Sign in to follow this  
JTB

Is Trump the new 3rd party

Although the Donald is on the R's ticket is he really a Republican?

Yes he is, but only because the GOP is suffering from a strong identity crisis right now. It's the reason why a Donald Trump can become the GOP nominee. They claim they learned lessons in 08 and 12, but they are still letting the tail wag the dog...interesting to see where they go from here.

Whether it's a new party or a wholly revised R party - Trump has been the catalyst for change.

Now, the change may not be perfect yet, and it may take a few election cycles to get it right.

But the Ds are not changing... they are simply benefitting from the Rs turmoil. And in the end, this new (or changed) party may be better after they figure out the growing pains.

Whether it's a new party or a wholly revised R party - Trump has been the catalyst for change.

Now, the change may not be perfect yet, and it may take a few election cycles to get it right.

But the Ds are not changing... they are simply benefitting from the Rs turmoil. And in the end, this new (or changed) party may be better after they figure out the growing pains.

They appear to be pivoting away from being on the corporate side of things, and more towards the worker side. We'll see. And the obsession with gays and being in the hands of fundy Christians appears to be lightening as well. Goes hand in hand I guess. The democrats lure to the working class is great when there are jobs, but kinda useless without, amd God knows democrats know nothing about creating them. They greased the skids for them to leave, and want to double down on that. They may lose the mid-west forever. The mid-west people are the ones that took the brunt of these ridiculous trade deals.

He is Republican fiscally and democrat socially. Always has been, regardless of what charade he is putting on now. Hillary is actually more to the right socially than Trump, regardless of her charade.

He is Republican fiscally and democrat socially. Always has been, regardless of what charade he is putting on now. Hillary is actually more to the right socially than Trump, regardless of her charade.

Hillary just recently came around on Gay Marriage (Obama too). The left loves to forget that

Hopefully Trump is the new first/second party, The people who yearn for the days of nibbling at the delicious dingleberries hanging from George W. Bush's colon can be the new third party.

Like I said before, I miss the days when the Republicans were the smartest guys in the room And the Democrats were just A divided group Of various factions On the extremes.

Now that latter part more aptly describes What is left of the GOP.

Unfortunately, numbers-wise, We haven't been able to find a true conservative Who can carry the day Without Embracing Many of the Nutjob Fringe elements That call themselves Republicans these days.

It may have started earlier than this, But no more clear real world example of this Can be found then when McCain was bashed by Limbaugh And all the Fringe elements Of the GOP when he was running against Obama.McCain was bashed repeatedly in the primaries as being too moderate by all these frige idealogues And it wasn't until the last minute When they realized that mccain was up against Obama that they suddenly tried to change course midstream. And look how well that went; 7 million Republicans just refuse to vote for anybody In that election And the trend has continued.4 years later, It was basically sandbagged by the fundies. And now we've got Trump Who makes Sarah Palin look like Bill kristol.

Like others have said, The GOP should have learned its Lesson by now. But hopefully, the reality of trump As the leader of their party Wakes everybody the up And they shut down the extremes and the teabaggers and the fundies And all the other nutjobs like Limblob , Hannity and company Who have ruined The true core of the GOP.

Weather Hillary wins or Trump wins, You can blame it on the destruction Of the GOP By The Nut Job Fringe elements Who has hijacked The party And subverted its core Ideologies and identity.

A shift is underway. Start paying attention.

How do you think I had time To post something that long?

Oh wait, you said shiFt...

...was wondering how you knew that.

Yes he is, but only because the GOP is suffering from a strong identity crisis right now. It's the reason why a Donald Trump can become the GOP nominee. They claim they learned lessons in 08 and 12, but they are still letting the tail wag the dog...interesting to see where they go from here.

you can't bash Trump as a nominee, when Hillary is the Democrat nominee

you would think the Dems would learn, but no they just follow the agenda trail, next up gay president, then tranny president, then pedophile pres

you would think the Dems would learn, but no they just follow the agenda trail, next up gay president, then tranny president, then pedophile pres

You left out Muslim.

