Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

The NFL has jumped the shark....officially....

Wow. What an awful bunch of games so far. Unwatchable garbage with terrible teams. How the fock did the Texans win the division? How the fock did Miami make the playoffs? What is the point of the AFC even bothering to try. The red carpet has been rolled out for the Patriots again. The only resistance they had was the Ravens and Broncos but those teams are defunct now so it's automatic Pats SB berth for the next like ten years. How embarrassing.

How lucky is NE to have such a cakewalk each year? They have the division locked up week one every year. Zero competition. And they aren't even really good....they have ONE good player and that's it. One. They're a .500 team masquerading as a "good" team. But with no resistance it's just handed to them.

And then....the NFC which is "slightly" better is still a mishmash of crap. The Lie downs? Really? Way to show up. The Falcons are a joke too. They rack up fantasy points against crap teams but they'll fold as usual I'm sure. Giants? Packers? Maybe....but how can you hold out hope with such ineptness everywhere? That game will probably be a blowout too. GB Will not show up.

Next week is no better. More blowouts to come. The league has finally jumped the shark. No wonder why ratings are down and viewership is lower than ever. Wow. Good job, Roger.

• Like 1

The one point you have is Pats auto #1 seed in that horrible division.

Baltimore and Denver sucked. What were you watching this year

Well, the Pats will have a harder time next year since the Bills, Jets and Dolphins will be much improved.

LMAO!

Adding that second wild card was not wise in my opinion. It adds a team probably not worthy to get invited to the dance.

Wildcard weekend usually is underwhelming... The real playoffs start next weekend anyway

Yeah pretty bad nfl weekend, but ways fun from a fanstasy aspect.

Wildcard weekend usually is underwhelming... The real playoffs start next weekend anyway

I think the first week is really just the been there and done that teams winning, and like you said, next week is the fun. Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburgh are always in the playoffs, know how to win this time of year. They were playing 2 first time coaches, and a detroit team that can't handle success.

The veteran teams just make it look easy in round one.

I think the first week is really just the been there and done that teams winning, and like you said, next week is the fun. Seattle, Green Bay, Pittsburgh are always in the playoffs, know how to win this time of year. They were playing 2 first time coaches, and a detroit team that can't handle success.

The veteran teams just make it look easy in round one.

plus rookie QBs, career backup QBs, hurt QBs starting... Not surprising this round sucked balls

The one point you have is Pats auto #1 seed in that horrible division.

Baltimore and Denver sucked. What were you watching this year

That's just the way of the NFL, always has been. The old K Gun Buffalo Bills were in four Super Bowls because of this. They played in a horrible AFC East- NYJ, NE, MIA back in the early 90's were all bad. The Bills would steamroll the division, finish 12-4, then have home field throughout the playoffs. Buffalo in January is a brutal place to play.

• Like 1

I think Roger is the NFL's worst commish ever!! Outside of that your entire post was pretty lame.

• Like 1

I think Ben Rothlisburger looks very uncomfortable when passing the ball , like he's unsure of where to go with it.

I think they are going to have a tough game this next weekend.

How lucky is NE to have such a cakewalk each year?

:banana:

16 straight years of cakewalks... Roadie's finally giving up... the last bastion of haters has finally succumbed to NE's greatness!

I think Ben Rothlisburger looks very uncomfortable when passing the ball , like he's unsure of where to go with it.

I think they are going to have a tough game this next weekend.

I think you may be in the great minority in that assessment of him looking unsure where to go with the ball. If that were the case his sacks would be way up.

Will they have a tough time, sure probably. But did you watch the last KC / PItt game this year?

I do see that last KC / Pitt game.

And it has nothing to do with this weekend.

I think Rothlisburger looks uncomfortable to me.

They need to start thinking about drafting another Qb.

Your cracking me up

I'm serious , it's time for them to get ready to develop a Qb for the future.

I think Ben as taken enough.

I'm serious , it's time for them to get ready to develop a Qb for the future.

I think Ben as taken enough.

Ben has lost nothing off his arm. They need a better #2 but Ben has probably at min 3 more years before you see a decline enough to think about his final days.

3 more years is enough time to develop another Qb yes ?

one thing I'll say for sure, the winner of this game has the best chance to knock off the pats prior to Super bowl.

Houston sure isnt gonna get it done. I'll say that much for sure.

On the other side, I think 3 of the 4 teams have a decent shot at beating the Pats if they make the super bowl.

Highest probability goes to the Seahawks whose playing style has traditionally been tough for the Pats team as a whole.

He looks fine. Many times a game you can't throw because guys are covered. The TV doesn't show the whole field.

I really want the networks to experiment with wide angled full field live action. Need to see defenses earning their money. These guys are good.

• Like 1

DP

I will give you that point Kent.

Plus I think that after Bell and especially Brown , Ben really doesn't have a lot of good options.

There comes a time to start thinking about the coming future , and looking at developing another Qb isn't a bad thing either , is it ?

Read that the Gmen might be thinking the same thing.

Plus I think that after Bell and especially Brown , Ben really doesn't have a lot of good options.

There comes a time to start thinking about the coming future , and looking at developing another Qb isn't a bad thing either , is it ?

If he were to fall I'd love to see them draft and develop Watson.

I think Roger is the NFL's worst commish ever!! Outside of that your entire post was pretty lame.

I bet the owners would disagree with you.

I bet the owners would disagree with you.

Oh I don't think so at all. The owners are making more money than they ever have - and they ultimately could fire him if they wanted to. Instead - they are giving Rog $20m a year. Wish I was that hated.

I think Hawkeye was on the same page.

The owners are truly happy with good ol rog.

I think Hawkeye was on the same page.

The owners are truly happy with food ol rog.

True, my bad Hawks.

No problem. It's well known that Rogers has made the owners a ton of money and that is really all they care about. Rogers has also help build the NFL into the most popular sport in America and spread it's popularity across the world.

I don't like Rogers just like most fans but he's done more with the NFL than any commissioner ever has.

Don't underestimate how much ff and betting as on the popularity to the game.

Don't underestimate how much ff and beating as on the popularity to the game.

Hugely agree - especially the fantasy aspect. A good indicator of this is how much fantasy talk you hear at the coffee machine in the ofice on Monday versus actual game talk. At my workplace its like 75% fantasy talk and 25% NFL game talk.

The NFL has recognized that betting and fantasy football are huge and they've embraced it. Instead of turning it away they are using it to their advantage.

Oh I don't think so at all. The owners are making more money than they ever have - and they ultimately could fire him if they wanted to. Instead - they are giving Rog $20m a year. Wish I was that hated.

Roger is making more than double that a year I believe. Think it's 42 mil.

They did draft Landry Jones high and he had the resume. He only developed so far. They have Mettenburger now who I think will take over for Landry as 2nd string and they probably draft a young QB, but nothing in the first 4 rounds.

They did draft Landry Jones high and he had the resume. He only developed so far. They have Mettenburger now who I think will take over for Landry as 2nd string and they probably draft a young QB, but nothing in the first 4 rounds.

Mettenberger's not a long term option though and it's not a very deep draft for QBs this year, so I'd say if you're not taking one early then don't even bother this year.

Just re-sign Bruce Gradkowski as your #3 for next year, and try to see if you can develop an UDFA on your practice squad.

I believe it's spelled Muttonburger.