Sign in to follow this  
Fumbleweed

**Round Three & Four Commentary**

This next turn for me is key. So many quality players left that I'm struggling on which way to go.

Large tier of qbs still left. Not sure ill even take one next turn

Large tier of qbs still left. Not sure ill even take one next turn

Yes, but the bottom will eventually drop out on every position...even the deep ones. You and Vikes are taking a big risk passing on a QB in this round. Will it pay off? It could. We shall see.

Yes, but the bottom will eventually drop out on every position...even the deep ones. You and Vikes are taking a big risk passing on a QB in this round. Will it pay off? It could. We shall see.

I guess we see the quarterback pool differently . unless guys start taking a second quarterback before round 6 I actually see 0 risk

After the top 5 studs are gone, the next group of QBs are pretty similar, IMHO. It's not a position I'd take from the late 3rd to the early 5th (unless one of the studs fell).

I'd say that the next tier of QB's is about 4-5 guys deep. After that, I see a pretty significant drop-off in expected performance. That is going to leave (eventually) 2-3 guys with a QB that they are not all that excited about spending the rest of their FF season with. It will be interesting to watch.

ICEMAN

I'd say that the next tier of QB's is about 4-5 guys deep. After that, I see a pretty significant drop-off in expectated performance. That is going to leave (eventually) 2-3 guys with a QB that they are not all that excited about spending the rest of their FF season with. It will be interesting to watch.

ICEMAN

We see it the same way, ICE. But, White Wonder may see it deeper and if so, that's fine.

If you look at an ADP sheet we are barely off of it. This is another example of how ADP has changed drafting. Only two players left out of the Calculators top 41, and only one 5th rounder gone from the same measure.

VERY happy Colston survived the WR onslaught. I have him ranked ahead of 1/2 the WRs already taken. I think he's consistently one of the more undervalued WRs out there.

IMO Brees decides to comeback to NOS and gives a big FU to the league for Payton's punishment. He'll act as the coach on the field as normal and light it up again in 2012. Only this time he has a clear cut game-in game-out #1WR, with the other guy gone to SD. Along with teams having to cover Graham, Colston will improve on last seasons numbers. In 2011 he finished as the 11th WR in the No Hassle format and that was in only 14 games. His average was 7th, right there with Fitz. I'm looking at #6 or #7 WR overall this season. I'll take that mid-4th all day.

VERY happy Colston survived the WR onslaught. I have him ranked ahead of 1/2 the WRs already taken. I think he's consistently one of the more undervalued WRs out there.

IMO Brees decides to comeback to NOS and gives a big FU to the league for Payton's punishment. He'll act as the coach on the field as normal and light it up again in 2012. Only this time he has a clear cut game-in game-out #1WR, with the other guy gone to SD. Along with teams having to cover Graham, Colston will improve on last seasons numbers. In 2011 he finished as the 11th WR in the No Hassle format and that was in only 14 games. His average was 7th, right there with Fitz. I'm looking at #6 or #7 WR overall this season. I'll take that mid-4th all day.

i dont disagree with the pick but i will point out that the "other guy" who left wasn't the best "other guy" on the team.

now that i'm actually home.

Dez Bryant - was supposed to be my 4.1 but someone snagged Julio Jones :thumbsdown: . Great pick Vikes. I want Dez in this format because i think he is maturing and he is a double digit score guy in magic year 3.

Hakeem Nicks - changed my mind like 5 times on this pick. Knew I was going WR, didn't want a Dallas combo.... basically this is the WR version of my adrian peterson pick. If he can get back for the final pre season game and shake off some rust I think he has the ability for 1200-11. this is a guy who would have gone early 3rd if not for the injury. Also considered a WR not yet selected.

Trent Richardson, Adrian Peterson, Dez Bryant and Hakeem Nicks..... get me some tums.

i dont disagree with the pick but i will point out that the "other guy" who left wasn't the best "other guy" on the team.

That's debaitable as these two "other guys" stats were almost the same. I guess my point is the targets of the departed other guy won't go to the remaining other guy, they'll go to Colston.

That's debaitable as these two "other guys" stats were almost the same. I guess my point is the targets of the departed other guy won't go to the remaining other guy, they'll go to Colston.

if you loom at more than just last season, things look in favor of my "other guy" :P

I guess we see the quarterback pool differently . unless guys start taking a second quarterback before round 6 I actually see 0 risk

I agree with this. With 4 points per TD passing, I only see 4 QBs worth taking.....then you can wait till 6/7 round.

I still see some value in WR and RB out there in the 4th, hope one or two make it my way in the 5th.

Well, I'll check back later tonight, but I'll probably email fumble my 4th and 5th round picks if it hasn't gotten to me by tonight.

I thought about a WR in the 4th, but the value with taking Sproles was just too much to pass up. His ADP was much higher so easily a value pick in mid-4th round.

And, with McFadden as my RB I needed some certainty, not a rookie or new team member. He'll get me consistant points which is what I look for in a RB2. Now, if my RB3 can just wait until it gets to where I want to pick him....then my draft will be wonderful IMO!

