Sign in to follow this  
redsrback

Demarco Murray

He doesn't have the massive Cowboys line protecting him.

He isn't doing anything the rest of that team isn't doing. It's hard to go through the motions in the NFL. It looks too much like quitting.

The coaching staff is doing to him the equivalent of making Spudd Webb play center for a bball team... It's pathetic how awful and stubborn this crummy coaching staff is by not using him the way they should be..

And now in keeper leagues Murray is gonna be a huge topic of discussion this August when a new coaching staff comes in and plans to use him correctly making him one of the most debated "will he be top 5 again" topics..

Yesterday was officially the final time I start Murray in 2015 and knowing I traded Lacy earlier in the year, then watching Lacy finally look 85% healthy vs the bears and do well makes me hate chump Kelly even more for how he has ruined Murray and hurt his fantasy owners across the land..

Here's to Rawls being a serviceable start and hopefully Ivory reclaiming his afc beast mode role from earlier this season to cushion the blow of having Murray collect dust on my bench from here on out...

Maybe if the Eagles get to 4-9 they ditch Kelly and someone comes in and runs him properly but with Kelly being the gm only Laurie could make that happen and at this point I just don't see him making that move yet...

• Like 1

Look at Murray's and Lynch's touches last season.

We, as fantasy players, should heed these warnings more.

Look at Murray's and Lynch's touches last season.

We, as fantasy players, should heed these warnings more.

well...we, as cowboys fans, warned everybody about this. we talked about the touches, and talked about how murray was not a special talent.

we were told to shut up.

well...we, as cowboys fans, warned everybody about this. we talked about the touches, and talked about how murray was not a special talent.

we were told to shut up.

I'm not sure Murray's difficulties this season are correlated to his workload last season. Running him exclusively out of that Mickey Mouse shotgun offense in Philly probably is one factor worth mentioning.

I'm not sure Murray's difficulties this season are correlated to his workload last season. Running him exclusively out of that Mickey Mouse shotgun offense in Philly probably is one factor worth mentioning.

he's healthy. You're right, last year's carries have nothing to do with it. Kelly isnt putting him in a position to succeed. It's unbelievable to think that Chip tried to acquire personnel that fits his system and he didn't know that Murray is a downhill runner and not a sideline to sideline guy.

he's healthy. You're right, last year's carries have nothing to do with it. Kelly isnt putting him in a position to succeed. It's unbelievable to think that Chip tried to acquire personnel that fits his system and he didn't know that Murray is a downhill runner and not a sideline to sideline guy.

The Chipster's usage of Sproles is mind boggling as well.

I agree also with your statement about Murray . I think Lynch is done . But I think Murray is still a player with time to shine on his side , but not in the Kelly system . Kelly will be coaching USC next season .

I think it's some of both: Too many touches last year, but Murray is also in the worst possible O for his skill set behind a patchwork OL. The irony is that Chip supposedly thought McCoy danced around too much. So he signs a downhill running and mainly seems to run him on sweeps out of the shotgun. :doh:

i completely agree that scheme and playcalling are involved, but it's difficult to ignore the twin trends of RBs at age 27 and RBs with 400 carries. while he (surprisingly) managed to avoid substantial injury in '14 and '15, the incredible number of touches is going to take a physical toll--one from which it may not be easy to recuperate. hits do long-term physical damage, not just short-term disability.

i think he still has the tools to be a good RB in the right system, but the body just degrades, especially when the guy in question is one of the most physical runners in the league.

I think it's some of both: Too many touches last year, but Murray is also in the worst possible O for his skill set behind a patchwork OL. The irony is that Chip supposedly thought McCoy danced around too much. So he signs a downhill running and mainly seems to run him on sweeps out of the shotgun. :doh:

Shady must've pissed him off bigtime. He's ran hard at times in Buffalo, though fighting off injuries. But now Matthews is hurt anyway. Can't help but think McCoy makes the Eagles a much better team. Big mistake. Wonder if or when Kelly might own that one.

Never Kelly won't own any of them . He depleted that team to run it his way and now he heading to the college ranks IMO .

They brought DeMarco in to run north-to-south and all they do is run the stretch plays.

The offensive line isn't athletic enough anymore to continually, and more importantly successfully, run those types of plays. Jason Peters is finally showing his age, the loss of Mathis killed the depth, and injuries have worsened the issue up front.

Additionally, Murray doesn't have top-end speed to break the runs outside. His entire usage this season has been beyond comprehension. He should be the bruising back running between tackles, while Mathews and Sproles stretch the defense.

I wouldn't touch this team with a 10 foot pole in a fantasy sense. They're toast.

They brought DeMarco in to run north-to-south and all they do is run the stretch plays.

The offensive line isn't athletic enough anymore to continually, and more importantly successfully, run those types of plays. Jason Peters is finally showing his age, the loss of Mathis killed the depth, and injuries have worsened the issue up front.

