Sign in to follow this  
Hardcore troubadour

NFL Free Agency

What is Washington doing? Snyder makes Jerry Jones look stable.

:nono:

Marshall to the Giants is barely a blip on the radar. He might be serviceable, but he's no longer a difference maker.

Garçon to the 49rs. He needs the money I guess. Glad he didn't end up in the east, always thiught he was a good player.

Rotoworld Saying Romo wil be released tomorrow. If he goes to Denver or Texas they get a big bump. Big fantasy implications if he goes to either as well.

Rotoworld Saying Romo wil be released tomorrow. If he goes to Denver or Texas they get a big bump. Big fantasy implications if he goes to either as well.

Assuming no other major injuries, either team will be a legit AFC contender with Romo at the helm.

Got a shot for Favre/Vikes type season, complete with a massive bed sh itting in the playoffs.

I don't see Romo surviving behind that Denver line. He's going to get killed back there.

I also don't understand why Jerry is not releasing him post-June 1st.. His heart is getting in the way of smart biz................... AGAIN.

:(

not the ending I hoped for

With Cousins leaving, I wonder if Redskins will make a play. Or if Romo would show loyalty to jerry and not sign within the division.

With Cousins leaving, I wonder if Redskins will make a play. Or if Romo would show loyalty to jerry and not sign within the division.

Romo might not want to go to Wash bcoz they're a train wreck - but I do not think loyalty would be an obstacle... He may love Jerry - but he's still really pissed about getting demoted. He'd love nothing more than to stick it to Stephen, Red and McClay.

Maybe they had a handshake and TR promised not to go to Wash if he gets the early release

Maybe they had a handshake and TR promised not to go to Wash if he gets the early release

I'm thinking the same thing. No other reason for Dallas to release Romo before June 1st other than letting him have more options. That may have been the arrangement

Bills keeping Tyrod. Shows you how bad the QB market is, but I don't think he's as bad as some people say. If glass Joe Watkins could stay on the field he might play better.

I think Marshall can be a tool they didnt have (a tall WR). But reality is he is a 33 year old WR. I really dont see that changing the offense dramatically. Bottom line is Eli has to play better.

Marshall is not just tall, he is physical. Had over 100 receptions in 2015. 2016 was a joke offense, I don't blame him as a jets fan.

Giants are getting a WR who can have a Boldin type longevity and impact once the speed is fully sapped.

He's an even better add for a team with no legit NFL tight end

I also don't understand why Jerry is not releasing him post-June 1st.. His heart is getting in the way of smart biz................... AGAIN.

My understanding is that they will release him tomorrow with a post June 1 designation. You can do that with up to (I think) 2 players per year. It is the only thing that makes sense from a cap standpoint.

Barry Church to the Jaguars. Coughlin is definetly shaking things up in J-Ville. Good signing, tough, hard nosed player. Glad he's gone from the division.

My understanding is that they will release him tomorrow with a post June 1 designation. You can do that with up to (I think) 2 players per year. It is the only thing that makes sense from a cap standpoint.

Oh really? Cool - that is a big relief.

Barry Church to the Jaguars. Coughlin is definetly shaking things up in J-Ville. Good signing, tough, hard nosed player. Glad he's gone from the division.

I was hoping we'd keep him - but I understand the biz reasons behind it...... He is a great guy to have - and will fit in nicely in that already solid defensive unit.

I was hoping we'd keep him - but I understand the biz reasons behind it...... He is a great guy to have - and will fit in nicely in that already solid defensive unit.

Ramsey is going to allow those safety's to wreck some games. Gonna see lots of WR's getting popped.

Patriots trading for Dwayne Allen

Letting Bennett walk. Makes sense.

Ramsey is going to allow those safety's to wreck some games. Gonna see lots of WR's getting popped.

That ain't no lie.. And Church will bring it.

Marshall is not just tall, he is physical. Had over 100 receptions in 2015. 2016 was a joke offense, I don't blame him as a jets fan.

Giants are getting a WR who can have a Boldin type longevity and impact once the speed is fully sapped.

He's an even better add for a team with no legit NFL tight end

I know you are a Jets homer so I back down. But I drafted him in fantasy saying I dont care that he is old Fitz is still going to force feed him to enough catches and TDs. So I watched some Jets this last year. Marshall cant get open.

Fitz may have played much worse but he is the same QB hr had in 2015. They had Forte. They shouldnt of been that awful. Marshall cannot get open, he relies on his size entirely at this point in my eyes.

Fitz force feeding an old WR who cant get open is a big reason they sucked so bad.

