Sign in to follow this  
Strike

School shooting solution

I put this in its own thread, but for you ###### retreads, literally today one year ago Trump signed his first piece of significant legislation. Do you want to know what it was? You probably do because it's the one piece of legislation that he didn't call a ###### press conference for. It was to make obtaining a weapon easier for people with mental illness. I'm a mother ###### ###### you not.

News organizations have repeatedly asked for footage of or at least even still photos of his signing ceremony. The white house isn't stupid, they steadfastly refused to do so.

Trump's first major legislation people.

The rule that this bill repealed would have made it so that if people needed help with their finances they could lose their 2nd amendment rights. That's bullsh*t and I'm find with this one being repealed. At least give people due process before stripping them of their rights.

No they probably weren't "unable", as in they just couldn't do it. The question is how hard did they try? My understanding is there a 4chan boards and other places where stuff like this is said a lot. So the quandary is how do they know which ones to take seriously and devote major resources to discovering?

Just looked up the full story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/02/15/florida-school-shooting-nikolas-cruz-youtube-comment-bail-bondsman/341236002/

"I wish I could have given them more information but it was just a comment on my channel," he said.

YouTube removed the offensive comment. Bennight tried to send it to "tips@fbi.gov," an email address he found online. It bounced back.

So he called his local field office.

"I called and left a message. The next day I had two FBI agents standing in my office taking down my information, taking copies of the screenshot, asking questions of course I couldn't answer," he said.

People leave horrible comments on his YouTube videos all the time, Bennight said.

"I really didn't think anything of it, but this comment said, 'I'm going to be a professional school shooter,' and I couldn't just ignore that," he said.

Many of those comments come from generic accounts, but this one came from someone whose name was Nikolas Cruz.

Five months later, after the shooting Wednesday afternoon, the FBI was back in touch.

"Today the FBI contacts me and first I talk to a guy from the Mississippi field office," he said. Then he got a call from the Miami field office.

Bennight admits that there's not much help he can give beyond the screenshot since to his knowledge he had never interacted with Cruz before. Compounding the difficulty is that the comment had been deleted by YouTube so Bennight doesn't remember which video it was on.

"In September 2017, the FBI received information about a comment made on a YouTube channel. The comment said, 'I’m going to be a professional school shooter.' No other information was included in the comment which would indicate a particular time, location, or the true identity of the person who posted the comment," said a statement released by Jackson, Miss., FBI field office spokesman Brett Car. "The FBI conducted database reviews and other checks, but was unable to further identify the person who posted the comment."

We have gun control now. Do you mean MORE gun control?

Yes, 18 year olds shouldnt be able to buy an AR15, even more crazy is that they can buy that, but not a handgun.

Put the assault rifle ban on, and when they whine that certain guns are the same thing but look different and arent on the banned list, say thanks and put those on the list too

Do it yesterday

Yes, 18 year olds shouldnt be able to buy an AR15, even more crazy is that they can buy that, but not a handgun.

Put the assault rifle ban on, and when they whine that certain guns are the same thing but look different and arent on the banned list, say thanks and put those on the list too

Do it yesterday

An AR-15 is not an assault rifle...

18 year olds shouldnt be able to buy an AR15, even more crazy is that they can buy that, but not a handgun.

But they can go to war and die for you. UH huh. The other half of your sentence show's how ignorant you are.

No, it's just a propoganda campaign to ban guns. If they keep saying it there will be idiots who go "yeah let's do that. It will stop this." And when it doesn't they'll just push to ban more guns under the notion that eventually it will make a difference. And again they wonder why there is so much pushback.

No. We wonder why there is so much pushback because we are the only country in the civilized world that has this problem on such a regular basis.

Virtually Every other country has decided that having high ccapacity high efficiency killing machines readily available to the general public is insane. And as a result, they dont have a dozen mass murders a year like we do.

We wonder why the cult of the gun values their toys so much they are willing to see such a large death toll to keep them.

Thats what we wonder.

Correct, it's just a semi automatic rifle. 8 million configurations of semi automatic rifles. Whole lot's of CNN and MSNBC knowledge of guns in here.

Seeing as how it has been used in a few high profile mass assaults of late, Id say it certainly is.

There is zero good reason this weapon is legal.

Gee, if maybe the FBI wasn't so busy getting fired and lambasted by a certain orange gentleman, they could actually spend more time and resources on this stuff.

No. We wonder why there is so much pushback because we are the only country in the civilized world that has this problem on such a regular basis.

Virtually Every other country has decided that having high ccapacity high efficiency killing machines readily available to the general public is insane. And as a result, they dont have a dozen mass murders a year like we do.

We wonder why the cult of the gun values their toys so much they are willing to see such a large death toll to keep them.

Thats what we wonder.

Other countries use bombs or cars or trucks...

Gee, if maybe the FBI wasn't so busy getting fired and lambasted by a certain orange gentleman, they could actually spend more time and resources on this stuff.

Wow. :mellow:

Correct me if Im wrong but how many military bases have been shot up? I eagerly await your answer.

Well let's see -

Ft. Hood, Ft Dix was broken up - see 'Duka Bros' and the Washington Navy Yard.

await no longer.

Now, how about responding to Trump's first piece of major legislation - the only one he's terrified to get any press for.

Also, we need more mental health solutions. Many times law enforcement has dealt with mentally ill people and when they bring them to a hospital, the Drs. state they're fine and let them out to roam the streets again. We need to be able to " profile" mentally ill people and get them help sooner.