Additionally, Murray doesn't have top-end speed to break the runs outside. His entire usage this season has been beyond comprehension. He should be the bruising back running between tackles, while Mathews and Sproles stretch the defense.

I wouldn't touch this team with a 10 foot pole in a fantasy sense. They're toast.

Mathis is the #2 guard on the Pro Football Focus list.

Let's not forget how good Maclin was in that system.

Shipped out. And now that group stinks.

Let's not forget how good Maclin was in that system.

Shipped out. And now that group stinks.

I see this all the time and I don't understand why it keeps coming up. Jeremy Maclin was a free agent, and took more money than the Eagles were going to offer.

While the Eagles should have matched or topped that offer, I also feel that part of Maclin's reasoning for going to KC was not only Andy Reid, but to return home to Missouri. Regardless, Maclin's departure from the Eagles is completely different than DeSean, LeSean, Mathis, etc.

I see this all the time and I don't understand why it keeps coming up. Jeremy Maclin was a free agent, and took more money than the Eagles were going to offer.

While the Eagles should have matched or topped that offer, I also feel that part of Maclin's reasoning for going to KC was not only Andy Reid, but to return home to Missouri. Regardless, Maclin's departure from the Eagles is completely different than DeSean, LeSean, Mathis, etc.

people love to talk about Maclin's loss hurting Philly. But they fail to mention that he's been invisible in Kansas city. A huge failure and i'm sure KC would love to have that money back.

people love to talk about Maclin's loss hurting Philly. But they fail to mention that he's been invisible in Kansas city. A huge failure and i'm sure KC would love to have that money back.

If Maclin took a short term contract, he could've had inflated stats under Chip and gotten a MASSIVE payday.

I really think that the peripherals contributed towards his decision. Andy made a lasting impression for a lot of those guys.

i completely agree that scheme and playcalling are involved, but it's difficult to ignore the twin trends of RBs at age 27 and RBs with 400 carries. while he (surprisingly) managed to avoid substantial injury in '14 and '15, the incredible number of touches is going to take a physical toll--one from which it may not be easy to recuperate. hits do long-term physical damage, not just short-term disability.

i think he still has the tools to be a good RB in the right system, but the body just degrades, especially when the guy in question is one of the most physical runners in the league.

Murray's main issue this season, IMO, is the formation. This particular read option formation doesn't bode well for his running style. Yes, he ran out of this formation at Oklahoma, but that was eons ago. Since he's been in the league, he's adapted his running style to the one and two back set behind the QB. Murray was really effective in the one quarter against Washington when Kelly had Bradford under center. Kelly has done SQUAT to accommodate his players into his offense, nor has he adjusted the offense to fit the talent (and lack of ) of his personnel.

As an Eagles' fan, I was expecting a offensive genius as our coach. Instead, we've got a coach who truly offensive, especially his apparent disdain for how the game is played in the NFL. He truly is a fraud.

No one is saying to abandon the read option. But, mix it up. Give your guys a shot to do something within the game plan.

Murray's main issue this season, IMO, is the formation. This particular read option formation doesn't bode well for his running style. Yes, he ran out of this formation at Oklahoma, but that was eons ago. Since he's been in the league, he's adapted his running style to the one and two back set behind the QB. Murray was really effective in the one quarter against Washington when Kelly had Bradford under center. Kelly has done SQUAT to accommodate his players into his offense, nor has he adjusted the offense to fit the talent (and lack of ) of his personnel.

As an Eagles' fan, I was expecting a offensive genius as our coach. Instead, we've got a coach who truly offensive, especially his apparent disdain for how the game is played in the NFL. He truly is a fraud.

No one is saying to abandon the read option. But, mix it up. Give your guys a shot to do something within the game plan.

I seem to remember Foles having much success in the '12' offense they utilized a couple years back with the double tight end sets. Again, I cannot believe Philly fans haven't burned that clown's house down and run him out of town yet. That is truly a mystery to me. They'll boo Santa Claus, yet put up with this fool destroying their Eagles. Remarkable.

I seem to remember Foles having much success in the '12' offense they utilized a couple years back with the double tight end sets. Again, I cannot believe Philly fans haven't burned that clown's house down and run him out of town yet. That is truly a mystery to me. They'll boo Santa Claus, yet put up with this fool destroying their Eagles. Remarkable.

I don't know what Eagles fans you've been around, but I haven't met one, including myself, that is in any way,shape,or form happy about what's going on with that team.

Its called apathy. And its easily inheritable when the players of your favorite team show that they've quit already. The only thing Eagles fans right now care about is one thing:

Chip Kelly's status as GM. Lurie already went all in with Chip when he demoted Howie Roseman and said it was all a part of the plan.

If Lurie wants to allow Chip the time to deconstruct the roster and build it from scratch, it will result in some major dissention among the fanbase. Maybe up to the fire and pitchforks.

we were told to shut up.

