Sign in to follow this  
RoadLizard

The NFL has jumped the shark....officially....

Mettenberger's not a long term option though and it's not a very deep draft for QBs this year, so I'd say if you're not taking one early then don't even bother this year.

Just re-sign Bruce Gradkowski as your #3 for next year, and try to see if you can develop an UDFA on your practice squad.

Bruce is done. there are no QBs on practice squad. I bet they see what Zach has as a #2.

Bruce is done. there are no QBs on practice squad. I bet they see what Zach has as a #2.

meant that they'd pick up a developmental QB as an UDFA to be on their practice squad in 2017, not that there was one now.

and you can have Mett as the #2 next year without thinking he can be the long term QB after Ben. He had a shot in Tenn and didn't look good, was released there, was given a shot to show SD if he could be a developmental QB and they released him too. He's a career backup at best, but I'd have a hard time belieiving a guy with his physical strengths could get released twice on dirt cheap deals if people actually thought that he could be an NFL starter. So him as the #2 next year does not mean he has any claim to the heir apparent to Ben.

and if Bruce is really done, then he can be swapped out for any dirt cheap #3 QB. I only mentioned him because Pitt has a tendency to favor longevity with the team in their backup QB options; it was a throw away name.

meant that they'd pick up a developmental QB as an UDFA to be on their practice squad in 2017, not that there was one now.

and you can have Mett as the #2 next year without thinking he can be the long term QB after Ben. He had a shot in Tenn and didn't look good, was released there, was given a shot to show SD if he could be a developmental QB and they released him too. He's a career backup at best, but I'd have a hard time belieiving a guy with his physical strengths could get released twice on dirt cheap deals if people actually thought that he could be an NFL starter. So him as the #2 next year does not mean he has any claim to the heir apparent to Ben.

and if Bruce is really done, then he can be swapped out for any dirt cheap #3 QB. I only mentioned him because Pitt has a tendency to favor longevity with the team in their backup QB options; it was a throw away name.

Only said Zach would be #2 not future star. Most teams #2 are just that. A #2

What is Ben? One year older than Rodgers?

Only said Zach would be #2 not future star. Most teams #2 are just that. A #2

What is Ben? One year older than Rodgers?

True, but I think the original convo was whether Pitt should start looking for a future replacement, so maybe we were just coming form two different perspectives.

Ben started as a rookie while Rodgers sat out the first 3 years though, so I'd hardly say their bodies are the same age. Plus he plays a far more physical style of game, which is not conducive to longevity. That's why he's dealt with so many injuries. So I think that's why people were starting to speculate how much more time he'd have left, and whether they should start looking for their next.

During the Niners dynasty. the NFC West was pathetic as they come.

Pats have had more a challenge then Montana and Young did then

Both teams though had one thing in common. They were complete teams.

But both were managed differently. Pats tend not to keep their vets. Niners did.

Calm down, it is all cyclical.

Calm down, there are always teams in this league run by owners without a clue.

• Like 1

During the Niners dynasty. the NFC West was pathetic as they come.

Pats have had more a challenge then Montana and Young did then

Both teams though had one thing in common. They were complete teams.

But both were managed differently. Pats tend not to keep their vets. Niners did.

Calm down, it is all cyclical.

Calm down, there are always teams in this league run by owners without a clue.

The AFC east has been really pathetic for a while now.

no, no...

didn't you read the OP... the ENTIRE NFL stinks... that's why the Pats are so good

:banana:

Yes, I'd have to agree with that. Aside from Rex's Jets for a 2 year span it's been pathetic.

Yes, I'd have to agree with that. Aside from Rex's Jets for a 2 year span it's been pathetic.

Tyrod fitz Tanny

What a group of QBs to face