Sign in to follow this  
titans&bucs&bearsohmy!

*** 80's Song Draft *** Completed

Should have went 66 rounds. :thumbsdown:

What do you and your ice fags listen to when you're blowing each other in your hut?

What do you and your ice fags listen to when you're blowing each other in your hut?

:first:

:IBTL:

And We Danced = the Hooters

At least they're represented but I just had to go with All You Zombies when deciding between the two.

As mentioned above, Pink Houses, Hells Bells were both on my list but I went a different direction. Also:

Metallica - Sanitarium

Genesis - That's All

The Who - Eminence Front

A bit more distant:

Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al (Chevy Chase in that video cracks me up)

Foreigner - Urgent
A couple I genuinely love but found too obscure for this:
REM - The Wrong Child and World Leader Pretend.

American Soviets = C.C.C.P.

Boy = Book of Love

And We Danced = the Hooters

In Your Eyes = Peter Gabriel

How the fock did I miss in your eyes? One of my favorites.

I was also surprised that only one police song was picked. Considered Roxanne or message in a bottle a few times.

Like i said earlier, we couldve went twice the number of rounds and still would have been picking great tunes. It wouldve took til Christmas but still :D

I was also surprised that only one police song was picked. Considered Roxanne or message in a bottle a few times.

If I went with Peter Gabriel, personally it would have been Games without Frontiers

In San Diego on 91X, every lunchtime they had a segment called Stranded on a desert Island, where you had to pick 3 songs you couldnt live without. I always submitted Message in a Bottle, not cause I liked it, but because if I was stranded thats what I would hope

Did I win?

Well, now the regular season begins. :thumbsup:

If I went with Peter Gabriel, personally it would have been Games without Frontiers

In San Diego on 91X, every lunchtime they had a segment called Stranded on a desert Island, where you had to pick 3 songs you couldnt live without. I always submitted Message in a Bottle, not cause I liked it, but because if I was stranded thats what I would hope

Why chance it? Just request Leaving on a Jet Plane. :music_guitarred:

Tone Loc - Wild Thing

My college golf team went down to south Georgia / north Florida in the spring of 89. One of the guys was from there and from money; he got access to a family red convertible Mustang and he drove it every day to the golf course with me as the passenger playing this song. One of my greatest memories from college. :thumbsup:

In Your Eyes = Peter Gabriel

Iconic 80s movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4clhZZ6sdjk

no airport

Touche. <_<

Also that station would never play that song.

Downtown Train- Tom Waits, Patty Smyth, Rod Stewart, Mary Chaplin Carpenter and Later Bob Seger.

How did this not get picked?

Thought about Knocking at your Backdoor

How did this not get picked?

I posted earlier today that it was either that or Stone Cold because I wanted some Ritchie Blackmore,I went with Stone Cold last pick.

Nice attempt at throwing everyone off :wink:

Roxanne is their best song IMO, but it was released in 78.

Roxanne is their best song IMO, but it was released in 78.

With a 70's draft up next I put it a little differently to him.

Nice attempt at throwing everyone off :wink:

Im not that smart. I didnt realize it was 70s.

You have to realize East 80s and all 70s music I didnt hear as it came out, but later in life. So while I think my knowledge of the era is good, the chronology is fuzzy.

Im not that smart. I didnt realize it was 70s.

You have to realize East 80s and all 70s music I didnt hear as it came out, but later in life. So while I think my knowledge of the era is good, the chronology is fuzzy.

Thats how I am honestly 70s to me is classic rock and disco. Early police would always be 80s in my mind

a man who was banned from the United States

PIL- This is not a love song

I liked Public Image :thumbsup:

I was also a hoooge sex pistols fan

Al;so, why Eddie Vedder is god..

• Like 1

Thought about Knocking at your Backdoor

Nobody's Home

Mostly classic rock. Lost my last cell phone down a hole listening to Neil Young as I passed out at three in the morning lying in bed. One bounce off the floor and down it went. Was still lit a few minutes latter, mocking me. :wall:

Mostly classic rock. Lost my last cell phone down a hole listening to Neil Young as I passed out at three in the morning lying in bed. One bounce off the floor and down it went. Was still lit a few minutes latter, mocking me. :wall:

I'm the only one who picked a Neil Young song. And that's funny.

With a 70's draft up next I put it a little differently to him.

Hah. Sorry. I didnt think about that. Either way, I cant see that one going all that high.

Didnt someone draft London Calling? It was released in 79.

As I recall there were two releases right on the line late late '79 and early '80 in America,reason I think that I wanted Train In Vain so bad but had to look it up.

I did. I saw a date of 1980. Ill gladly exchange it for in your eyes if that fixes any problems. :lol:

No skin off my sack either way. It wont be me, but someone might want it in the 70s draft.

So who is setti up the voting ?

I'll get on it now. The (rosters? lists?) were completed late last night while I was having severe internet difficulties. I just went to bed, woke up to find I was getting booted from the 70s/90s draft.

Things have returned to normal now.

I'll get on it now. The (rosters? lists?) were completed late last night while I was having severe internet difficulties. I just went to bed, woke up to find I was getting booted from the 70s/90s draft.

Things have returned to normal now.

You might want to get with Raider I think he's doing a YouTube channel or something to add to the lists so people can listen.