We were also laughed at and told Philly "stole" Murray from us.... Well thank Gawd they did! The silver lining of this season is that it has exposed many areas of weakness on this team. Holes that would have been 10x more difficult to address if we had foolishly given Murray the deal Philly did - we'd be severely handcuffed cap-wise from making improvements.... Cuz we need all kinds of crap: linebackers, 2nd wr, safeties, corner for Carr, quarterback and running back.

The Eagles matching the offer should've been a no brainier. They had a WR who was excellent in the Chip system. Good team and locker room guy.

Chip could've matched. He's the GM.

Trust me, alot of fans want him out of town today. I think the only thing keeping his house from being burned down is that they're only a game out of first place in the division.

The team he had in the first year had two major components that he doesn't have today: Jackson as the vertical threat, and a stout offensive line. In all fairness, the middle of their offensive line sucks. It truly does. But, Chip the GM allowed the line to get that way, which really does limit what an offense can and cannot do.

His unwillingness to change and adapt is the reason I want him gone. He's not smarter than everyone else in the league.

I don't know what Eagles fans you've been around, but I haven't met one, including myself, that is in any way,shape,or form happy about what's going on with that team.

Its called apathy. And its easily inheritable when the players of your favorite team show that they've quit already. The only thing Eagles fans right now care about is one thing:

Chip Kelly's status as GM. Lurie already went all in with Chip when he demoted Howie Roseman and said it was all a part of the plan.

If Lurie wants to allow Chip the time to deconstruct the roster and build it from scratch, it will result in some major dissention among the fanbase. Maybe up to the fire and pitchforks.

And it's one thing to deconstruct a team to build your own roster, and another to do it while saddling the team with big money contracts. That is my fear, that he digs such a deep hole the team will never climb out of it. It was a total mistake to give Kelly the GM job, but it's ok because it chased away Roseman.

I'm one of the few who likes Bradford as the long term starter. I would not give him big money. Loaded incentive based deal. Because it doesn't make sense to invest in a QB if the organization won't invest heavily in an offensive line to protect him. They have alot of big decisions to make this off-season. Fletcher Cox and Lane Johnson will be coming to look for long term deals. They need a QB and to invest in the OL. Is Chip capable of doing it?

It frightens me to death.

The Eagles matching the offer should've been a no brainier. They had a WR who was excellent in the Chip system. Good team and locker room guy.

Chip could've matched. He's the GM.

In hindsight, they should have matched the offer because it would have prevented them from making an offer to Murray. The Eagles could have used their first round pick on an interior offensive lineman.

Also in hindsight, they have last year's first round pick, Marcus Smith, doing diddly squat. At that pick last year, they were slotted to pick Zack Martin, another building block interior offensive lineman.

Chip being the GM, yeah, I'm not confident in his ability to do the job properly.

Also in hindsight, they have last year's first round pick, Marcus Smith, doing diddly squat. At that pick last year, they were slotted to pick Zack Martin, another building block interior offensive lineman.

The Marcus Smith pick might go down as the worst first round draft pick I've ever seen from the Eagles. Even worse than Danny Watkins, or maybe even Jerome McDougle

We were also laughed at and told Philly "stole" Murray from us.... Well thank Gawd they did!

If the Cowboys still had Murray, they would have rode out the Romo injury much better. He was a great running back behind that line and in that offense. Don't let his average year in Philly make you forget how amazing he was last year. Without a passing game, and having to rely on average backs like Randle and McFadden is why they were winless. If they still had Demarco, they'd still have a good shot at the division. even with Romo out the rest of the way.

• Like 1

If the Cowboys still had Murray, they would have rode out the Romo injury much better. He was a great running back behind that line and in that offense. Don't let his average year in Philly make you forget how amazing he was last year. Without a passing game, and having to rely on average backs like Randle and McFadden is why they were winless. If they still had Demarco, they'd still have a good shot at the division. even with Romo out the rest of the way.

Correct but they decided to pay Dez

What a joke.. I can name 15 WR better than Dez before the start of this year

Emmitt Smith never ran for as much as Murray.

He had not a prow bowl line a hall of fame line.

Demarco ran for way more without a good line, but they pay Dez

This is the Struggles for cowboys fans and Jerry Jones

It's a Circus.

we were told to shut up.

you're wrong. The offensive line isnt as good as you thought. Murray is a great talent and the Eagles record is 3-1 should be 4-0 with that miami fluke loss when Murray gets the ball 20 times.

Murray showed whos house it was in Dallas

Sorry - not a chance.

Pretty sure Chip is a closet fan of an NFC East team not named Philly and wants to rip apart Philly from the inside.

Desean? Gone. Not bad, but Maclin? Gone. McCoy? Gone.

Utilize Sproles more in the screen/passing game? Naw.

Run Murray between the tackles? Naw, let's use shotgun and have him run 10 yards across the field before he gets the chance to cut it up.

Mathews the better fit for the offense? Naw, I chose Murray we have to play him, and we have to play him the ol' Chip way.