Yeah, see my post on that. in his personal vendetta quest, Trump overturned legislation that made it harder for nutjobs to get guns.

"Why isn't there any footage of that?"

- Because, despite repeated requests, Trump and the WH refuse to provide any footage. The dude calls a press conference if he figures out a paper clip, but repealing legislation that the NRA hated? To keep nutjobs like this one specifically - from getting guns? Not a focking peep.

True Story.

Not at all, I am an almost 21 year army guy too, you understand.. i love shooting skeet with my friends, but if I have to turn them in to make sure no other school shooting happens, Id do it.

...and down goes ShorePatrol

I put this in its own thread, but for you ###### retreads, literally today one year ago Trump signed his first piece of significant legislation. Do you want to know what it was? You probably do because it's the one piece of legislation that he didn't call a ###### press conference for. It was to make obtaining a weapon easier for people with mental illness. I'm a mother ###### ###### you not.

News organizations have repeatedly asked for footage of or at least even still photos of his signing ceremony. The white house isn't stupid, they steadfastly refused to do so.

Trump's first major legislation people.

Bump diggity

But they can go to war and die for you. UH huh. The other half of your sentence show's how ignorant you are.

...and even then, they are not allowed to carry automatic weapons on base.

Not really.

If you think you need a long range semi auto firearm that can hold A 60+ round drum clip, youre part of the problem.

You think I'm insane , I think you're insane. Subjective. :dunno:

...and even then, they are not allowed to carry automatic weapons on base.

why bring up automatic weapons? Not sure how that applies

Not so subjective to the bullet riddled child in the hallway. Your version of insanity has costs.

I don't believe it does. I do believe your version does though.

I don't believe it does. I do believe your version does though.

Please.

It is beyond a shadow of a doubt that unrestricted gun ownership has costs. If youre seriously going to argue that, then youre just being obtuse.

Now, whether the cost is worth whatever benefits you abscribe to it, thats another question, and yes, is somewhat subjective. Maybe.

Please.

It is beyond a shadow of a doubt that unrestricted gun ownership has costs. If youre seriously going to argue that, then youre just being obtuse.

Now, whether the cost is worth whatever benefits you abscribe to it, thats another question, and yes, is somewhat subjective. Maybe.

My point is , there are a metric sh!t ton of guns ( "scary guns" ) in circulation now that were bought legally. You are proposing they should be made illegal and taken away. That will have consequences I hope you are not comfortable with. You cannot be serious about "unrestricted gun ownership". I'll give you private party sales should end though.

My point is , there are a metric sh!t ton of guns ( "scary guns" ) in circulation now that were bought legally. You are proposing they should be made illegal and taken away. That will have consequences I hope you are not comfortable with. You cannot be serious about "unrestricted gun ownership". I'll give you private party sales should end though.

I just find it insane that we have all these guns, and zero regulation at all practically. I have to register my car. If I want to buy focking sinus medication, I have to fill out a form and they track how much I buy. If I want antibiotics, I have to get a doctor to allow it.

But guns? Go on down to crazy bills flea market and gun show. Crazy.

What sort of consequences are you referring to about taking guns away?

I just find it insane that we have all these guns, and zero regulation at all practically. I have to register my car. If I want to buy focking sinus medication, I have to fill out a form and they track how much I buy. If I want antibiotics, I have to get a doctor to allow it.

Zero regulations? :lol: ( Save the private sales, but that is by state ) Consequences would more than rival gacking EBT lol. We like our guns and we really like our welfare. I know which said I'm on B)

TBB, you lose all credibility when you even reference that, gun shows are illegal, if I sell you a gun and don't report it, it is a crime

Ban all semi automatic weapons. Require a criminal background check and extended waiting period on all gun sales. Mandatory immediate reporting of a lost or stolen forearm in every state. Hold gun owners criminally liable if their firearm is used in a crime.

There you go. :thumbsup:

"Semi-automatic weapons".

What percentage of handguns in use right now are NOT "semi-automatic"?

People ignorant about history are doomed to repeat it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/365103/how-nazis-used-gun-control-stephen-p-halbrook

Meanwhile pretty much every other country on earth has gun bans and yet, no stormtroopers and Holocaust. Weird. Its almosy like the nazis are an outlier or something.

Not so subjective to the bullet riddled child in the hallway. Your version of insanity has costs.

So does yours. 6 million Jews, to be exact.

Nazis refused to allow Jews to have weapons.

Read the link, and formulate a cogent response. That was 80 years ago. Human nature is exactly the same; the dangers are exactly the same. Nazis rose to prominence in less than a decade, and enforced a gun ban that killed not just 6 million Jews, but guaranteed that their conflict spilled outside of German borders.

Your gun-bearing fearful ideology is responsible for causing WWII. If that ban had not happened, Germany would have contained their own contagion.

Meanwhile pretty much every other country on earth has gun bans and yet, no stormtroopers and Holocaust. Weird. Its almosy like the nazis are an outlier or something.

You keep spewing that sh!t , this is America. Stop with that Sh!t , "Every other country" just doesn't apply

Um...happened in Russia also. The Communists banned all guns in 1918, exempting only Party members.

We know what happened after that. Or perhaps you don't (millions of people died).

Weird. 300 million guns in this country - and 330 million people - and about 50 of each of them have been involved in some sort of mass murder event.

It's almost like those are outliers or something.

:thumbsup:

TBB, you lose all credibility when you even reference that, gun shows are illegal, if I sell you a gun and don't report it, it is a crime

Gun shows are illegal?!? They happen weekly seems to me.

I was mainly talking about registration though, not sales so much.