Sign in to follow this  
HTH

Best RUSH Tunes post Grace Under Pressure

The one the kids played during dungeons and dragons.

• Like 1

I will take their cover of The Seeker. If that doesn't count, put me down for Big Money

Hope

:thumbsup:

Alex is my favorite guitarist of all time :thumbsup:

As far as "Best RUSH tunes since GUP"........... The entire "Clockwork Angels" album.

• Like 1

The one the kids played during dungeons and dragons.

:lol:

a$$

I will take their cover of The Seeker. If that doesn't count, put me down for Big Money

Love that version!

I quit following the band after Moving Pictures,oh and I've never played D & D in my life

I quit following the band after Moving Pictures,oh and I've never played D & D in my life

Nor have I, and I've been a major fan since they were 1st played on WMMS in Cleveland in 1974. :headbanger:

They were pretty much MY band until "Tom Sawyer" hit and made them a household name. I parted ways with them for much of the 80's.

Nor have I, and I've been a major fan since they were 1st played on WMMS in Cleveland in 1974. :headbanger:

FWIW I saw a show in Vegas some years ago called Queen We Will Rock You,quite similar to the story in Rush 2112 only this was a bunch of teenagers hundreds of years from now living in a world devoid of music and on a quest to find Brian May's axe to bring rock-n-roll back to the world.

As far as "Best RUSH tunes since GUP"........... The entire "Clockwork Angels" album.

Agreed on Clockwork Angels. Love "The Garden".

Agreed on Clockwork Angels. Love "The Garden".

:cheers: one of my all time faves as well, brilliant & emotional

• Like 1

I know I keep pimping Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson in various music threads, but in case you weren't aware Alex Lifeson provides guest guitar solo on "Anesthetize" (~4:05 mark):

• Like 2

I know I keep pimping Porcupine Tree / Steven Wilson in various music threads, but in case you weren't aware Alex Lifeson provides guest guitar solo on "Anesthetize" (~4:05 mark):

As you well know I focking love PT/SW and I never new this,wow.

Also Anesthetize is my favorite song of theirs.

As you well know I focking love PT/SW and I never new this,wow.

Also Anesthetize is my favorite song of theirs.

Glad to share the knowledge. :cheers:

Glad to share the knowledge. :cheers:

In the 90's music draft I took Even Less as one of my draft picks.

jerryskids made a comment in that draft,"As a fan of musical complexities, from the 90s on, there is Tool and everyone else."

So I've been imploring him to check out PT/SW

In the 90's music draft I took Even Less as one of my draft picks.

jerryskids made a comment in that draft,"As a fan of musical complexities, from the 90s on, there is Tool and everyone else."

I couldn't resist the temptation and finally peeked at the set list for SW's current tour. He's been playing "Even Less". He's also been doing "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here". :thumbsup:

Hope that's still the case when he plays SEA & PDX in May.

I couldn't resist the temptation and finally peeked at the set list for SW's current tour. He's been playing "Even Less". He's also been doing "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here". :thumbsup:

Fock! I can't believe he's not playing our area this go round,if it weren't for my Vegas trip next month I'd actually consider traveling to see him again.

Fock! I can't believe he's not playing our area this go round,if it weren't for my Vegas trip next month I'd actually consider traveling to see him again.

Vegas will always be there...

Vegas will always be there...

It's our annual boys trip for March Madness,10+ years now,it's not quite Last Vegas but we're getting up there and I'm not missing that time with my friends.

It's our annual boys trip for March Madness,10+ years now,it's not quite Last Vegas but we're getting up there and I'm not missing that time with my friends.

Yeah, that's definitely a tradition to uphold. Where is nearest tour date for you?

Yeah, that's definitely a tradition to uphold. Where is nearest tour date for you?

May 1-2 in Chicago,we road tripped there some years ago to see PT.

Dream Theater would be another band for him to check out if he enjoys musical complexity.

Who are you talking about. I got lost in the thread.

Who are you talking about. I got lost in the thread.

Steven Wilson. Sorry thread got a bit off topic.

Dream Theater would be another band for him to check out if he enjoys musical complexity

Hope folks don't mind a bump to distract from the non-stop political bickering...

Here's a good example showing DT's musical prowess:

Awesome track!

• Like 1

nzoner -- just got done seeing SW on his SEA/PDX dates. Definitely glad I saw both nights because he has been alternating some of the PT songs between shows.

In SEA he performed "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here" and "Heartattack in a Layby", while for the PDX show he did "Don't Hate Me" and a stripped down version of "Even Less" with just him on electric guitar.

