Sign in to follow this  
hoozyerdaddy

What does it do?

I know this is a stupid question and it probably has already been covered (I searched) but here goes........

Can we draft online with yahoo! ? Does it automatically take players off the list when they are drafted or do I

have to input all the info manually. I see that there is a time clock. I guess my question really is.....

Does the draft buddy link up with online drafts?

Hi hoozyerdaddy. No, sorry, it doesn't sync with different league management systems like Yahoo, CBS, etc. That is a little much for Excel to handle (and perhaps for me to figure out too :) ). The picks get input manually by clicking a player name and hitting a Draft Player button, which is pretty quick, but not as quick as you are suggesting for people drafting online.

There is an overall rankings list, plus rankings for each position. Buddy doesn't spit out "you should take this player now" advice, but it certainly guides the user to draft off of its rankings. I don't really agree with such a heavy-handed approach having a software program identify a single "best" player to draft at any given point, because I believe there are too many variables to account for and a lot of different ways to be successful drafting a fantasy football team. I will say however, that many people do draft straight down the overall rankings and are fine with that and have good success.

Hi hoozyerdaddy. No, sorry, it doesn't sync with different league management systems like Yahoo, CBS, etc. That is a little much for Excel to handle (and perhaps for me to figure out too :) ). The picks get input manually by clicking a player name and hitting a Draft Player button, which is pretty quick, but not as quick as you are suggesting for people drafting online.

What is the best advice for drafting online and using the draft buddy? I remember a few years ago trying it and it was frustating to say the least. I didnt have time to focus on my team. to busy going back and forth. Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks.

I think the biggest issue with online drafting is when one or more teams go into auto mode. Owners fail to show up or drop out part way through. Think this is more prevalent in Yahoo leagues, and probably where guys don't know each other as well. When the picks are coming in every 5 seconds, that does make it pretty hard to keep up.

The big thing to speed up and stay focussed online, is to try to keep it so you don't always have to flip back and forth between windows where one window is hidden. If you have two monitors it works extremely well. Internet browser in one to watch the draft, Excel in the other for Draft Buddy. If you don't have two monitors, then I would try to adjust the size and shape of the two windows to fit the screen as best you can. Keep the internet window on the most crucial part you need to see the picks go by, and resize Buddy down a bit. There will be more scrolling but I think this is still better than flipping windows.