Sign in to follow this  
fhiter27

Draft tonight! | Unique Yahoo PPR league | $40 thru L/S | Small rosters, IDP, no K

Short version:

Details in the title. League link: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/2927/invitation?key=f86354a2963b5a9a&ikey=27df6fec19f647ed

If you're interested, join the league and I'll send you the L/S link. Draft is set for 8:00 PM EDT tonight! Planning to draft with 8-14 paid teams.

Long version:

This league is a continued experiment from last year of what I've dubbed "Formation Football."

Almost every offensive formation in football contains at least five offensive linemen; what makes the formation unique is the positions of the remaining six players.

Likewise, almost every defensive contains at least three defensive linemen, one linebacker, and three defensive backs; what makes the formation unique is the positions of the remaining four players.

This league is modeled after the Pro Set offensive formation (1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE) the 4-3 defensive formation (1 DL, 2 LB, 1 DB). The players you have on your team are players you might expect to see together on the field at the same time in the given formations.

Formation football is unique in that it offers a fresh but uncomplicated approach to fantasy. Many leagues that try to do something "new" in the fantasy realm end up being overly complicated, because so much has already been done that it's hard to do something new. Formation football solves this problem by simplifying instead of complicating -- the small rosters challenge owners to make smart choices, but also allow for less time to be spent managing one's team.

Last year, my experiments were with a Heavy offensive formation (1 QB, 1 WR, 2 RB, 2 TE) and a Hail Mary offensive formation (1 QB, 4 WR, 1 WR/RB/TE), and the leagues were successful. This is the first time I've experimented with defensive formations. I'm looking forward to the added dynamic.