Sign in to follow this  
Cdub100

You are not allowed to boycott Isreal

https://www.algemeiner.com/2018/06/29/israel-anti-boycott-act-approved-by-house-foreign-affairs-committee/

The House Foreign Affairs Committee unanimously approved on Thursday a bill targeting boycotts of Israel, setting the legislation on a path to a full vote in the House.
The Israel Anti-Boycott Act — a bipartisan bill sponsored by Representatives Peter Roskam (R-IL) and Juan Vargas (D-CA) — would require the president to update federal regulations so as to prohibit compliance by American companies with international attempts to boycott the Jewish state.
The text of the bill, originally introduced in 2017, specifically cites the notoriously anti-Israel United Nations Human Rights Council’s effort to “blacklist” companies operating in Israel as a primary motivation for the legislation.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speech/rights-protesters/new-israel-anti-boycott-act-still-unconstitutional

The revised Israel Anti-Boycott Act, amended by Sens. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Rob Portman (R-Ohio), does contain several significant improvements from the original draft. For example, the bill now makes clear that Americans cannot be imprisoned for their boycott participation. It also provides that speech critical of Israel cannot be used to open an investigation against an individual or as evidence that the person violated the law. These changes alleviate some of the gravest dangers posed by the bill.

This is a great great idea.

My grandfather died at Auschwitz.

He fell out of the guard tower. :banana:

• Like 3

This is a great great idea.

My grandfather died at Auschwitz.

He fell out of the guard tower. :banana:

Joke of the year! Well played sir. :thumbsup:

Interesting. Not sure why one would choose to boycott Israel in the first place. :dunno:

How do you get a Jewish girls number?

Roll up her sleeve.

G0ddamn it. Sooo not supposed to laugh at this...but cracked up

Interesting. Not sure why one would choose to boycott Israel in the first place. :dunno:

Does it matter? The fact that it's illegal seems weird to me. Why does Isreal have these kind of protections in the United States? You can boycott Canada, mexico, France, but not Isreal or the United States Government will punish you

Boycotting Israel, or calls for it, is prevelant on college campuses

Does it matter? The fact that it's illegal seems weird to me. Why does Isreal have these kind of protections in the United States? You can boycott Canada, mexico, France, but not Isreal or the United States Government will punish you

It's not weird. It's insane. :wacko:

Whats the purpose of this law? Seems like a clear violation of the First Amendment.

Israel sure does conflict the left. The purpose of an anti-Israel boycott is to prevent International Companies with pro-palestine agendas from affecting the operations of U.S. companies in Israel and elsewhere. I am uncertain if the 1st amendment even applies.

Israel sure does conflict the left. The purpose of an anti-Israel boycott is to prevent International Companies with pro-palestine agendas from affecting the operations of U.S. companies in Israel and elsewhere. I am uncertain if the 1st amendment even applies.

And when you attack the 1% you may as well say the Jews.

So what does that have to do with a school teacher in Texas? Why does she have to swear loyalty to Isreal?

So what does that have to do with a school teacher in Texas? Why does she have to swear loyalty to Isreal?

If a Texas company can't get a project in Germany (Or maybe even Oklahoma) unless they promise to divest in Israel, that's a problem for Texans.

If they can fall back on U.S. law, it may give them leverage.

I am going to boycott Israel. I will not travel there next year or do business with them. :bandana:

If a Texas company can't get a project in Germany (Or maybe even Oklahoma) unless they promise to divest in Israel, that's a problem for Texans.

If they can fall back on U.S. law, it may give them leverage.

What?

Remember the grievance scale, it applies here......the holocaust and historical anti-semitic stuff suggests that Israel needs this kind of protection. There no logic in play on this stuff.....ever.

Remember the grievance scale, it applies here......the holocaust and historical anti-semitic stuff suggests that Israel needs this kind of protection. There no logic in play on this stuff.....ever.

To boycott stuff is American, to demand others boycott under threat is not. This is a path we are headed down, unless something is done.

"the first bill to be considered – S.1 – is not designed to protect American workers, bolster U.S. companies, or address the various debates over border security and immigration. It’s not a bill to open the government.

