousins at QB, Steelers D/ST..... ?

Best stable of RBs I've ever had. Gordon and Howard were pleasant surprises.

Cousins at QB, Steelers D/ST..... ?

Best stable of RBs I've ever had. Gordon and Howard were pleasant surprises.

Haha ended up with Carr at QB but rolled with Palmer because of the injury. And AZ DST. Those two almost helped me win.