Sign in to follow this  
Cruzer

**Golf Talk** thread

Yeah I have heard good reviews but no one in my group has ever had one.

I had an ogio about 10 years ago that I loved. Got another about 5 years ago that I hate. Wont buy an ogio now but one thing I liked is mine had 8 slots. They had a mix of levels and individual club slots. That is the best set up.

Others I see 14 slots or 4. Titleist with 5.

Durability and just overall setup would be my main things to weigh. The sun mountain 4.5lb comes with 14 slots. The 5.5lb does not. Not sure why.

I got the sun mountain 3.5, awesome bag... I'm left handed and always carried RH bags backwards, was a revelation actually getting one made for a LH...

Played another round at Esplanade in Naples; worst round I've played in 3 years. I think I made a mistake with these new grips. They're too large, and I'm not turning over the club head, especially on my driver. Pushed/cut every shot that I intended to draw. Lost more balls in this round than in the prior 7.

Played another round at Esplanade in Naples; worst round I've played in 3 years. I think I made a mistake with these new grips. They're too large, and I'm not turning over the club head, especially on my driver. Pushed/cut every shot that I intended to draw. Lost more balls in this round than in the prior 7.

In addition to the larger diameter being the culprit, weight is also a factor. Did you move from regular to midsize? Jumbo? A regular grip weighs about 50g. Larger grips obviously weigh more, and will throw off your feel if your sensitive to swingweight changes. Also, how much tape you build up the grip with has to be considered.

• Like 1

In addition to the larger diameter being the culprit, weight is also a factor. Did you move from regular to midsize? Jumbo? A regular grip weighs about 50g. Larger grips obviously weigh more, and will throw off your feel if your sensitive to swingweight changes. Also, how much tape you build up the grip with has to be considered.

Agreed.

Outside of the really, really strong/big guys and those who are older and/or weak (maybe arthritic) - I try and encourage people away from them. They are also reduce whip, which in turn is a speed killer.

Cbf - you play this weekend? I short-gamed my away around to a 74 Saturday.... But that 30 mph wind kicked my ass y-day..... 82, felt like 90 I was so tired and worn out from fighting that shiit.

Cbf - you play this weekend? I short-gamed my away around to a 74 Saturday.... But that 30 mph wind kicked my ass y-day..... 82, felt like 90 I was so tired and worn out from fighting that shiit.

I played Prairie Lakes. I actually managed the wind well, but yes I was quite worn out by rounds end.

I've been sick the last few weeks. When I'm hopped up on steroids, antibiotics, and cold/flu medicine, my putting always goes really bad. I get tingly fingers, twitchy nerves, and lose all my feel. Blowing 15 feet putts 10 feet by the hole, etc. It's dumb. I had 40 putts, whereas my average is 32-33. Shot a 90. Oh well.

I played Prairie Lakes.

I used to really enjoy P-Lakes... Do they still have 3 nines? I need to get back out there sometime... But it sure is a haul for me.

I had mid-sized tackymacks prior; I shouldn't have changed away from them. I got the latestgreatest Winn grips (forget the name) mid-sized that a friend had just had put on his clubs, and I liked the feel.

It feels like they put mittens over the shafts before they gripped these clubs though. YUUGE. :lol:

I used to really enjoy P-Lakes... Do they still have 3 nines? I need to get back out there sometime... But it sure is a haul for me.

Yes, they have three 9's still. And just as importantly, really good bbq.

It's a great complex, and the course is pleasant and challenging enough. That said, I've never felt like the course had a ton of character. The holes are unmemorable enough that I can't even really remember which holes are on which 9, and I've probably played out there 15 times.

I left my Bushnell Range Finder in the golf cart last week. FOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh shiit, that sucks man - sorry. :( ................. I don't guess anyone turned it in?

I have a bad habit of leaving stuff, especially after 27 holes (and what seems like 27 beers)....... I've really tried to be more aware of packing up of late.

• Like 1

Oh shiit, that sucks man - sorry. :( ................. I don't guess anyone turned it in?

I have a bad habit of leaving stuff, especially after 27 holes (and what seems like 27 beers)....... I've really tried to be more aware of packing up of late.

Me and a buddy finished two pitchers of beer then I headed back out. Apparently I don't need to drink heavily and golf.

I was looking to upgrade to from Bushnell V2 to one with Slope setting. Any recommendations?

Me and a buddy finished two pitchers of beer then I headed back out. Apparently I don't need to drink heavily and golf.

I was looking to upgrade to from Bushnell V2 to one with Slope setting. Any recommendations?

Higher end Leupold. Pricey though.

I'm not real familiar with any Slope models... I've just never needed it - my sense of feel just seems more natural to me.

I'm using the V3 now w/Jolt, love it.

• Like 1

I'm not real familiar with any Slope models... I've just never needed it - my sense of feel just seems more natural to me.

I was looking at those on Ebay. I haven't used the slope feature at all and probably don't need it.

Thanks

I use the same one. Love it. Not having slope has never bothered me even once.

And not to get off topic, but I believe allowing range finders on tour to be a no brainer for speeding up play. I consider it a given that the guys will get the correct yardage 99% of the time, so why not just admit that and let them do it faster.,

And not to get off topic, but I believe allowing range finders on tour to be a no brainer for speeding up play. I consider it a given that the guys will get the correct yardage 99% of the time, so why not just admit that and let them do it faster.,

I hold tradition strong and true..........but this is 2018, and parts of the game have evolved - it's time to accept and move on with some of it.

And besides, have you seen an actual tour yardage book these guys get? They even have detailed, diagramed, sheets on the contours of the greens - I doubt seriously Old Tom Morris would consider this part of the fabric of the game... Plus, like you said - I don't see how this doesn't help speed up play.

