Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Good letter explaining why we are in this mess

Former NFL player and Green Beret, Nate Boyer wrote an open letter to Trump, Kaepernick and others. Seems like he hit the nail on the head. Lots of this crap going on here at the Geek Club as a microcosm of society (albeit a twisted microcosm).

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21003968/nfl-2017-ex-green-beret-nate-boyer-writes-open-letter-president-donald-trump-colin-kaepernick-nfl-united-states-America

Simply put, it seems like we just hate each other; and that is far more painful to me than any protest, or demonstration, or rally, or tweet. We're told to pick a side, there's a line drawn in the sand "are you with us or against us?" It's just not who we are, or at least who we're supposed to be; we're supposed to be better than that, we're Americans. This doesn't even seem to be about right or wrong, but more about right or left.

Today it feels like this national divide isn't even really about the anthem, or the flag, or kneeling, or sitting, or fists in the air. It's not about President Donald Trump, it's not about Colin Kaepernick, it's not about the military, or even police brutality. It feels like it's about winning. That's what makes America so great, our sheer competitiveness. We're winners, and we won't quit until victory is ours.

the nascar guy?

I honestly don't see a mess. I see the press inciting the people from every angle. But not something I think about at all during the day.

• Like 1

I honestly don't see a mess. I see the press inciting the people from every angle. But not something I think about at all during the day.

Every discussion has one side wanting to win. You can blame the press, but the President himself is an example of someone that starts the discussion on Twitter regularly by looking to sh!t on "the other side".

Every discussion has one side wanting to win. You can blame the press, but the President himself is an example of someone that starts the discussion on Twitter regularly by looking to sh!t on "the other side".

I try to listen to Trump's BS the same amount as Obama's BS, which is to say, as little as possible. Obama was as divisive as Trump, the left just didn't notice it. Now they are all surprised by it.

I try to listen to Trump's BS the same amount as Obama's BS, which is to say, as little as possible. Obama was as divisive as Trump, the left just didn't notice it. Now they are all surprised by it.

Exactly!! Remember Obama's quote...."Elections have consequences".

You guys really need to smarten up a bit. You're dragging this country down :thumbsdown:

You guys really need to smarten up a bit. You're dragging this country down :thumbsdown:

This is the attitude that is bringing this country down.

I for one absolutely noticed Obummer making fun of the disabled, insulting POWs, taking shots at the wives of his political rivals and going on full retard Twitter meltdowns. :mellow:

This is the attitude that is bringing this country down.

What attitude? This is a thread about the need to step aside from inane partisan squabbling and you guys immediately jump to... inane partisan squabbling.

Some people are trying to figure out how to fix this mess we're in. But then there are people like you and Timmy Smiff and many other posters here who just want to drag the country further down into the dumps.

It's not 'til you folks are widely discredited that things improve, imo

Outside some of the major sh!thole cities, Trump has his finger on the pulse of America hence the reason he was elected.

Who the fock wants to see a small segment of the populace (and certainly not the entire NFL) complain they're oppressed by racism in the same breath they're scolding us about our privilege?

I hope the NFL keeps it up so 2018 and 2020 will be a lock.

I for one absolutely noticed Obummer making fun of the disabled, insulting POWs, taking shots at the wives of his political rivals and going on full retard Twitter meltdowns. :mellow:

Missed most of that. Did catch him focking the middle class for 8 years and incessant race baiting, which basically got Trump elected. So there's that.

• Like 1

Missed most of that. Did catch him focking the middle class for 8 years and incessant race baiting, which basically got Trump elected. So there's that.

Not that Trump has ever done any race baiting of his own. :mellow:

Dude face it, even according to the low standards set by the last 3 presidents before him Trump has acted like an undignified ass clown his entire time in office. It's embarrassing.

This thread seems to have devolved into a trump verse obama who is winning/losing thread with the participants being the same people who denied the OP's article.

Not that Trump has ever done any race baiting of his own. :mellow:

Dude face it, even according to the low standards set by the last 3 presidents before him Trump has acted like an undignified ass clown his entire time in office. It's embarrassing.

To claim that America just got divisive is horse manure. Plus we aren't really. It's just in the press' and politician's interests to make it look that way.

This thread seems to have devolved into a trump verse obama who is winning/losing thread with the participants being the same people who denied the OP's article.

It's like they're determined to prove his premise

To claim that America just got divisive is horse manure. Plus we aren't really. It's just in the press' and politician's interests to make it look that way.

I didn't claim that America just got divisive. I do think that it is unprecedented for the POTUS to actively encourage that divisiveness and behave in such a classless, immature, undignified manner.

You can chalk it up to the media or liberals etc but there's a reason members of Trump's own party are calling him a moron and saying the WH is an adult day care.

Social Media

Social media and the internet in general is definitely a root cause. What to do about it though?

Social media and the internet in general is definitely a root cause. What to do about it though?

Find an adult and they'll ask you to ignore it. Just like people did for hundreds of years.

While this sounds very eloquent, I don't buy it. I mean, I get wanting the country to be unified. But the hard truth is that this whole BLM movement is bullsh*t. The statistics don't show them being killed at a higher rate than other races by cops. I totally believe that police are too quick on the trigger but I believe that applies to ALL races. If you ask black people for specific examples of the racism they experience, if you even get an answer most of the time it's such a ludicrous example Dr. King would have laughed in their face. And then you have incidents like the Michael Bennett one where he flat out lied to play the race card. I find a LOT more racism coming from the black side than I do the white. So now I'm supposed to act like the black side has a valid point and we should all sit down and talk about it? How about they just STFU and live their lives. And maybe spend some time trying to get their house in order so single black Mom's don't feel compelled to cook their babies for dinner.