Hilary's problem is simply one of personal integrity. She's just a bad candidate.

I don't think any dems have any problem with her policies, except that they know she's full of sh!t on a lot of them.

She's just your standard corporate hawk party candidate. Same as most R's and D's are. Serving the masters to get their crumbs.

What will be interesting is if the republicans manage to get their sh!t together... can Hilary hold of a challenger from the left? There hasn't been a legit challneger to a sitting president in a primary in my life.

Given how corrupt and stupid the DNC is, there won't be in 2020 either. If the republicans can nominate something resembling a human being, I think they take her down.

Yes, yes you can.

That is something the simple-minded, binary types Just don't seem to understand.

Life For an adult At least is more than black hats and white hats.

It's one thing to be against Trump. Its understandable. But to be enthusiastic for her, amd those that surround her? Cuckolds. Tim Kaine? Goofball. Loretta Lynch? Incompetent political hack. Bill? What's he got going for him? She's running against his legacy. It's a failed legacy, so that actually makes sense.

To Titan's last post;

I don't think the Democrats are actually That's stupid. In fact, Their core seems to be playing chess While we're all bitching over checkers.

If Hillary is prosecuted And/or Wildly unpopular, Joe Biden is already being presented AZ The candidate Who can Rise Above It All And step in seamlessly Without any Mass uprising From the Democrats.

Take any national poll you want right now and I would guarantee The Biden Wins hands-down against Any potential 2020 candidate From either the left or the right.

I'm usually not a big conspiracy guy, But I think this was preordained a long time ago. Hillary gets her shot if she just keep her mouth shut And Biden gets his shot If he just steps aside gracefully To give Hillary hers first.

And who are the Republicans looking at already in 2020? Mike Pence? Good luck with that!

I think Romney is already sharpening His track cleats For another run.He is enough Of an outsider To get by on that side Without looking like A lunatic.

Did I bash Trump, no. What is it with you guys and your absolute fail at reading comprehension? It's like you all suffer from Group ADD. :wacko:

Did I bash Trump, no. What is it with you guys and your absolute fail at reading comprehension? It's like you all suffer from Group ADD. :wacko:

your right, you didn't this time, maybe cause thats all I ever read from you, I just didn't realize you could make a post without doing it while mentioning his name

Biden has long been thought of as a joke... creepy and full of gaffes. Now he's praised as some kind of God by the left. Wtf did I miss?

Is it just that compared to Clinton & Trump, he looks great?

Biden has long been thought of as a joke... creepy and full of gaffes. Now he's praised as some kind of God by the left. Wtf did I miss?

I think that latter part is a big part of it. But I did some research on the guy and his 'gaffes' are pretty GD innocuous on their own - much less compared to the (entire lack of) standard set these days.

And, he actually has / had some good policies. And, it's pretty hard for to nail him on any serious 'scandal' level things - at this new (lack of) level or before.

But more than anything, He's just positioned to be the 'above it all' kind of candidate. I think by the time 2020 rolls around, people will be looking for easy. - Like settling into your Grandparents house. They may be behind the times and uncool, but at least its familiar, safe and comfortable.

Then again, he may just stay in 'F it' mode. God knows he's earned it with all that he's been through.

Anyhoo, knowing this bored, I want to get ahead of this and say I am NOT to litigate a potential 2020 race, much less a specific candidate before we're even done with the current shiit-show.

Yes, mostly that.

Also he's an elder statesman.

And he gave obummer's re-election a huge boost when he kicked Paul Ryan's ass in the VP debate after Obummer blew his first debate with Romney.

There is a reason when you google "Gaffe machine", Joe Biden links come up. :overhead:

Check out this song about him set to an old Steve Miller song.

Joe's foreign policy is outstanding but I can never forgive him for his partnering with Mitch McConnell produced during the Fiscal Cliff negotiations. Neither man cares in the slightest about budget deficits.