Saw the SEA show with my daughter and PDX show with my son. My son is the person who introduced me to PT/SW so he was bummed he missed "Arriving" and "Heartattack". Don't get me wrong, "Don't Hate Me" is awesome but we already saw him perform it on his "4 1/2" tour.

Can't remember if I had mentioned in a different thread that Ninet Tayeb opened for him for these dates. Was awesome having her on stage to perform "Pariah" and "People Who Eat Darkness". The rest of the tour he just used a backing track for her parts. She also was on stage for "Blank Tapes" at the SEA show and did the chorus on "Don't Hate Me" like on 4 1/2.

Awesome couple of nights. I'm sorry he didn't come any closer to your town.

Edit: forgot to mention that he did a signing at a record store before the SEA show. Got him to sign ticket stub from the HCE tour show that my son and I attended. Cool as hell. He was actually just walking around shopping in the store before it was time for signing.

• Like 1

Hope folks don't mind a bump to distract from the non-stop political bickering...

Here's a good example showing DT's musical prowess:

Pretty much unmatched as far as talent goes.

Well....Except for Lebrie :thumbsdown:

Power Windows, a fantastic album. Great tracks include: Middletown Dreams, Territories and Marathon.

Hold Your Fire. Not as fantastic. Still good for a few tracks, specifically: Mission and Prime Mover. Time Stand Still is ok.

Presto: Back to almost a great album. A very good album. Highlights: The Pass, Presto, Scars, Anagram (for Mongo) and an awesome final track in Available Light.

Roll the Bones: Now we're back. Every song on this album, with the exception of Face Up, is a winner. Bravado and The Big Wheel stick out as particularly great tracks.

Counterparts is a very solid album, but strange in one way. I find tracks 5-11 to be far superior to tracks 1-4. Highlights: Double Agent and Leave That Thing Alone

Test For Echo: Driven. I'll leave it at that.

Vapor Trails: The track Vapor Trail is haunting. Secret Touch is the hidden gem on this album. Ghost Rider is a good driving tune.

Snakes & Arrows: A great album again, finally. Good News First is a great song among many in tracks 2-12 on this album. I'd skip Far Cry, personally.

Clockwork Angels: A great way to go out. A good listen from front to back. The Anarchist and The Garden really stand out .

• Like 1

nzoner -- just got done seeing SW on his SEA/PDX dates. Definitely glad I saw both nights because he has been alternating some of the PT songs between shows.

In SEA he performed "Arriving Somewhere But Not Here" and "Heartattack in a Layby", while for the PDX show he did "Don't Hate Me" and a stripped down version of "Even Less" with just him on electric guitar.

Saw the SEA show with my daughter and PDX show with my son. My son is the person who introduced me to PT/SW so he was bummed he missed "Arriving" and "Heartattack". Don't get me wrong, "Don't Hate Me" is awesome but we already saw him perform it on his "4 1/2" tour.

Can't remember if I had mentioned in a different thread that Ninet Tayeb opened for him for these dates. Was awesome having her on stage to perform "Pariah" and "People Who Eat Darkness". The rest of the tour he just used a backing track for her parts. She also was on stage for "Blank Tapes" at the SEA show and did the chorus on "Don't Hate Me" like on 4 1/2.

Awesome couple of nights. I'm sorry he didn't come any closer to your town.

Edit: forgot to mention that he did a signing at a record store before the SEA show. Got him to sign ticket stub from the HCE tour show that my son and I attended. Cool as hell. He was actually just walking around shopping in the store before it was time for signing.

Very cool :thumbsup: I got a nice buzz going and think I will now put on some PT Lightbulb Sun which is in my personal top 5

Power Windows, a fantastic album. Great tracks include: Middletown Dreams, Territories and Marathon.

Hold Your Fire. Not as fantastic. Still good for a few tracks, specifically: Mission and Prime Mover. Time Stand Still is ok.

Presto: Back to almost a great album. A very good album. Highlights: The Pass, Presto, Scars, Anagram (for Mongo) and an awesome final track in Available Light.

Roll the Bones: Now we're back. Every song on this album, with the exception of Face Up, is a winner. Bravado and The Big Wheel stick out as particularly great tracks.

Counterparts is a very solid album, but strange in one way. I find tracks 5-11 to be far superior to tracks 1-4. Highlights: Double Agent and Leave That Thing Alone

Test For Echo: Driven. I'll leave it at that.

Vapor Trails: The track Vapor Trail is haunting. Secret Touch is the hidden gem on this album. Ghost Rider is a good driving tune.

Snakes & Arrows: A great album again, finally. Good News First is a great song among many in tracks 2-12 on this album. I'd skip Far Cry, personally.

Clockwork Angels: A great way to go out. A good listen from front to back. The Anarchist and The Garden really stand out .