Sign in to follow this  
NAn

Norv Turner RB History and Christian Mcaffrey

250 carries seem avg in a norv turner offense.

Yes if we talking a bellcow who isnt splitting with a newly aquired early down rb. I shouldnt need to say this. Its getting out of control now, like Ebola or something.

Rivera said he'll get 25-30 touches a game.

Norv confirmed it.

Just relaying the message.

Guess case closed then, coach said it, that’s a wrap. I guess we will find out.

Yes if we talking a bellcow who isnt splitting with a newly aquired early down rb. I shouldnt need to say this. Its getting out of control now, like Ebola or something.

CMC isn't splitting

Rivera said he'll get 25-30 touches a game.

Norv confirmed it.

Just relaying the message.

I would find it hard to think he gets 30, but 7-8 catches and 15 or so rushes, I could see that for sure.

Guess case closed then, coach said it, that’s a wrap. I guess we will find out.

They've backed it up in pre-season. I think out of the gate, that will be the plan for McCaffery to get 25 touches per game. I think it's a bad plan as the o-line is suspect and its going to kill a lot of drives if they insist on using him in that manner because he doesn't move the pile. I'm curious how it all shakes out as I'm dubious myself about how efficient he'll be with that workload, but it does appear that's the path they are starting down.

They've backed it up in pre-season.

Guess case closed then, happened in preseason thats a wrap. I guess we will find out.

I'm buying CMC and i think he's going to have a fantastic year and crack into the top 10 this season.

If preseason is any indication, prepare for the CMC show.

Keep an eye on the off line early on... Lotta hurt and recovering players in that group

Keep an eye on the off line early on... Lotta hurt and recovering players in that group

I'm trying to figure if that's good or bad for CMC. They know their line isnt up to par, so do they run a lot of screens, quick passes, sweeps and options?

I will say this. I just completed 12 team ppr league draft a bit ago. Drafting out of the 7 spot and went Gordon in the 1st. McCaffrey went one freakin spot before me in the 2nd and I wanted to jump out of the window. I had McCaffrey queued up immediately after I picked Gordon. Had I started with those two I would have been COMPLETELY satisfied. Not gonna lie, that one hurt. Same fvcker sniped Zach Ertz from me in the 5th.

I will say this. I just completed 12 team ppr league draft a bit ago. Drafting out of the 7 spot and went Gordon in the 1st. McCaffrey went one freakin spot before me in the 2nd and I wanted to jump out of the window. I had McCaffrey queued up immediately after I picked Gordon. Had I started with those two I would have been COMPLETELY satisfied. Not gonna lie, that one hurt. Same fvcker sniped Zach Ertz from me in the 5th.

Well who did you end up with then?

Well who did you end up with then?

Since this is a McCaffery thread, my guess is, not McCaffery.

I’m confused, Stephen Davis is now RB3 in Carolina?

Even so, you have to put him in your line-up every week...NEVAH BENCH STEPHEN DAVIS!!! :mad:

• Like 1

He's outproduced...

Dalvin Cooks

Jordan Howard

Joe Mixon

Devonte Freeman

L. Fournette

L. Bell

David Johnson

I'll say anyone that drafted him dodged a bullet for now.

I started this thread as at time was debating if I wanted to go after Mcaff in my auction draft.

Even considering my takes here, my own reseaarch and the various comments from others I did draft him as my RB2 as felt that he would indeed be a high end #2 (as I drafted him behind Zeke), with upside for #1, though by draft I had tempered expectations , which was fine.

Have to say pleased, well except for him losing GL carries to Panthers GL RB Cam Newton, but I digress...

Amongst RBs in my league he is #16, with him already had his bye, while those ahead of him have not. So if you go avg pts per game he is actually #9.
Discussion in this thread was if he could get to 250-275, possibly low end #1, 275-300, possibly mid level #1.
Well through 4 games he has 90 touches, or 22.5 per game x 16 game season = would be 360 touches

Broken down further…
Avg’ing 15.75 carries per game at current 5.2ypc x 16 games = 1310 rush yds
Avg’ing 6.75 recs per game at current 7.1 ypcs x 16 games = 767 rec yds

That’s almost 2100 total yds, honestly doubt he gets that, but let’s say thru less touches, lower ypc, etc. he even gets 75% of that by year’s end: that’s 1558 total yds from scrimmage
So say 1500-2100 yds and even with low TD production b/c of Cam, even if he gets 6-8 more, still would be a good-very good/RB1 type of season.

Drafted him in the second round and got laughed at. Who's laughing now?

He was a first round pick, early 2nd at most, why would people laugh at you? This post doesnt work. It only works if you took a 3rd rounder or above in the 2nd.

• Like 1

Don't know what to tell you, it happened and I was equally clueless as to why.

Ok well, just sayin, The Whos laughing now thing doesnt work here, thats all. It works if you said for example that you took him 7th overall or something like that. Even then, he was getting taken back half of rnd 1 by most peoples drafts.

I was doubtful of the comments that Rivera made in the pre-season regarding CMC's usage, but I targeted him anyway believing in the talent, particularly in PPR. But lets bear in mind...it's a long season and he's not a "big" back. I still contend he can't withstand the pounding that this usage will subject him to.

He was a first round pick, early 2nd at most, why would people laugh at you? This post doesnt work. It only works if you took a 3rd rounder or above in the 2nd.

He wasn't a first round pick by most people, especially those who don't believe pre-season matters

He wasn't a first round pick by most people, especially those who don't believe pre-season matters

Yes he was. His adp was rnd 1, early rnd 2. This is not a debate or opinion, its just fact. I know you are trying to do a little GOTCHA thing here with 4 games played, and thats cute, but no one was arguing he wasnt worth a late 1st early 2nd. Didnt need preseason for that and for every 1 call that pans out I can show you 10 that dont because preseason useage is irrelevant. Pick a dif battle.

Yes he was. His adp was rnd 1, early rnd 2. This is not a debate or opinion, its just fact. I know you are trying to do a little GOTCHA thing here with 4 games played, and thats cute, but no one was arguing he wasnt worth a late 1st early 2nd. Didnt need preseason for that and for every 1 call that pans out I can show you 10 that dont because preseason useage is irrelevant. Pick a dif battle.

you were saying CMC would split carries. Pre-season showed us that wasn't happening. Preseason matters.

you were saying CMC would split carries. Pre-season showed us that wasn't happening. Preseason matters.

Yes, so far he has been great, kudos to coach for tipping his hand and letting defenses know their gameplan. Again, not the norm, it’s the exception.

Yes, so far he has been great, kudos to coach for tipping his hand and letting defenses know their gameplan. Again, not the norm, it’s the exception.

just saying preseason can be helpful in a lot of cases