Budget about $300 or less. I looked at some Leupolds but probably going Ebay for that; not new.

I'd call the Bushnell HQ in Kansas..... They recently replaced my water damaged V3 with a refurbished one - only cost me $100.

They might be willing to cut you a deal, on a device that's been inspected and certified - can't hurt to check.

I'd call the Bushnell HQ in Kansas..... They recently replaced my water damaged V3 with a refurbished one - only cost me $100.

They might be willing to cut you a deal, on a device that's been inspected and certified - can't hurt to check.

I don't have that big of a gripe with slow play. They pan to who is ready anyway.

I think range finders would speed it up. But I doubt by much at all. They still shoot the yardage then discuss with the caddy for however long anyway.

I'm not opposed to it happoening but it really isn't much of a deal to me.

I had mid-sized tackymacks prior; I shouldn't have changed away from them. I got the latestgreatest Winn grips (forget the name) mid-sized that a friend had just had put on his clubs, and I liked the feel.

It feels like they put mittens over the shafts before they gripped these clubs though. YUUGE. :lol:

I dont get the love for Winn grips. Everyone Ive used has worn very quickly. Just give me a GP tour wrap and Im good.

I dont get the love for Winn grips. Everyone Ive used has worn very quickly. Just give me a GP tour wrap and Im good.

Yeah I never have either. I don't like a soft grip. And their firmer ones are pricey. They all wear out twice as fast.

I am trying to re-grip my clubs more often than I used to.

Ditto........ Even when new, they feel awkward and way too soft. Then when they get a bit gritty, slick as hell.

Dude...........you focking rock. I called them (http://bushnell.com/factory-outlet) and unfortunately (or fortunately) they didn't have any refurbs or demos. They did have brand new V4 Shift with Slope for $199 + shipping.

Same one at Golf Warehouse:

https://www.tgw.com/bushnell-tour-v4-shift-pp-rangefinder?utm_source=google_PPC&utm_medium=PMD+-+Dynamic+Search+Ads&utm_campaign=Dynamic+Search+Ads&utm_content=&mkwid=sM0akmach&pcrid=86894574783&site_id=W8873&mtype=b&devicetype=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw6mBj5Hs2AIVm0wNCh33Cg-3EAAYAiAAEgKFyvD_BwE

Dude...........you focking rock. I called them (http://bushnell.com/factory-outlet) and unfortunately (or fortunately) they didn't have any refurbs or demos. They did have brand new V4 Shift with Slope for $199 + shipping.

Same one at Golf Warehouse:

https://www.tgw.com/bushnell-tour-v4-shift-pp-rangefinder?utm_source=google_PPC&utm_medium=PMD+-+Dynamic+Search+Ads&utm_campaign=Dynamic+Search+Ads&utm_content=&mkwid=sM0akmach&pcrid=86894574783&site_id=W8873&mtype=b&devicetype=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw6mBj5Hs2AIVm0wNCh33Cg-3EAAYAiAAEgKFyvD_BwE

:thumbsup:

Weatherman golf Umbrella

Anyone seen these? I just saw them on the GC, they're at the PGA Merchandise show......... These look pretty cool. They're wind tested up to 50 mph and have pockets for your scorecard/glove, etc.. sewn right inside.

https://weathermanumbrella.com/collections/shop-umbrellas?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI47bW5I7x2AIVAq1pCh2XMgjGEAAYASAAEgKUDfD_BwE

I left my Bushnell Range Finder in the golf cart last week. FOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a brand new one for sale :)

Lamkin crossline. The older version was-is my go to. Have to find them on ebay now though

:cry:

I was looking to upgrade mine so getting the V4 Slope one for $200 was good.

Yeah. I don't think the one I have does slope and it supposedly retails for roughly what you paid.
  • Like 1

Lamkin crossline. The older version was-is my go to. Have to find them on ebay now though

Another good one. Modern grips just dont blow my skirt up. Pure grips are about the only one that has come close.

Anybody do their own grips? Compressed air and painters tape is the way to go. I havent used double sided tape in years.

Anybody do their own grips? Compressed air and painters tape is the way to go. I havent used double sided tape in years.

havnt in a while but ive never done anything aside from strip the old, quick double sided tape off a roll, pour some solution in the grip, swoosh it around, pour it out of the grip and over the butt end of the shaft where the tape is and apply the grip.

havnt in a while but ive never done anything aside from strip the old, quick double sided tape off a roll, pour some solution in the grip, swoosh it around, pour it out of the grip and over the butt end of the shaft where the tape is and apply the grip.

I guess since Im an admitted club ho, I actually change out grips quite regular and do it for beer/liquor for buddies. It saves quite a bit of headache not using sticky tape. Also, grips are immediately playable.

I do mine and a lot of my buddies too... I've tried the compressed air way, just wasn't for me.. I do the old fashion way, tape and thinner.. But I don't use the whole strip kind, I use the roll kind, snake wrap it around the shaft. You don't need all that tape on there, a bit will do, as long as it goes all the way up.

I guess since Im an admitted club ho, I actually change out grips quite regular and do it for beer/liquor for buddies. It saves quite a bit of headache not using sticky tape. Also, grips are immediately playable.

sounds like cruzer does it the same as me although I dont snake wrap the tape. I use a tape roll and rip off a piece of desired length, lay it along the shaft, wrap it under on both sides and sort of pinch/fold the top at the butt of the shaft.

I've never tried compressed air and painters tape but I never felt like double sided tape and solvent was too time consuming in any way and I've never needed to play immediately after regripping.

if you do compressed air and painters tape, is it easy to fiddle with the grip a little bit afterward if you were slightly off on the alignment? I always liked that after putting a grip on, if I was a little off of where I wanted it, I could easily slide it a little before letting it dry.