...it gives state and local governments explicit legal authority to boycott any U.S. companies which themselves are participating in a boycott against Israel. As the Intercept reported last month, 26 states now have enacted some version of a law to punish or otherwise sanction entities which participate in or support the boycott of Israel, while similar laws are pending in at least 13 additional states."

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/05/u-s-senates-first-bill-in-midst-of-shutdown-is-a-bipartisan-defense-of-the-israeli-government-from-boycotts/

"the first bill to be considered S.1 is not designed to protect American workers, bolster U.S. companies, or address the various debates over border security and immigration. Its not a bill to open the government.

...it gives state and local governments explicit legal authority to boycott any U.S. companies which themselves are participating in a boycott against Israel. As the Intercept reported last month, 26 states now have enacted some version of a law to punish or otherwise sanction entities which participate in or support the boycott of Israel, while similar laws are pending in at least 13 additional states."

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/05/u-s-senates-first-bill-in-midst-of-shutdown-is-a-bipartisan-defense-of-the-israeli-government-from-boycotts/

Dumb

Israel have way too much power. Second strongest lobby in Congress. Not to mention the White House has had a Jew from Goldman Sachs in the White House in every Administration for the last 70-plus years.

I Remember reading an article on the Israel lobby. The spokesman said laughing out loud the whole time "yeah, anytime anybody opposes anything that we support we just label them an anti-semite! Works like a charm every time!"

Sound anything like the rainbow coalition to you guys?

I never understood the historical reasons for hating Jews just because they're Jews. But I have a real problem with anyone group having that much power in the United States. Especially a group that is such a small part of our population.

We are basically Israel's biitch. And if you think about it, if anybody should be it should be Germany.

We've been fighting Israel's wars in the Middle East while they sit back and do what now?

this legislation is the most egregious example of Israel owning Congress I've ever seen. But of course, it's anti-semitic to say so.

Israel have way too much power. Second strongest lobby in Congress. Not to mention the White House has had a Jew from Goldman Sachs in the White House in every Administration for the last 70-plus years.

I Remember reading an article on the Israel lobby. The spokesman said laughing out loud the whole time "yeah, anytime anybody opposes anything that we support we just label them an anti-semite! Works like a charm every time!"

Sound anything like the rainbow coalition to you guys?

I never understood the historical reasons for hating Jews just because they're Jews. But I have a real problem with anyone group having that much power in the United States. Especially a group that is such a small part of our population.

We are basically Israel's biitch. And if you think about it, if anybody should be it should be Germany.

We've been fighting Israel's wars in the Middle East while they sit back and do what now?

this legislation is the most egregious example of Israel owning Congress I've ever seen. But of course, it's anti-semitic to say so.

Israels political clout is due mostly to Evangelicals / Christian zionists lobbying on its behalf. Most American Jews are less reflexively supportive of Israel than evangelical Christians.

Second strongest lobby in Congress? Who are they in front of, the banks, Wall Street or oil?

Israels political clout is due mostly to Evangelicals / Christian zionists lobbying on its behalf. Most American Jews are less reflexively supportive of Israel than evangelical Christians.

That came right out of your ass. We'll start with Sheldon Addelson

Second strongest lobby in Congress? Who are they in front of, the banks, Wall Street or oil?

Depends who you ask. But the typical consensus is that the overall insurance lobby is stronger. ARP used to be up there, but not as much anymore.

The Israel lobby is called the aicpa.

Wait, I think that's for certified public accountants.

Something like that.

one a true story that demonstrates their power? When Obama was running for president, he refused to wear a flag pin. But when he showed up at one of their lunch ends? Then if he wasn't wearing one of their pins.

The whole fund a Christian, jus connection cracks me up. As I recall, they believe that they have to partner up in order for some prophecy to come true. But that prophecy involves one group or the other burning in a lake of fire and being destroyed. Still, everybody holds hands and plays as long as they want the Bible to be right. I think I would opt out of that particular Cult.

The whole fund a Christian, jus connection cracks me up. As I recall, they believe that they have to partner up in order for some prophecy to come true. But that prophecy involves one group or the other burning in a lake of fire and being destroyed. Still, everybody holds hands and plays as long as they want the Bible to be right. I think I would opt out of that particular Cult.

You guys buy whatever you're told.

Middle of the Eagles playoff game and this is what this chump is doing. Big fan.