Sign in to follow this  
Bobbyn2022

Cooper will be a top 5 WR

Thank you Dez for deciding to sit this one out, my only other healthy option was Crabtree. Love when that happens.

Coop taking a lot of grief from Raider fans on the forums after last night. He's got good size and speed, but I'll say he's more Charlie Joiner than John Jefferson. But he needs to settle down and quit dropping the ball.

And Kellen Winslow , Is Dan Fouts worthy of any praise ? Probably the best receivers of all time with Chuck Muncie at RB.

I own Cooper in a big money league and am just as frustrated as you guys. I think Cooper has a few things working against him. As the true WR1 he is regularly drawing the opposing teams best CB. Defensive coordinators are firstly concerned with covering Cooper over Crabtree. This is leaving Crabtree against weaker CBs on a regular basis.

Second, Cooper does not have a skill set is that vastly different from Crabtree. Cooper is 6"1 and 210 lbs. Crabtree is 6"1 and 215 lbs. Very similar players! My point here Cooper does not have top end speed (his speed is average) or huge red zone size to clearly differentiate from Crabtree. They are almost used interchangeably in the offense.

Couple that with the fact that Cooper is only 22 years old (22!) and still maturing and learning as a player. He didn't know the rule about being pushed out of bounds and coming back in. He has lapses in focus and regularly drops at least 1 pass a game. That is all stuff that can be cleaned up but takes time.

If you invested a high draft pick in Cooper, I think selling low right now would be a mistake. Bigger weeks are coming. Crabtree has 4 TDs while Cooper has zero. That has to regress, right?

I own Cooper in a big money league and am just as frustrated as you guys. I think Cooper has a few things working against him. As the true WR1 he is regularly drawing the opposing teams best CB. Defensive coordinators are firstly concerned with covering Cooper over Crabtree. This is leaving Crabtree against weaker CBs on a regular basis.

Second, Cooper does not have a skill set is that vastly different from Crabtree. Cooper is 6"1 and 210 lbs. Crabtree is 6"1 and 215 lbs. Very similar players! My point here Cooper does not have top end speed (his speed is average) or huge red zone size to clearly differentiate from Crabtree. They are almost used interchangeably in the offense.

Couple that with the fact that Cooper is only 22 years old (22!) and still maturing and learning as a player. He didn't know the rule about being pushed out of bounds and coming back in. He has lapses in focus and regularly drops at least 1 pass a game. That is all stuff that can be cleaned up but takes time.

If you invested a high draft pick in Cooper, I think selling low right now would be a mistake. Bigger weeks are coming. Crabtree has 4 TDs while Cooper has zero. That has to regress, right?

Cooper has to be one of the fastest WRs in the NFL (WRs that actually have roles on offense)

Crabtree is a possession WR where Cooper is the explosive one. Their physical sizes may be almost the same but they are vastly different in their playing style. At least in my opinion.

I do agree that better days are on the horizon but not for the reasons you mentioned. I do expect his boom or bust style to continue. Next week he might have 200 yards and 3 TDs and follow that up with a 1 catch performance the following week.

Still had a better game than Brown. And just a tick behind OBJ (he and Cooper had woulda shoulda coulda non-TD's)

What are you dancing banana-ing? Fockin' 49ers fans...

With the state of the two teams, dude has to count his coup where he can lol. I'll flat out admit, Crabs has been beasting it. He'll remain TD dependent in fantasy, but if you lead the league in TDs what the fock?

I inquired about Cooper to the owner in my league. He said "not for sale". This guy is very smart and has done well in our league over the years. You know why? He's patient and doesn't freak out because of a few down weeks from a guy like Cooper. And he doesn't sell low.

Cooper is as talented as they come, and he has a good QB throwing to him. I'd be patient if I owned him.

Cooper has to be one of the fastest WRs in the NFL (WRs that actually have roles on offense)

Crabtree is a possession WR where Cooper is the explosive one. Their physical sizes may be almost the same but they are vastly different in their playing style. At least in my opinion.

I do agree that better days are on the horizon but not for the reasons you mentioned. I do expect his boom or bust style to continue. Next week he might have 200 yards and 3 TDs and follow that up with a 1 catch performance the following week.

Glad you posted this. For the OP, Coop is plenty fast. He was officially listed at the combine at 4.42, which in and of itself is very fast. But there were numerous accounts that this time was indeed mis-reported, and Coops ACTUAL 40 time was between 4.35 and 4.38; A couple of pieces of evidence support this.

