Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Gordon Hayward goes down

Terrible.. Really liked the Celtics to upset the Cavs this year..

Sucks, nasty nasty injury.

I'm half watching the game as I'm on the phone with my daughter wondering why everyone is acting like something terrible just happened so I rewound it.

I wish I hadn't.

What a terrible loss for the Celtics. Game 1.

Looked like his ankle was dislocated more than a break. Its bad but maybe not as bad as it looks.

Meh...tib/fib. At least it stayed in the sock. Tib/fibs look so bad because of the misdirection of the foot when it happens. The injury site of a closed tib/fib just kinda looks lumpy.

Ive seen a bunch of open fracs in that area. Its weird how fresh human bone is the whitest of whites. Kinda like a fresh Hanes tshirt right out of the package.

Meh...tib/fib. At least it stayed in the sock. Tib/fibs look so bad because of the misdirection of the foot when it happens. The injury site of a closed tib/fib just kinda looks lumpy.

Ive seen a bunch of open fracs in that area. Its weird how fresh human bone is the whitest of whites. Kinda like a fresh Hanes tshirt right out of the package.

You a serial killer?

Fractured ankle, will depend on if the ligaments went as well.

Tendons.

And I can't see how they wouldn't have

The ankle is a joint and you can't fracture a joint. I'm interested to know what actual bone he fractured.

I think the best one I've ever seen was a man on a motorcycle who got his leg caught in the wheel during an accident. He had the shaft of the fibula snapped at both ends and resting horizontally. All-time classic CT.

Tendons.

And I can't see how they wouldn't have

Hopefully those are ok as well, both exist in an ankle.

HTH

I think the best one I've ever seen was a man on a motorcycle who got his leg caught in the wheel during an accident. He had the shaft of the fibula snapped at both ends and resting horizontally. All-time classic CT.

Damn! So the entire bone was held in by just some flesh? Im wondering how I woulda stabilized that in the field. Cool.

Fock, just rub some dirt on it and get back in there Nancy.

• Like 1

Damn! So the entire bone was held in by just some flesh? Im wondering how I woulda stabilized that in the field. Cool.

Needless to say, a phone call to OR to prepare for an amputation was quickly made.

Needless to say, a phone call to OR to prepare for an amputation was quickly made.

In typical Boston fashion, the ticker at half on the Boston local telecast said that "Hayward unlikely to return for the second half" :lol: :cry:

Didn't watch.

Happened to hear it live on the radio on my way home. I only listen to sports talk

No thanks.

remember that scene in Private Ryan where the guy looks down at his blown-off arm, picks it up, and runs away with it?

It was almost like that, except it was Gordon's leg, so he couldn't run away with it.

Watching the guy sit there, looking at himself and processing just how gravely he was injured, was unsettling.

Focking Lebron. Another cheap shot :thumbsdown:

Mess with the Bull, you get the Horns.

that was Michael Jordan - the greatest basketball player in the history of ever.

Only Lebron would dare cheap shot a white player in the most racist city in America.

Can't believe he made it out of the garden alive.

remember that scene in Private Ryan where the guy looks down at his blown-off arm, picks it up, and runs away with it?

It was almost like that, except it was Gordon's leg, so he couldn't run away with it.

Watching the guy sit there, looking at himself and processing just how gravely he was injured, was unsettling.

:thumbsup:

What a pussie. He could have crawled away with it.

:thumbsup:

I really do believe if he had been unconscious, it would have been better... i.e. leg breaks dramatically, he's KO'd, and when he wakes up, help and care is all around him... it's those split seconds where he sits there alone, isolated, and completely broken... and he's just staring at the horror of it... pretty awful.

'tis but a scratch, just a flesh wound, I've had worse!

• Like 1

The teenager with the sweat mop should have shuffleboarded him off the court

• Like 1

Only Lebron would dare cheap shot a white player in the most racist city in America.

Can't believe he made it out of the garden alive.

I agree that Cleveland is the most racist city.