Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Brady has lost IT

Hopefully you are right and gets them to the Super Bowl where they hopefully win...

So, you're an Atlanta Braves fan and a Pats fan?

So, you're an Atlanta Braves fan and a Pats fan?

I hate the Pats... I just hate the Steelers more and I want them to get to six Super Bowl titles so the Steeler fans can quit with the "we have six titles" crap... It doesn't have to be the Patriots, the 49ers and Cowboys would work as well...

Though they all forget that there were NFL titles before the Super Bowl...

parrot, on 17 Dec 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

Followed closely by Jameis Winston and Ryan Fitzpatrick. So if you're saying it's a meaningless stat that you may not want your QB to rank highly in we're in total agreement. :thumbsup:

No single stat is a magic bullet.

I was just using it to point out that Tom Brady is not throwing the ball very far downfield anymore. You tried to use the wrong stat to prove that he was throwing the ball downfield and I simply provided the correct stat.

Although he did a kick a$$ job of kicking father time in the balls.

Father always wins.

No single stat is a magic bullet.

I was just using it to point out that Tom Brady is not throwing the ball very far downfield anymore. You tried to use the wrong stat to prove that he was throwing the ball downfield and I simply provided the correct stat.

I never claimed he was "throwing the ball downfield" at least not in any way that was out of the norm. He's always been pretty middle of the pack that way.

But I don't know what you mean by "Tom Brady is not throwing the ball very far downfield anymore." His career average Y/A is 7.5 and he's been above that number the last four seasons. His last 3 seasons he has averaged 8 and hasn't been below his career average for 4 years. And just for reference most of the more successful QBs of recent history - Manning, Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, all fall in that 7.5 - 8.0 Y/A window career-wise. It's almost like you don't want your QB chucking the ball 20 yards downfield every other play. :dunno:

I never claimed he was "throwing the ball downfield" at least not in any way that was out of the norm. He's always been pretty middle of the pack that way.

But I don't know what you mean by "Tom Brady is not throwing the ball very far downfield anymore." His career average Y/A is 7.5 and he's been above that number the last four seasons. His last 3 seasons he has averaged 8 and hasn't been below his career average for 4 years. And just for reference most of the more successful QBs of recent history - Manning, Brees, Ryan, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Rivers, all fall in that 7.5 - 8.0 Y/A window career-wise. It's almost like you don't want your QB chucking the ball 20 yards downfield every other play. :dunno:

You are talking yards per attempt, that does not justify throwing the ball down the field. Dumping the ball off to James White gets you 8.6 yards per attempt which inflates his total even though it is most likely a very short throw.

The stat i linked to shows yards that a ball travels through the air, not yards per attempt.

What's Bradys wins stat comparison?

:dunno:

Extremely good, but we are not talking about that.

You patriot fans are some of the most defensive ever. God forbid someone mentions something that is not even all that negative about your golden boy.

You patriot fans are some of the most defensive ever. God forbid someone mentions something that is not even all that negative about your golden boy.

hows that defensive

It's the most important stat there is.

Sounds like you're the defensive one.

Tilt!

Worst part is he's seeing ghosts in the pocket. He knows the end is near and isn't willing to take hits for his douche head coach that tried to trade him and gronk.

Looks like Belichick was right again,

At least a couple of those throws at the end we're off because he was more concerned about getting down and not taking a hit than he was with completing the pass.

I guess when you're trying to launch a diet that supposed to keep people healthy, you can't risk that by taking hits.

Brady's passer rankings the last three years:

2016: 2nd

2017: 3rd

2018: 15th

Yards per attempt?

2016: 2nd

2017: 4th

2018: 23rd

Completion percentage?

2016: 5th

2017: 5th

2018: 12th

Touchdown percentage?

2016: 3rd

2017: 5th

2018: 8th

INT percentage?

2016: 1st

2017: 3rd

2018: 26th

Yards per completion?

2016: 6th

2017: 8th

2018: 28th

Passing yards?

2016: 4th

2017: 1st

2018: 20th

Winning percentage?

2016: .916

2017: .812

2018: .600

I weigh wins very heavily. It’s one of my main arguments when debating Favres legacy. 16 games and 10 win lock for an absurd amount of years. So even in Brady’s decline, as long as he’s still leading his team to wins, he should be out there.

You are talking yards per attempt, that does not justify throwing the ball down the field. Dumping the ball off to James White gets you 8.6 yards per attempt which inflates his total even though it is most likely a very short throw.

The stat i linked to shows yards that a ball travels through the air, not yards per attempt.

I understand what yards per attempt shows, I also understand that your stat is three years old so it's not much good for career trends, like when you claim Brady isn't "throwing the ball very far downfield anymore". But going by your pet stat; Brady was twelfth in Intended Air Yards last year and that was with guys like Stanton, Kizer, Savage, Garoppolo, and Wentz in front of him. So he was comfortably top 10 among full time starters and the only big name guys ahead of him were Wilson and Roethlisberger. Brees was dead focking last. Brady also led the league in yards, BTW.

