Sign in to follow this  
cotarice12

Week 14 Waiver Wire Wr's?

Hopefully your rosters are in great shape as we head into the playoffs this week, but if not, who are the wide receivers out on the wire that could help you win in week 14?

Looking at the leagues I am in and what else may be out there, here are what I see as some of the better options that might help. If you have others please add to the list, and give thoughts about some of these guys. Hopefully the board can help one another advance to the next round. This is a bunch of dice rolls, but if you are looking here, that's where you're at.

Ginn - at home against San Diego He's been hot lately.

M. Mitchell - he's still available in one of mine. At home vs. Baltimore (at Denver week 15) He or Hogan are likely to see Jimmy Smith a bunch this week.

Hogan - home vs. Baltimore (You'd think one of he and Mitchell, but which one?)

Britt - home vs. Atlanta. Not sexy, but the matchup is quality.

Maclin - dropped in many leagues. at home vs. Oakland on Thursday night.

T. Hill - may show up on the wire this week after bust last week. How does Maclin's return impact him?

Garcon - @Philly (may be decent against a struggling team that will likely be without Reed)

Lockett - @GB Had a big game last week, but fluky. Packers vulnerable to big plays.

Thielen - @ Jax (I'd call him a poor man's Landry, but he's been better than Landry)

Landry - home vs. Arizona (dropped in one of my leagues. could be decent out of slot this week)

La Fell - @Clev. great matchup, but how much of Haden will he see?

Inman - @Carolina Has been scoring lately.

M. Floyd - @Miami Scored last week, and the matchup is solid, but tough to trust.

Gabriel - @Rams Could be worth the flier with Julio and Sanu banged up.

That's what I see that might be out there for this week. What do you all think?

• Like 1

Nice write up and analysis, amigo.

Is Maclin definitely coming back?

Out of all these guys, Mitchell and Lockett seem better. I'm not sure about Inman until I know more about TWilliams. If he is managing his shoulder injury better, I might not be as hot for Inman. But, he has been looking good too.

Snow forecasted in Green Bay keeps me from grabbing Lockett. Could be another Rawls game plan.

Already got Mitchell in my lineup, worried about Julio though... got Britt on my bench and him vs Hill/Adams/Cobb/Beasly would probably be my replacement. Damn turf toe.

I'm going with Britt on one team as a flex play.

Like his matchup.

Inman is penciled into my flex for now. He's passed benjamin and with williams banged up I like his chances for solid production ROS esp with thier schedule.

Inman is penciled into my flex for now. He's passed benjamin and with williams banged up I like his chances for solid production ROS esp with thier schedule.

I agree with this and keep hoping the will shut Williams down for the season, just so I don't have to sweat it like last week watching him put up a zero all game long before getting lucky with a TD and one extra pass. 2 rec doesn't cut it in the playoffs.

I have Britt and ginn starting this week at wr and flex I think. I picked up ginn, Gabriel, and Inman since Aj went down(also have Hilton who I start every week) and just picking based on Matchups.

What do you guys think about Gabriel? With Sanu out and Jones hurting could he be a big play guy? Right now I'm considering Mitchell, Smith and Gabriel for a spot.

Sanu is out and Jones sounds like he's in bad shape.

Gabriel should be in for a good amount of targets based on that alone.

What do you guys think about Gabriel? With Sanu out and Jones hurting could he be a big play guy? Right now I'm considering Mitchell, Smith and Gabriel for a spot.

I like Gabriel a lot this week. He has that Tyreek Hill explosiveness that can win you a week. He's been the #10 WR in fantasy over the past 5 weeks. He gets around 5 targets per game normally, and I'd expect that to go up to around 8 on Sunday vs. the Rams.

I'm trying to decide flex starter between Kenny Britt (facing the 32nd ranked Falcon passing defense) and Gabriel. Leaning towards Gabriel since I don't have a lot of confidence in Jared Goff.

In one league I picked up Britt as a possible flex. I'm deciding between him and Sammy Watkins there.

I have Desean Jackson and Gabriel on my roster now in another league (we start 3, and I have Evans as my #1), and I'm still waiting for info as to whether Mathieu is out for Arizona this week. If he is, I like Landry this week. If he's back I think I am looking at LaFell, Ginn or Inman.

Hill had a big 1st half last night, and finished with 6 for 66 and a score. I dropped him before the game because I decided I couldn't trust him. I'm brilliant.

My WR corps is a mess. I have Robinson, Moncrief, Snead, and Matthews. (Green out)

I'm looking for 1 of 3 things, maybe all 3:

1) A WR with a good QB (Brady, Brees, Rivers)

2) Targets

3) Schedule

I'm liking Inman with Rivers at QB and a nice schedule.

I was looking at Mitchell. He's gone.

I think I'm sticking with Snead because of Brees and Moncrief because of Luck.

Garcon with Cousins might be decent.

If Jones plays, I like Gabriel quite a bit. If Jones is out I think it hurts Gabriel because they don't have any other threats at receiver so they can roll coverage his way. Atlanta will just run more and throw to the backs more often. We need Jones out there as a decoy.

I think with both Jones and Sanu out Gabriel should eceive targets.

And that could lead into production.

If Jones plays, I like Gabriel quite a bit. If Jones is out I think it hurts Gabriel because they don't have any other threats at receiver so they can roll coverage his way. Atlanta will just run more and throw to the backs more often. We need Jones out there as a decoy.

I agree with your analysis, Cotarice.

Nice assessment.

I'm grabbing Michael Floyd because my opponent has Palmer and Jordy. I don't want him benching Jordy due to the blizzard, grabbing Floyd and killing me with one of those bananas Floyd games he throws out every year and I lose in the first.

Actually considering starting Floyd at Miami this week over Sanders. Sanders has been almost as bad.

So, Floyd might be a sneaky waiver grab.

Think Sanders might have a good game this week vs the Titans.

Think Sanders might have a good game this week vs the Titans.

Yeah, the titans have been awful. But so have the Dolphins and it would really have a huge impact on my matchup if Floyd has a big game and I start him. I have Sanders for now. If its raining in a Miami it makes the decision easier.

Good luck with your choices this weekend.

Thanks for the reply.

Well, we still have the two Patriots out there tomorrow night, but here's how the list did:

Hogan/Mitchell - ? (Mon. night)

Britt - 7 for 82

Maclin - bust 1 for 16 (I don't think we were considering him given his being out a month).

T. Hill - 6 for 66 1TD, plus the return td

Garcon - 5 for 59 1TD

Lockett - 4 for 41, 2 carries for 15 yards

Thielen - 4 for 101

Landry - 4 for 103 with a fumble

La Fell - weather bust, 3 for 22

Inman - 6 for 71 1TD

M. Floyd - bust, 2 for 18

Gabriel - 3 for 82 1TD

Plus DeSean Jackson hit, for those who grabbed him this week. (3 for 102 1TD)

• Like 1