Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

*** OFFICIAL Chiefs / Raiders TNF Game Thread***

I also forgot Carrs throwing pinkie was broken. I would have probably benched Cooper knowing these frigid temps would not work, but it doesn't matter, I'm going to lose again anyways.

Who,is the back up qb for Oakland?

Matt McGloin, who is actually pretty decent in situations like this. Dunno why they don't call him in.

Connor Cook is inactive tonight (as per usual).

Who's Oakland's backup QB? Has to be better than Carr with the pinkie issue and these cold temps...he completely blows tonight. Not sure why he just lobs passes up in the air, no way they will be completed.

Who's Oakland's backup QB? Has to be better than Carr with the pinkie issue and these cold temps...he completely blows tonight. Not sure why he just lobs passes up in the air, no way they will be completed.

Matt McGloin, who is actually pretty decent in situations like this. Dunno why they don't call him in.

Connor Cook is inactive tonight (as per usual).

McGloin has often been a gamesaver in these instances. : /

You have to sack up and run on 3rd and one. Or at least don't throw a Hail Mary.

Kc did all they could to be useless for an hour on offense and blow this game. But their d and Oakland's Raiderness means kc wins anyway.

McGloin has often been a gamesaver in these instances. : /

Fuckin Del Rio could have won coach of the year if he put McGloin in and won. But he really isn't that good of a coach imo. A lot of lucky wins. Lats Murray is obviously their best rb, yet he tried to hard to put lesser talented guys in to start the year. Better rb = better production per play correct? Seems easy to me.

Plus he doesn't feature Cooper. I think it's pretty dumb on his part.

I can see Ware not being on any of my teams next year.

Basically, no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still swine. (Thursday Night football)

I know they were billing it as 'The most important game of the season!1!!", but it was, at its core, a team with an injured QB traveling on a very short week, to play in crappy conditions.

I can see Ware not being on any of my teams next year.

Had to take him when I lost my mind during the draft and picked Charles. Yea terrible start for my playoff game and yes I hate playing someone Thursday nights

His price may be too high. It's definitely not for a lack of talent

Yeah. I don't know. 734 yards and 3 TDs rushing with only 27 receptions for another 395 and 2 TDs after 12 games just doesn't excite me.

Take out weeks 1 and 6 where he went 201/2 rushing and a 9/161/0 receiving line, and you've got 533/1 and 18/234/2 over 10 games.

That's 76 total yards per game and THREE TDs across 10 games.

That's ungood.

The dude has had a TWO games season. If you wanna toss in the fluke game of 2 TDs against ATL where did nothing without the TDs, then 3 good games, out of 12.

Again, ungood.

Yeah. I don't know. 734 yards and 3 TDs rushing with only 27 receptions for another 395 and 2 TDs after 12 games just doesn't excite me.

Take out weeks 1 and 6 where he went 201/2 rushing and a 9/161/0 receiving line, and you've got 533/1 and 18/234/2 over 10 games.

That's ungood.

The dude has had a TWO games season. If you wanna toss in the fluke game of 2 TDs against ATL where did nothing without the TDs, then 3 good games, out of 12.

Again, ungood.

I agree with this but my other choices were Riddick or Starks so had to hope for a couple of short TDs tonight and may be more involvement in the passing game in a full PPR. It is what it is drafted him in the 12 round this year but wouldn't draft him high even if Charles is done next year.

That's ungood.

Again, ungood.

Yeah overall stats wise it's not. But its tied to usage. He is a good rb

As a Tyreek owner and playing against the KC kicker, this Thursday game was electric.

Fuckin Del Rio could have won coach of the year if he put McGloin in and won. But he really isn't that good of a coach imo. A lot of lucky wins. Lats Murray is obviously their best rb, yet he tried to hard to put lesser talented guys in to start the year. Better rb = better production per play correct? Seems easy to me.

Plus he doesn't feature Cooper. I think it's pretty dumb on his part.

Who cares who wins Coach of the Year? Are you related?

