Sign in to follow this  
ROCKFORD

Evel Knievel record broken

Motorcycling legend Travis Pastrana paid tribute to Evel Knievel the only way he knows how: by breaking a few of his records. In Las Vegas on Sunday night, Pastrana cleared three jumps. Those jumps consisted of -- in a "12 Nights of Christmas"-style -- 52 cars, 16 buses and a fountain. According to Jalopnik, that's over 400 feet of jumps.
There was the jump over the cars, accompanied by red white and blue pyrotechnics as he attempted the hurdle.

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/travis-pastrana-jumped-over-the-fountain-at-caesars-palace-and-broke-an-evel-knievel-record/

Saw all three jumps. Dude has balls. :thumbsup:

my dad got me evel's autograph at a celeb golf tourny in the 70's.

top that! :bandana:

My dad once brought my brother to see Evel Knievel jump the Snake River Canyon. Probably the trip of a lifetime for my brother. Still happy about that. Even if he didn't quite make it.

lets see him do it on vintage wheels.

that's ballsy. :thumbsup:

Exactly. It would be interesting to do a side by side comparison of the two motorcycles. I mean, I broke the 1902 land speed record today on I-75. Big whoop.

lets see him do it on vintage wheels.

that's ballsy. :thumbsup:

pretty sure he used the same bike as evel

Pastrana is an absolute savage, this is not surprising. Would have been cool to be in Vegas for that.

Anyone remember when Evel would peddle the "stimulator" pain relief device. Looked like a car charger for your lighter. Lol

I had that...i dont remember the stadium...but I had the crank it up evel on the bike...did all kinds of crazy sheit till the crank broke.

Remember the cars with the toothed zip ties that fit through the car and u ripped it out to make it go.you could crash together and parts would fall off. Lol

I had a match box type of Stadium, but at random times some idiot would get out of his car and run onto the track. Man that was good times.

Evil was quite brave and a Pioneer :thumbsup:

but sadly nowadays there are plenty 5 year old kids that are probably just as skilled :P

Evel played in front of us at Fairmont and at one point snap hooked a drive right through the green we were putting on. He said "Sorry about that fellas. Did you see where it ended up?" We were like "Yeah we did Evel!" :headbanger:

Also, one of my buddy's punched out Robbie Knievel.

pretty sure he used the same bike as evel

Evel rode mostly Harleys and Pastrana rode an Indian. Both were V-twins but Pastrana mentioned that his bike was more powerful and a little lighter than those Evel rode. Also Pastrana's bike had mono-shock rear suspension, though they said it only had four inches of travel rather than the foot or more that a lot of the modern jumping bikes have. Not sure Evel ever used a mono-shock bike on a jump.

He used to come to New Orleans and dock his red white and blue yacht at the harbor. One Sunday we had a church pic nick. Three legged racing and all that stoopid sh!t. After the fun and games, there were some eggs left from the egg toss game. My friend Chris grabbed three of them and egged his yacht. Me: Dude, you can't egg Evel!!! Evel came running outside and was screaming at us. I miss laughing that hard.

• Like 1

He used to come to New Orleans and dock his red white and blue yacht at the harbor. One Sunday we had a church pic nick. Three legged racing and all that stoopid sh!t. After the fun and games, there were some eggs left from the egg toss game. My friend Chris grabbed three of them and egged his yacht. Me: Dude, you can't egg Evel!!! Evel came running outside and was screaming at us. I miss laughing that hard.

That was UnAmerican. :nono:

interesting. Since Evel did it, there has been a ton of construction in Vegas obviously. So Travis is going to have half the distance for takeoff and Landing when it comes to jumping the Caesars fountain that Evel did.

Problem with these kinds of things is nobody is really all that concerned that he's actually going to get hurt. I couldn't even tell you the last guy that had one of these stunts on TV that didn't make it with ease. Whether it's eaten alive, high wire guy that kept thanking Jesus every 2 seconds or this the Allure is that he might actually get hurt. There is none of that anymore.

Problem with these kinds of things is nobody is really all that concerned that he's actually going to get hurt. I couldn't even tell you the last guy that had one of these stunts on TV that didn't make it with ease. Whether it's eaten alive, high wire guy that kept thanking Jesus every 2 seconds or this the Allure is that he might actually get hurt. There is none of that anymore.

tell that to the wallendas.

Google high wire deaths

Evel rode mostly Harleys and Pastrana rode an Indian. Both were V-twins but Pastrana mentioned that his bike was more powerful and a little lighter than those Evel rode. Also Pastrana's bike had mono-shock rear suspension, though they said it only had four inches of travel rather than the foot or more that a lot of the modern jumping bikes have. Not sure Evel ever used a mono-shock bike on a jump.

He never jumped with one (Evel)

What sucks is that until your post here, I was under the impression that he did the jumps with one of the twin shock bikes they kept showing in the beginning of the show. :mad:

Sorry, Travis. The jumps now don't mean sh1t to me.

Evel Knievel record broken

Why not, everything else in his body has been broken.

interesting. Since Evel did it, there has been a ton of construction in Vegas obviously. So Travis is going to have half the distance for takeoff and Landing when it comes to jumping the Caesars fountain that Evel did.

True. But his breaks on that bike back when he jumped were dinosaurs compared to what this guy has. He stopped within feet of the landing ramp.

True. But his breaks on that bike back when he jumped were dinosaurs compared to what this guy has. He stopped within feet of the landing ramp.

Not as much as you think

So the bike they showed in the beginning that was like 350 lb, that wasn't the bike that he used? I'm confused on that part.