:dunno:

• Like 1

I just think there are a lot of really dumb people, on both sides, with really strong opinions on really unimportant things.

Social media has given these morons a voice, inciting more morons to get riled up over things that affect almost nobody...like transgender bathrooms.

• Like 1

:dunno:

Over the course of a term or 2 you can pull out a handful of these gaffes from any president on either side of the aisle.

Trump does or says something even more retarded seemingly 4-5 times per week. I reached fatigue sometime in like February.

There's a reason members of his own party call him a moron and the WH an adult daycare, and it's not media bias.

Over the course of a term or 2 you can pull out a handful of these gaffes from any president on either side of the aisle.

Trump does or says something even more retarded seemingly 4-5 times per week. I reached fatigue sometime in like February.

There's a reason members of his own party call him a moron and the WH an adult daycare, and it's not media bias.

I'm not going to defend Trump and I agree with your assessment,. Just than the reaction of other GOP officials who have never been Trump supporters, The entirety of Congress pretty much is made up of Jeb! style insiders that never liked Trump in the first place, they fear him much more than they like him.

Our orange overlord ran on hatred and divisiveness and struck a cord with about 35% of the country. Enough to get him elected (although getting soundly beaten in the popular vote). And since he knows he's not going to gain any new supporters, his objective isn't to govern the country, it's to appease his base. This just makes the divide deeper. Worst thing that's happened to this country since the great depression.

I'm not going to defend Trump and I agree with your assessment,. Just than the reaction of other GOP officials who have never been Trump supporters, The entirety of Congress pretty much is made up of Jeb! style insiders that never liked Trump in the first place, they fear him much more than they like him.

That's true and you're right, part of the reaction to Trump is just panic from Washington insiders who resent seeing him crash their party.

On the other hand Trump doesn't do himself any favors by behaving like an undignified juvenile ass clown at every turn so he's certainly earned the reaction he gets.

What attitude? This is a thread about the need to step aside from inane partisan squabbling and you guys immediately jump to... inane partisan squabbling.

Some people are trying to figure out how to fix this mess we're in. But then there are people like you and Timmy Smiff and many other posters here who just want to drag the country further down into the dumps.

It's not 'til you folks are widely discredited that things improve, imo

Good post.

But, discrediting isn't going to help. How do I know? The justification for the Iraq war has been completely blown wide open as a sham. Ask 9000 Amuricans who claim to be 'patriots' or another 9000 who claim to be 'politically aware'. Find out how many have even heard of 'curveball'. - How many still believe every word of Colin Powell's bullshiit show to the UN.

If you discredit people - prove to them that what they believed in most fervently was/is total crap -they only strike back. This bored proves that. They attack the messenger, they play the 'what about the other guy' - whatever. It's basically the mentality of a 5 year old. And we're NOT getting any smarter, more informed or more mature. Think about it - never before in human history has information been available at our fingertips in the volume it is today. Has it helped? Hell no. If anything, we are far more ignorant -and willingly so.

Last, we are a nation that has had 275 mass shootings this year alone. Hell, we can't even agree on THAT. - But if you look at many of them - it's shootings of complete strangers. THAT's how pissed

off so many people are.

We are the most fortunate country in the world - and the most pissed off at 'slights, disagreements and injustices' most in the world would absolutely LOVE to have as their biggest problems.

So, where's it end?

We're headed to where parts of Europe and places like Singapore have already arrived; Constant surveillance and it is flat-out illegal to say or do anything that would offend anyone in any way.

And BOTH 'sides' drove that train.

Good post.

But, discrediting isn't going to help. How do I know? The justification for the Iraq war has been completely blown wide open as a sham. Ask 9000 Amuricans who claim to be 'patriots' or another 9000 who claim to be 'politically aware'. Find out how many have even heard of 'curveball'. - How many still believe every word of Colin Powell's bullshiit show to the UN.

If you discredit people - prove to them that what they believed in most fervently was/is total crap -they only strike back. This bored proves that. They attack the messenger, they play the 'what about the other guy' - whatever. It's basically the mentality of a 5 year old. And we're NOT getting any smarter, more informed or more mature. Think about it - never before in human history has information been available at our fingertips in the volume it is today. Has it helped? Hell no. If anything, we are far more ignorant -and willingly so.

Last, we are a nation that has had 275 mass shootings this year alone. Hell, we can't even agree on THAT. - But if you look at many of them - it's shootings of complete strangers. THAT's how pissed

off so many people are.

We are the most fortunate country in the world - and the most pissed off at 'slights, disagreements and injustices' most in the world would absolutely LOVE to have as their biggest problems.

So, where's it end?

We're headed to where parts of Europe and places like Singapore have already arrived; Constant surveillance and it is flat-out illegal to say or do anything that would offend anyone in any way.

And BOTH 'sides' drove that train.

I mean the people engaging in the 5 year old crap and the what aboutism and all that should be discredited -- not what they believe.

Let em believe whatever insane bullsh1t they read on Breitbart or whatever cause du jour is making its way around liberal social media. I don't care.

But what we shouldn't do is give them any credence because they've proven they lack any semblance of critical thinking skills.

Hopefully there's enough reasonable people left in the country that we can band together and run things while the discredited fling poo against the wall in their cages -- if not, then yes, we are focked.

I just think there are a lot of really dumb people, on both sides, with really strong opinions on really unimportant things.

Social media has given these morons a voice, inciting more morons to get riled up over things that affect almost nobody...like transgender bathrooms.

:first:

That's it.