Sign in to follow this  
Big Guy

Lindsay Buckingham Fired from Fleetwood Mac

everybody's a comedian! :lol:

His Mac sings are my favorite they have.

he's never goin' back again :music_guitarred:

Maybe Monday Morning

Speaking of Crowded House, excellent use of "Dont Dream Its Over" in the Americans the other night.

Now he can go his own way.

I'll betcha it's nothing but a bunch of Rumors

Lovin' him isn't the right thing to do

Lovin' him isn't the right thing to do

It's second hand news that Stevie started banging Mick after him.

Butch lesbos everywhere will be pissed

Leave Stevie Nicks alone !

damn :lol: you guys are good! :thumbsup:

Seen FM many times. 90% of the reason to go is Buckingham.

Poor Mick keeps spending all his money.

It'll be better than before.

That's the same thing fans are going to say when the "new" Fleetwood Mac comes to town.

Okay, this is crazy. I just found out that I went to school with and lived about a quarter mile away from Lindsay's wife

Amazing!

That's the same thing fans are going to say when the "new" Fleetwood Mac comes to town.

Hmmm, not sure :dunno:

This may revitalize the band, could turn into a brand new Supergroup. I'd venture to say that Neil Finn is probably the most talented of all of them. And Mike Campbell is a fantastic guitarist with F.M. history. This may seem REALLY weird to us, but Fleetwood Mac has a crazier past and member turnover than most bands, this move is up there with bringing in Stevie & Lindsey back in the early 70's.

Hmmm, not sure :dunno:

This may revitalize the band, could turn into a brand new Supergroup. I'd venture to say that Neil Finn is probably the most talented of all of them. And Mike Campbell is a fantastic guitarist with F.M. history. This may seem REALLY weird to us, but Fleetwood Mac has a crazier past and member turnover than most bands, this move is up there with bringing in Stevie & Lindsey back in the early 70's.

Lineup turnover during their prime is one thing, but is FM putting out new music or simply doing the "greatest hits" type tours?

With these classic bands whenever I see them on tour I always check to see who is actually still in the band. YES may be an extreme case due to all the bickering and lawsuits over the years. They're touring this year but the current lineup is just Steve Howe / Alan White / bunch of other guys. Howe is an amazing guitarist but he and the drummer isn't enough draw for the $$$.

Lineup turnover during their prime is one thing, but is FM putting out new music or simply doing the "greatest hits" type tours?

With these classic bands whenever I see them on tour I always check to see who is actually still in the band. YES may be an extreme case due to all the bickering and lawsuits over the years. They're touring this year but the current lineup is just Steve Howe / Alan White / bunch of other guys. Howe is an amazing guitarist but he and the drummer isn't enough draw for the $$$.

Haven't some of the guys from YES died? I have a friend who's a huge YES fan but won't go see them due to one or more deaths in the band.

Haven't some of the guys from YES died? I have a friend who's a huge YES fan but won't go see them due to one or more deaths in the band.

Chris Squire. He was the one guy in the band for ALL lineups. Amazing bassist. Passed away a few years ago.

Pretty sure Squire was only death in the band. Touring without Jon Anderson on vocals, or hell even Trevor Rabin, just doesn't cut it for me.

Edit: Steve Howe only LOOKS like he died. Dude is a focking skeleton now.

The Peter Green FM was a million years ago and a completely different band, musically. FM as we know it, was nothing until Buckingham and Nicks rolled on the scene 45 years ago. The music barely sounds the same anyway, due to age. There are probably tributes that do a better job. I would honestly rather see Buckingham and some youngsters do the music, than Mick and Stevie and whomever.

• Like 1

I hear ya :thumbsup:

and yeah I meant to touch on the subject of new music, but did mention Supergroup....that's what I meant by it. Otherwise they're just a corporate cash cow / tribute band.

Didn't Christine McVie drop out several years ago? Or did she rejoin when she realized she had bills to pay?