Sign in to follow this  
Fireballer

Disappearance of Mollie Tibbets-Iowa

https://whotv.com/2018/08/02/tibbetts-family-hopes-reward-inspires-someone-to-do-the-right-thing-and-bring-mollie-home/

I didnt see a thread on this yet. This is becoming intriguing. For those that dont know, theres a 20 year old college girl missing from Iowa. Its been 2 weeks. Evidently the boyfriend is ruled out, as is voluntary disappearance. Random encounter with a predator? Kinda reminds me of what happened to two college girls in Charlottesville a few years ago. I always talk to my teen girls about this stuff to basically make them paranoid of strangers in real life and online. Any Iowa geeks got a more in depth local view of this?

• Like 1

Yeah this is about 15 minutes from my hometown. About an hour from me now.

They said they possibly spotted her in Missouri with a truck driver. just didn't seem plausible that a trucker would get off the interstate and drive into this tiny town and just happened to pick this house where she was dog sitting not even at her house, abduct her, throw her back in the semi truck and then roll back out of town. I think this idea got dismissed yesterday.

I don't know what happened but the parents Behavior strikes me as odd. Usually the parents are inconsolable but these guys act like she just ran away.

Cyclone, give the girl back. I knew it was you when I saw the headline last week. We all knew.

Well.... I did mention that I've been here less lately. (Shrug)

Yeah this is about 15 minutes from my hometown. About an hour from me now.

They said they possibly spotted her in Missouri with a truck driver. just didn't seem plausible that a trucker would get off the interstate and drive into this tiny town and just happened to pick this house where she was dog sitting not even at her house, abduct her, throw her back in the semi truck and then roll back out of town. I think this idea got dismissed yesterday.

I don't know what happened but the parents Behavior strikes me as odd. Usually the parents are inconsolable but these guys act like she just ran aw

:ninja:

I don't know what happened but the parents Behavior strikes me as odd. Usually the parents are inconsolable but these guys act like she just ran away.

I have read a couple of the stories, but haven't followed close enough to have an opinion on the parents behavior.

That said.....as a parent, I'd probably try telling myself she just ran away also, as the alternative means she is most likely dead. I have to imagine my mind would play all kinds of tricks on itself in order to convince myself there is still hope.

Cyclone, give the girl back. I knew it was you when I saw the headline last week. We all knew.

All the talk of stretching carpet in his basement did seem a bit fishy. :ninja:

• Like 1

All the talk of stretching carpet in his basement did seem a bit fishy. :ninja:

Haha...gotta cover that damn hole back up.

Last I saw they were searching near a hog farm that they searched a few days back. Hog farmer said that the other day authorities interrogated him for two hours. Sounds like they haven't ruled him out. Hog farmer has two stalking convictions I believe.

Also my understanding was that the town is not very far off the interstate at all. She'd been out jogging, but likely made it back to the house. Maybe someone stalked her back and then waited til later.

So the truck driver angle didn't seem too far out to me.

Lots of kids have been disappearing in Iowa this past month.

She was dead within 3 hours. Will find her wrapped up in a carpet somewhere. Thats how all these things end.

She was dead within 3 hours. Will find her wrapped up in a carpet somewhere. Thats how all these things end.

Unless it was the pig farmer. Then she's already been eaten by the pigs. Surprised these guys haven't figured out not to abduct and murder white girls. No one would give a shït if she was a minority.

Surprised these guys haven't figured out not to abduct and murder white girls. No one would give a shït if she was a minority.

How do you know thats lots of them havent?

Dead or chained up in some psycho's basement or sex slave in some foreign country.

Unless it was the pig farmer. Then she's already been eaten by the pigs. Surprised these guys haven't figured out not to abduct and murder white girls. No one would give a shït if she was a minority.

They're a lot harder to abduct in the dark

Last I saw they were searching near a hog farm that they searched a few days back. Hog farmer said that the other day authorities interrogated him for two hours. Sounds like they haven't ruled him out. Hog farmer has two stalking convictions I believe.

Also my understanding was that the town is not very far off the interstate at all. She'd been out jogging, but likely made it back to the house. Maybe someone stalked her back and then waited til later.

So the truck driver angle didn't seem too far out to me.

It's hard to explain but I would have been surprised at this angle. A large semi driving through a tiny little town would have been like the Macy's day parade coming.