Understand the context and history; for years RLLD has been saying how Brady plays in a "high school offense" where all he does is throw check-downs, and talks about how any QB could do what he does. It's a dumb, false claim not borne out by any of the numbers, as I hope you recognize. Regardless, if pointing out dumb, false claims that people make repeatedly makes me "defensive", I'm okay with that.

parrot, on 17 Dec 2018 - 1:04 PM, said:

I understand what yards per attempt shows, I also understand that your stat is three years old so it's not much good for career trends, like when you claim Brady isn't "throwing the ball very far downfield anymore". But going by your pet stat; last year Brady was twelfth in Intended Air Yards last year and that was with guys like Stanton, Kizer, Savage, Garoppolo, and Wentz in front of him. So he was comfortably top 10 among full time starters and the only big name guys ahead of him were Wilson and Roethlisberger. Brees was dead focking last. Brady also led the league in yards, BTW.

I was shocked that Brees was so far down the list, and if Brady was top 10 last year in that stat then he probably still does chuck the ball down the field more than what people think.

I am not attacking Brady and in fact my first post only mentioned Josh Allen and what I believed to be the correct stat for your argument.

I was shocked that Brees was so far down the list, and if Brady was top 10 last year in that stat then he probably still does chuck the ball down the field more than what people think.

I am not attacking Brady and in fact my first post only mentioned Josh Allen and what I believed to be the correct stat for your argument.

I hate the geek club, why did i get dragged into a pissing match i care nothing about.

:thumbsup:

I am not... I have watched some of his possessions in various games and a lot of his passes are bubble screen this, quick slant that, etc... It seems a lot of the NFL is like that now...

Eagles broke Tommy Pigtails, and edjr. :( :first:

Troll gonna troll.

2008: Brady is done!

2009: It's the end for Brady Belichick

2010: Pats are done!

2011: Brady is done!

2012: Pats Dynasty is over!

2013: Brady is Done!

2014: Brady is done!

2015: Pats are done!

2016: Brady is Done!

2017: Brady is Done!

2018: Brady is Done!

2019: Brady is Done!

2020: Brady is Done! See, I called it! I KNEW it! I told ya!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just remarked that his final throws werent near anywhere anyone could catch it.

His touch was terribad when he needed it the most

I remember everyone was bummed out when Montana retired. I don't think it will be the same for Brady.

I remember everyone was bummed out when Montana retired. I don't think it will be the same for Brady.

There are some real good young QBs in the AFC. They should easily fill the void

There are some real good young QBs in the AFC. They should easily fill the void

That's not what I'm talking about. There was a sentimental feeling when Montana left. Elway too.

yeah Montana didnt ruin as many hopes for so many fans as long as Brady did.

Sour

yeah Montana didnt ruin as many hopes for so many fans as long as Brady did.

Sour

That's not it. Montana and Elway ruined plenty.

Of course people will be bummed when Brady retires. Love or hate the Pats, it's exciting watching greatness. Who knows when we will ever see a dynasty like this again. It's almost impossible in today's NFL

That's not what I'm talking about. There was a sentimental feeling when Montana left. Elway too.

Montana more than Elway. I liked Montana, but didnt like horse face.

That's not it. Montana and Elway ruined plenty.

not as long its bradys longevity and 9 yes focking 9 super bowl appearances that has crushed many fans..especially in the AFC.

I can understand the bitter envy that permeates the board.

Has to suck for them.

Of course people will be bummed when Brady retires. Love or hate the Pats, it's exciting watching greatness. Who knows when we will ever see a dynasty like this again. It's almost impossible in today's NFL

I agree. The Pats and Brady brought the excitement. I'm just saying that he won't be thought of like Montana and Elway.

I agree. The Pats and Brady brought the excitement. I'm just saying that he won't be thought of like Montana and Elway.

ofcourse not, he's well above them on the greatest totem pole now.

ofcourse not, he's well above them on the greatest totem pole now.

Montana was the greatest when he left and he was revered

Montana was the greatest when he left and he was revered

different times

With the advent of social media, jealousy and envy have replaced common sense and respect for greatness.

Different worlds

Brady is a weirdo cheater.

Thats why everybody loves Big Dik Nick. 🍆 🏆

As long as Belichick and dante scarnecchia stick around the dynasty will continue.

Yup. So played out too. Forced.

Brady threw for 505 yard, 3 TDs 0 interceptions and a 115 qb rating in that game.

Only clueless idiots would think Brady "lost" that game.

You can tell when guys know nothing of the game and werent exposed to it until late in adulthood.

You know, the comic book type.

Brady threw for 505 yard, 3 TDs 0 interceptions and a 115 qb rating in that game.

Only clueless idiots would think Brady "lost" that game.

You can tell when guys know nothing of the game and werent exposed to it until late in adulthood.

You know, the comic book type.

And also the try hard, I'll be a fan to fit in type.