Sign in to follow this  
AintNoStoppinMeNow

Early Season DST To Target?

For the late round DST drafters and weekly streamers out there, who are we targeting for the early portion of the season based on upside, schedule, etc?

I'm really liking Miami based on the additions they've made and a nice few games to open up...

Week 1 @ Redskins

Week 2 @ Jags

Week 3 vs Bills

Week 4 vs Jets

Week 5 BYE

Week 6 @ Titans

Week 7 vs Texans

That is about as good of a schedule as one could ask for as none of those teams should scare you offensively.

Who are the rest of you looking to target?

Miami is great. Indi looks good in beginning and end for fantasy playoffs. Being up big causes a lot of mistakes by other offense - eagles real life d was not good last year but their fantasy was

panthers

@jax

Texans

saints

@bucs

if you are worried about that saints matchup, panthers have really had brees' number at home for a while now...its actually a decent matchup.

browns

@jets

titans

raiders

Kansas City or Miami Dolphins?

:pointstosky:

Trivia question, which team had the 2nd lowest points per game allowed last year? (second only to SEA)

Kansas City Chiefs :ninja:

Not Dallas. They lost Orlando Scandrick for the season today with a torn ACL

:pointstosky:

Trivia question, which team had the 2nd lowest points per game allowed last year? (second only to SEA)

Kansas City Chiefs :ninja:

They play Houston first then they play Denver and Packers. I like them, but I'd rather have Miami early on. Carolina plays Jacksonville first and a couple more easy ones.

Y'all talked me in. Just added the Fins to the squad.

Hope y'all are right.

Jets get the Browns week one - but then Indy and Philly right after.

I'm think I'm going to take a chance on the Jets for week 1 and then will cross the week 2 bridge when I get to it. I looked at the Jets D again because I couldn't remember anyone of note on their team and was reminded that they had gotten Revis back. Not that this is going to turn their whole D into all-stars, but it helps more than it hurts. I think they come into this season with a new attitude w/ Rex Ryan gone. I think last year the entire team just threw in the towel once they realized Ryan would be canned soon. I also think w/ Geno being out, their offense has a chance to hold onto the ball for a little longer giving them some rest. And finally as you noted, if none of that holds true I do find some comfort in knowing they are playing against Cleveland.

I have PHIL right now, but MIA & STL are available free agents. Only have room to carry 1 DEF......who of the 3 mentioned (PHIL, MIA, STL) do you guys like best the 1st half of the season ?

I need sacks and turnovers. I'm banking on Houston every week to get those because I don't think the offense will be able to stay on the field.

I'm rolling out the Bengals week 1 v. Oakland. Auction draft and I budgeted $1. Miami went for, like $3, but they were my target. Hitting the wire for week 2.

I'm rolling out the Bengals week 1 v. Oakland. Auction draft and I budgeted $1. Miami went for, like $3, but they were my target. Hitting the wire for week 2.

Currently have Indy....but thinking of going with the bengals as well.

Who are other streamers going with?

What's everyone think of Philly Week 1 @ Atlanta? I don't understand the hate I'm seeing from their low ranking.

Problem with Eagles is that their secondary was trash af last year and hasn't been tested against #1 offenses in the preseason. They've played only 15 snaps or something against first team passing units. Atlanta has a pretty dynamic passing game and that secondary could be exposed. Their run D is firmed up and their pass rush should net a sack or three and a maybe a turnover, but if you get penalized for points against its kind of a crapshoot.

I'm think I'm going to take a chance on the Jets for week 1 and then will cross the week 2 bridge when I get to it. I looked at the Jets D again because I couldn't remember anyone of note on their team and was reminded that they had gotten Revis back. Not that this is going to turn their whole D into all-stars, but it helps more than it hurts. I think they come into this season with a new attitude w/ Rex Ryan gone. I think last year the entire team just threw in the towel once they realized Ryan would be canned soon. I also think w/ Geno being out, their offense has a chance to hold onto the ball for a little longer giving them some rest. And finally as you noted, if none of that holds true I do find some comfort in knowing they are playing against Cleveland.

The Jets also added Cromartie across from Revis at CB and drafted a monster in the middle (Sheldon Richardson) of a talented DL. Add that to the fact that the O should be better and I expect the Jets to have a Top 10 D this year.

• Like 1

What's everyone think of Philly Week 1 @ Atlanta? I don't understand the hate I'm seeing from their low ranking.

Philly @ Atlanta will showcase last years two worst passing defenses.

they're not draftable, but streamers need to keep an eye on DAL. they'll give up points, but the emphasis on T/Os along with the improved pass rush could have them scoring decently.

I need sacks and turnovers. I'm banking on Houston every week to get those because I don't think the offense will be able to stay on the field.

Houston obviously has a ton of talent, but I'm very concerned about them falling off as the year continues, not just psychologically, but due to my belief that they're going to be on the field about 65% of time due to the suck on O. I think they're going to tire out.

The Jets also added Cromartie across from Revis at CB and drafted a monster in the middle (Sheldon Richardson) of a talented DL. Add that to the fact that the O should be better and I expect the Jets to have a Top 10 D this year.

I agree with this. I think NYJ may be the most improved D, and that's also going to make their run game a ton better.

The pick was Leonard Williams... S.Richardson is suspended 4 games... Cromartie has supposedly lost 2 steps this training camp...

but point taken anyway.

The pick was Leonard Williams... S.Richardson is suspended 4 games... Cromartie supposedly has lost 2 steps this training camp...

but point taken anyway.

Sorry, Leonard.

Jets schedule also looks really good: I'm counting 5 good Os (Eagles, Colts, Pats x2 and Cowboys).

3 against the Fins and Giants - who knows? Otherwise the Jets get:

Browns

Redskins

Raiders

Jaguars

Bills x2

Texans

Titans

That's 8 games against offenses ranging from below average to dumpster fire.

• Like 1

If you miss out on some of the top defense, check out Carolina Panther schedule first 4 weeks:

Jags

Texans

Saints

Buccanners

Indy

Week 1 - @Buffalo (Tyrod)

Week 2 - NYJ (Fitzpatrick)

Week 3 - @Tenn (Mariota)

Week 4 - Jags (Bortles)

Week 5 - @Houston (Hoyer)

What's not to like :dunno:

Indy

Week 3 - @Tenn (Mariota)

Week 4 - Jags (Bortles)

is the colts defense any good at all? I just looked them up, they were 12th overall in my league fantasy scoring wise last year which is better than I thought. worth a look going forward for sure.

Indy

Week 3 - @Tenn (Mariota)

Week 4 - Jags (Bortles)

I took the colts last round because of the above post.

is the colts defense any good at all? I just looked them up, they were 12th overall in my league fantasy scoring wise last year which is better than I thought. worth a look going forward for sure.

When they don't play elite teams they can be.