I agree with this but my other choices were Riddick or Starks so had to hope for a couple of short TDs tonight and may be more involvement in the passing game in a full PPR. It is what it is drafted him in the 12 round this year but wouldn't draft him high even if Charles is done next year.

I had hoped for / expected at least one TD vs that sub-average Oak D, but he didn't deliver. Watching last night, I'm beginning to wonder if he can create enough on his own to be elite. Right now, what I'm seeing, is, at best a Doug Martin type. He'll get yards, once in a while he'll bust off a nice run, but mostly he's a get what's given back.

Was that Derek Carr out there last night.....or David???

That's ungood.

Again, ungood.

In 16 games, your 10 game stats (even taking out his great games which is kinda dumb) would translate to over 1200 all-purpose yards and about 5 TD's. Yes that's not spectacular and he's been a bit disappointing after the hype started especially in this game but at those numbers he'd probably still be in the RB2 conversation.

On another note, I am liking the KC DST + Hill combo!

Nice hack job out of collinsworth blaming the guard last night. They ran for over a 100 and Carr didn't get sacked. I don't think the guard was the big problem. Carr and his stone hand WR's lost that game. But why call out the guy you built up all pre-game when a back up offensive lineman is handy?

• Like 1

Who cares who wins Coach of the Year? Are you related?

The Del Rios resent your flippancy!

For reals I bet $10 on Del Rio to win $180 for coach of the year.

That game was all on Carr and puts to bed the MVP talk.

Great win by KC.

That game was all on Carr and puts to bed the MVP talk.

It may put to bed more than that... The Raiders look noticeably uncomfortable playing in the cold. Wrs were dropping balls left and right, guys looked timid - I'm not sure this team can win in January.

The Del Rios resent your flippancy!

For reals I bet $10 on Del Rio to win $180 for coach of the year.

Ohhh, gotcha. You still got a shot!

let's go Ravens :banana:

Looked for a post of you spiking the football, but this will do.

Props to KC, they have our number and have had it. This game was about a young team learning the ropes, all teams have nights like this. I'll put it in Carr's lap though. Bad reads, bad decisions, bad throws he had the hat trick. Again, a lesson for a young up and coming QB. Manning, Brady, Rodgers... they've all had these games. To his credit he stepped up post game and owned it- didn't blame the dislocated finger or the weather or some TV cable. The kid has heart.

I recommended starting him because seriously you can't predict games like this. He looked out of sync from the get-go. Obviously not having Osemele mattered. Specifically on the first play from scrimmage when Chris Jones treated his 7th rd rookie replacement like a blocking dummy and jack hammered Carr.

I like the way the team as a whole went out on their shields. Outside of Carr, some drops by WRs, and a stupid decision by our normally solid punter this team looked good. But it all starts with Carr.

I actually think the performance SOLIDIFIED the MVP argument in that his performance is so valuable to this team. He now has a package of four or so plays he can switch into at the LOS on each down, and has been operating at this level for weeks. Blame play calling all you want, Carr could've changed ANY of those plays at the LOS.

Like Oakland's chances from here, I actually think they'll win out. Those that know the team are aware how important Mario Edwards Jr is, and he's back practicing. We expect Aldon Smith to be reinstated this week. Couple both these facts with how the defense played Thursday night, and this Raider team will be tough to beat down the stretch. I'd go all in fantasy-wise with all Raiders right now.

I was getting annoyed with post game analysis wondering why Carr struggled so bad and was it because of this or that, or was it a big moment that freaked him a bit... It was his damn pinky finger. Nothing more. I don't know how much more obvious it had to be.

I was getting annoyed with post game analysis wondering why Carr struggled so bad and was it because of this or that, or was it a big moment that freaked him a bit... It was his damn pinky finger. Nothing more. I don't know how much more obvious it had to be.

Nah, a little more than that Nuts. He made bad reads, poor decisions, he just looked a little jumpy. Did the cold affect his decision making? Maybe.

I think he'll hit the tape, learn from it, become better from it. Like all great young QBs do.

I sound like a homer, but I love this Raider team's outlook now. The play of the defense was a huge development.