One, there is a CG video enhancement of Coop, Kevin White, and Davante Parker head-to-head-to-head in the Forty at the Combine. There's confusion in the NFL Network version on Google, as Mike Mayock and Rich Eisen confuse Parker and Cooper. But look closely and you'll see it's Cooper that pulls even with Kevin White, eventually edging him, while Parker is right behind. White's official Forty time is 4.37 while Parker's is 4.43 so it all adds up.

Secondly, go back and watch Cooper's TD which was called back against Atlanta. The play was rightfully nullified as the QB was out of the pocket. But the important factoid was the absolute explosion Cooper displayed while splitting two ATL defenders on the play. Watch it again. Lightning fast.

I can see where people think him to be slow, as Cooper has a very smooth aspect to his game. And he is an absolute route running technician. I liken him to a cross between Cliff Branch and Charlie Joiner. His dropped passes are simply a phase. He's learning the NFL game at 22, everything is in fast forward mode. It will slow down and he'll get comfortable. He displayed some great hands in this year's opener, and take note of his 70% catch-to-target ratio his final year at Alabama, when he saw a sick 170 targets.

I keep hyping this kid, knowing he's going to be a beast in this league. But as someone pointed out, and a mistake I've made, it may not all come together this year.

I keep hyping this kid, knowing he's going to be a beast in this league. But as someone pointed out, and a mistake I've made, it may not all come together this year.

To be honest, for the great ones it comes together right away. Moss, Boldin etc did not need 3 years, greatness is a day 1 thing. That said, a couple good games and Cooper is right back among the top wrs since its so early. Did Baldwin even have a pulse last year before week 8? Plenty of time to pull together a breakout season.

To be honest, for the great ones it comes together right away. Moss, Boldin etc did not need 3 years, greatness is a day 1 thing. That said, a couple good games and Cooper is right back among the top wrs since its so early. Did Baldwin even have a pulse last year before week 8? Plenty of time to pull together a breakout season.

Really? Look back at last years Top Ten WRs, and how those players did in THEIR rookie seasons. Coop outperformed all but Beckham. Not sure what your point is, hell even Antonio Brown took years to blow up.

Crab's early success is going to open things up for Coop.

I blame the toe. If it wasn't the toe that was out of bounce he would had a nice 45+ yard TD to go with his stats. Would make his season numbers a lot better.

I just bought in on him. Sent Jefferey, Ivory and Flacco over for Amari, Starks and Tannehill. I'm a Fat Eddy subscriber this year and feel ok enough with young backups to give a bit more than I got back (in my view.. though only slightly).

I just wanted in on the ballin' Raiders and Alshon's soft tissue issues.. and Hoyer's irritating tendency to not force the ball to one guy were factors.

Hope in the long run it pans out.. Crabtree can do his thing.. just need the kid to eat a little near the endzone too.

He hasn't been terrible this year but he has a serious problem finishing off seasons.

The 2nd half of last year and now 2nd half of this year he's been kind of a pansy.

He needs to toughen up.

Hopefully he'll fall far enough next year to make him draftable. Would love to have him as a WR 2/3

Well, I've got a post in the other Cooper thread. He's finished with 1,000 yds receiving, the first Raider WR in history to open his career with such back-to-back seasons.

I'd caveat all with the fact he's only 22. But I don't need to. He's 7th in the league in receiving yards, yet 16th in targets. Again, I'd look at the Oakland offense as well. For whatever reason they're simply not going downfield.

Why does it have to regress?

And someone else said that Crabtree is touchdown dependent? Just because he scores touchdowns doesn't make him touchdown dependent. It just adds to his value. This thread is like a Cooper's Anonymous thread. You all need to go through a 12 game program or something. Everyone is gloating about his speed, and oh, he is still young and didn't know you couldn't go out of bounds and come back in and be the first so to touch, etc... blah, blah, blah.

Crabtree will score more touchdowns and points than Cooper this year. Hopefully for you all that Cooper hangs close, because if he is even close to Crabtree, it will still work out for you.

Just did this trade. Think Amari always seems to carry a name value.

Cooper, Cooks, and Thompson for A. Brown and Pierre Garcon

Best player in a trade wins more times than not.

Nice job.

Seems like a lot to give up for Brown.

If Ben goes down there's a problem.

I wouldn't have done the deal.