Man, I was hoping Steve Smith would fall to me at 4.10. It was just a dream, I guess. Nice pick, RC. Very good value at this spot.

I thought about a WR in the 4th, but the value with taking Sproles was just too much to pass up. His ADP was much higher so easily a value pick in mid-4th round.

And, with McFadden as my RB I needed some certainty, not a rookie or new team member. He'll get me consistant points which is what I look for in a RB2. Now, if my RB3 can just wait until it gets to where I want to pick him....then my draft will be wonderful IMO!

if this was PPR i would have busted a nut to get sproles at 3.12

unfortunately i think he takes a massive hit in standard formats. 86 receptions last year

I have sent fumble my predraft list. Honestly, not very happy with what I will probably have at 5.2...but we'll go with the flow.

quality mock as always and have enjoyed following it even though i was quite busy at work today.................just a few thoughts

1st round went as expected....suprised that matthews/mcfadden/johnson went before MJD........they may actually have more upside but have far more ? marks.......cant even fault the two qbs in this format....they are suprisingly valuable........good to see my man trent richardson is well-thought of this quickly...he's the most talented alabama RB i have seen in my lifetime and i think he will be an elite nfl player if he can stay healthy

2nd round....don't like ADP this year but as a #2 back...he tore all 3 ligaments and its usually a two year recovery-it occurred in late december...im staying away...dont like the TEs this early in this format.........too much depth at this position.....woulda taken sjax or forte at 2.4...dont see a repeat of fred jackson this year based on age and possibly the backup......charles is just a year removed from the acl injury and they signed another guy that will hurt him.....like bradshaw and the qbs here in the 2nd

3rd- great value for wrs like fitz and AJ........dez bryant and julio,....sjax was another great pick

keep up the good work folks.......

wherefore art thou Ray Ray

E-mailed Ray about his pick and he will be here shortly...

I am stepping out for a little while, but I will be back soon.

If RLLD comes in right after this, feel free to call . . .

I am stepping out for a little while, but I will be back soon.

If RLLD comes in right after this, feel free to call . . .

He's coming soon...do you want to send me a quick 2-person list?

He's coming soon...do you want to send me a quick 2-person list?

:D

Pick made.

I was hoping that Sproles would continue to fall and reach me, but alas, someone snatched him from me

I am tepid on taking a QB here, but given that Vick represents the last of the higher scoring potential at the position, I had to go with him over the other options on my list.

I like my team a lot, but if I were going to trade it for someone else's team at this point, it would be Ray's:

Michael Vick

Jamaal Charles

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson

Seriously? Wow. What an explosive team. Who wouldn't want that????

I thought Vick should have been gone a long time ago and now I can finally say that. I look for a bounce back year from him and I think Ray got a huge steal on a guy that many will regret passing on earlier in this round. Just my opinion.

Give me a few minutes to get settled at work, then I'll pick. I've noticed most of my wants have been taken, so give me a bit to go through my list.

I like my team a lot, but if I were going to trade it for someone else's team at this point, it would be Ray's:

Michael Vick

Jamaal Charles

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson

I thought Vick should have been gone a long time ago and now I can finally say that. I look for a bounce back year from him and I think Ray got a huge steal on a guy that many will regret passing on earlier in this round. Just my opinion.

Thanks bruh.....

That Vick pick was tough to make (for me) as I am not a big fan of the guy, but he has played well since his return, from a fantasy perspective. Still, I had to listen to Promentory from Last of the Mohicans leading up to the pick to ensure I was in the right "place"

Not happy at all with my team. This is the first draft I can ever remember where every last player I had targeted ended up taken a few picks before me (other than Foster of course). Oh well.

I like the Jackson pick, where taken.

I see Jackson as a victim of his own stupidity in general, and moving to TB is not going to help him a ton. He is kinda like a Boldin #2 now, moving to a team that is not as pass happy as where he came from, is more likely to rely on a running game, and with a QB who will never put up stellar #'s, but can play well enough to win games.

I think Jackson continues his slow decline into obscurity, having ruined what could have been a truly spectacular career.

Michael Vick

Jamaal Charles

Calvin Johnson

Andre Johnson

His squad is structured like mine, in as much as we both need our RB's to come through, and will likely have to consider an early cuff or additional spending in that position real soon. His two WR's are top notch(un-matched) and his QB can light it up. This lineup does POP when read it! I really liked the pick of Martin by Fumble, and was hoping he might slide by, but Fumbles mantra has always been a set of young legs as his number two rb, and I predicted him falling here.

I have sent fumble my predraft list. Honestly, not very happy with what I will probably have at 5.2...but we'll go with the flow.

Do you have this Fumble??

His squad is structured like mine, in as much as we both need our RB's to come through, and will likely have to consider an early cuff or additional spending in that position real soon. His two WR's are top notch(un-matched) and his QB can light it up. This lineup does POP when read it! I really liked the pick of Martin by Fumble, and was hoping he might slide by, but Fumbles mantra has always been a set of young legs as his number two rb, and I predicted him falling here.

I was in a battle between Martin and Vick myself. Elected to wait it out and see what I can snatch later given the continued presence of falling talent, I like my chances.