Sign in to follow this  
jizzatch

First time playing for money and with IDP

This is my first time playing in a fantasy league for money. We are also playing with individual defensive players. I have the 10th pick in a 12 team league, based on order of finish from last season (I was 2nd.) We have a $27 entry fee and will likely have a transaction fee of $.50 per.

My question is when to draft the IDPs. I am guessing with my last picks. It looks to me like they do not contribute many points per week with our scoring. We start one DL and one DB. Commissioner decided against having an LB. Shouldn't I wait until my last two picks? I can also put two players on an injured reserve.

Also, in the 10th spot, it looks like it might come down having an opportunity to draft Peyton Manning or an RB like Caddy. I am thinking of picking up Manning with the 2nd pick at number 15 if he is still available, or do I take him with the 1st pick?

Thanks.

I'd take the top RB available with your first pick. With Pick #2, I'd take Manning, UNLESS a good RB drops to that spot. If somebody like Ronnie Brown, or Stephen Jackson fell to that spot, I'd draft them.

My league uses IDP as well. The elite D players usually start to get drafted around the 6-7th rounds. I usually hold out and draft D players a little later though.

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=220159