Still something seems off to me about this. The parents Behavior and why is this one such a big story? There are missing people all the time.

It's hard to explain but I would have been surprised at this angle. A large semi driving through a tiny little town would have been like the Macy's day parade coming.

in the 50s maybe. There are so many. Big rig drivers its insane.

Still something seems off to me about this. The parents Behavior and why is this one such a big story? There are missing people all the time.

Pulling off for a pit stop, running into a convienence store, etc. Unless it is more of a trek off the interstate than some of the coverage suggested.

I do think the hog farmer/a local is more likely.

Most people who go missing do so under different circumstances, where there's not a clear high probability from the start that they were abducted by someone with ill intent. If she was an attractive, middle - upper middle class minority female, college student, big immediate plans in her life, very typical life story that most middle class + (news consumers) can relate to, I think it would still be a big story. It's a combination of her typical-ness and just vanishing.

A somewhat younger white girl in CA was abducted in broad daylight a couple years back, there's actually witnesses, and the initial abductor was killed by police, I think the day of the abduction, but she remains missing. She was lower socioeconomic. It was a story here but not too much national attention.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I think she set out to the northeast to look for Maura Murray. :ninja:

• Like 1

Yeah Brooklyn is right off the interstate but you still have to drive a ways to get to the town. And even once you've gotten to the town anywhere a truck would typically stop is closest to the interstate. Then you get into the residential area. So a semi in that area would have been a pretty big red flag or quite noticeable.

Now could she have jog her way out to this convenience store area where a truck might have been? Absolutely. But I still don't think it's some random truck driver that just luckily picked this house and took her from it. Which is what the evidence seems to be pointing to.

Lots of kids have been disappearing in Iowa this past month.

It sure seems like it but according to the data it's pretty comparable to most years. It just seems that we are finally hearing more about it and more people are spreading the word on social media. Seems I can't go a day without seeing someone share an article about kid that's missing. Amazing how many people go missing every day in the US.

It sounds like there's a decent chance it was someone who saw her out jogging and watched where she went back to and waited til night/early AM. Logistically cumbersome for a truck driver for sure. Hog farmer with a history of stalking is a solid candidate.

The Daily Mail has an article up now, based on an interview with her mom who doesn't believe she ever returned from the jog. She offers a lot of reasons why. I thought it was firmed up that she did because of using her laptop for homework later that night. Her mom says investigators can't say for sure when it was used though.

See, this is where I almost give women a pass for all the other bullshyt they get away with.

I can't imagine everyday wondering about or worrying about whether some demented lonely ass fuktard is going to kidnap rape and kill me.

That's messed up man.

• Like 1

The hog farmer has consented to full search of property but had declined polygraph. I understand the principal here if your innocent, but it would be huge for investigators to pretty much rule him out.

The hog farmer has consented to full search of property but had declined polygraph. I understand the principal here if your innocent, but it would be huge for investigators to pretty much rule him out.

Well and it's always interesting how they land on certain people. like if someone said it was a white male in their forties they just aren't banging on every 40 year olds door in town. There's a reason why they knock on your specific door.

Guy may not be involved but they're certainly some sort of history that made the knock on his door for sure.

I don't think it's a hog farmer.

I mean, it's not like he planted hog seeds and watered them.

I would never consent to a polygraph. There's a reason they are inadmissible in court.

Yeah pigpen maybe be guilty but take that BS polygraph to the psychic tent

I would never consent to a polygraph. There's a reason they are inadmissible in court.

I took one for a job once. They missed when I lied and then said I was lying when I told the truth. Never again.

Well and it's always interesting how they land on certain people. like if someone said it was a white male in their forties they just aren't banging on every 40 year olds door in town. There's a reason why they knock on your specific door.

Guy may not be involved but they're certainly some sort of history that made the knock on his door for sure.

He was the one with stalking charges I believe.

Usually it's the corn farmers who are involved in the stalking.

• Like 3

oh okay I didn't know that. I kind of tuned it out a little bit because we are just bombarded with it here

I took one for a job once. They missed when I lied and then said I was lying when I told the truth. Never again.

That's interesting.

Did you inquire or ask or anything regarding the part where it said you lied when you told the truth?

Did you get the job? If that happened to me, and I didn't get the job...I'd tell them straight to their face....(exactly what you said) "Here is how I KNOW its it is useless....YET you are trusting to hire/not hire people. ....." It would be interesting to see what they'd say.