Sign in to follow this  
RedzoneMonster

Odds Conner Starts Rest of the Way?

Tomlin isn't terrible. He isn't the best, but his team makes the playoffs and is pretty consistent year to year.

Worst 1st half of season coach in the league, best 2nd second half of season coach in the league.

Worst 1st half of season coach in the league, best 2nd second half of season coach in the league.

So if they had Norv Turner coach the team for 8 weeks, and they had him tag out for Tomlin for the rest of the season...unstoppable.

What are the realistic chances a team like the Jets can convince the Steelers to trade him this season? They are an up and coming team with a potential franchise QB and have a great shot to be sitting at 2-0 after this weekend. Todd Bowles is fighting for his job, they have the cap space and were in on Khalil Mack. I'm sure Bell would love to join the NY market and that the Jets would love to offer him a long term contract. The 49ers are also a team that comes to mind but I think the Jets make the most sense.

What are the realistic chances a team like the Jets can convince the Steelers to trade him this season? They are an up and coming team with a potential franchise QB and have a great shot to be sitting at 2-0 after this weekend. Todd Bowles is fighting for his job, they have the cap space and were in on Khalil Mack. I'm sure Bell would love to join the NY market and that the Jets would love to offer him a long term contract. The 49ers are also a team that comes to mind but I think the Jets make the most sense.

The Jets have their 1st and two 3rd round picks next year, but no 2nd--they used it to trade up for Darnold. I can't imagine anyone dealing a 1st for Bell. 3rd and a 4th? Their own 3rd and the 3rd from trading Bridgewater? Possible, but all that is a lot for any team to pay when you may be able to get him only for the cost of the money you pay him in 2019.

The most recent RB of note to get traded, Jay Ajayi, was traded with 1.5 years left on his cheap rookie deal, so that surely made him more worth sending a pick from Philly's perspective.

That said, I do think the Jets would be one of the top contenders to sign him as a free agent. As you point out, they have the money; plus, this is the last year of Powell's deal, and they both got Crowell pretty cheap and can walk away from him with only a $2M dead cap hit next year. Add in a QB on a cheap rookie deal for the next several seasons and they are the kind of team that could give him the guaranteed money he wants.

• Like 1

I am skeptical Pitt has any interest in trading bell, but if they did I would think it would be out of conference to the Packers.