I do think he was banged up much of the year. But point standa what 33 year old WRs are real effective? Larry? Who is a better player, smarter, and they use him perfectly for what he can still do? Who else? Im having a hard time thinking of any that are threats at that age right now.

He's one of three on the Giants. He was all the Jets had after Decker got hurt.

I know you are a Jets homer so I back down. But I drafted him in fantasy saying I dont care that he is old Fitz is still going to force feed him to enough catches and TDs. So I watched some Jets this last year. Marshall cant get open.

Fitz may have played much worse but he is the same QB hr had in 2015. They had Forte. They shouldnt of been that awful. Marshall cannot get open, he relies on his size entirely at this point in my eyes.

Fitz force feeding an old WR who cant get open is a big reason they sucked so bad.

I do think he was banged up much of the year. But point standa what 33 year old WRs are real effective? Larry? Who is a better player, smarter, and they use him perfectly for what he can still do? Who else? Im having a hard time thinking of any that are threats at that age right now.

Fitzpatrick was NOTHING compared to how he played in 2015. He had his career season by far. When the Jets resigned him, I was all for it but I was realistically hoping for 80% of his 2015 production. He gave about 20%.

Remember, most people thought Marshall would be average at best when he left Chicago and went to NY.

The early injury to Decker allowed defenses to key in on Marshall. No one is saying Marshall is a guy who can do it by himself. Doesn't need to be. Didn't need to in 2015 and wont need to with the Giants. Fitz did force feed Marshall a bit but that's the problem. He didn't have to. By doing so, defenses knew it was coming. Hence, Fitzpatrick turning back into a pumpkin.

The Jets also had injuries all over the offensive line and Forte was actually pretty much shot by mid season. Powell ran much more effectively.

Fitzgerald is a good comparison but I still think a better comparison will be Boldin. Just a big, physical WR who will use his body and be effective until 36.

Bills free agent CB Stephon Gilmore expects to sign with New England barring any final snags, per sources.

The expected price tag for free agent CB Stephon Gilmore for the #Patriots is slated to eclipse $14M per year, I’m told. Hefty but worth it

Butler can't be happy with this.

Wow. BB loves his D Backs.

Fitzpatrick was NOTHING compared to how he played in 2015. He had his career season by far. When the Jets resigned him, I was all for it but I was realistically hoping for 80% of his 2015 production. He gave about 20%.

Remember, most people thought Marshall would be average at best when he left Chicago and went to NY.

The early injury to Decker allowed defenses to key in on Marshall. No one is saying Marshall is a guy who can do it by himself. Doesn't need to be. Didn't need to in 2015 and wont need to with the Giants. Fitz did force feed Marshall a bit but that's the problem. He didn't have to. By doing so, defenses knew it was coming. Hence, Fitzpatrick turning back into a pumpkin.

The Jets also had injuries all over the offensive line and Forte was actually pretty much shot by mid season. Powell ran much more effectively.

Fitzgerald is a good comparison but I still think a better comparison will be Boldin. Just a big, physical WR who will use his body and be effective until 36.

I feel Boldin was much more crafty than Marshall is and will be. Boldin can work the slot, break tackles, catch in traffic. When I watched the Jets last year they couldnt get Marshall open. And when he did he wasnt exactly sure handed.

Maybe Marshall will make the Giants real good on offense. I just dont see it nor think it matters if Eli and the oline plays like they did last year.

Gilmore hasnt been very good. He is a solid cover guy but was beat a lot last year by guys who shouldnt of beat him. He isnt willing to tackle. Maybe he regains the form of a few years ago. Last year he went in looking for a payday and he played bad. He still wanted top 5 CB money but just was not worth it eapecially in the new scheme the Bills will run.

Will probably turn out to be a steal and coached up with the Pats.

D Jackson to the Bucs. Him and Evans are a nice duo.

Whitworth to the Rams- 36 for 3. Nice to see the new regime is clueless as wel. Kenny Britt to the Browns. Another Cleveland brown move.

Surprised NE is letting Hightower go.

Just saw he was scheduled to make $15m this year, about $11m if he were Franchised.. Yea - no way I see BB paying that.... I'd sure love to have him - but we can't afford that.

Surprised NE is letting Hightower go.

last 2 super bowls, made game changing plays. been a stud when he's on the field.

BB just ain't paying a MLB that kind of jack

last 2 super bowls, made game changing plays. been a stud when he's on the field.

BB just ain't paying a MLB that kind of jack

Yea, risky, only 26.. They don't win that last SB without his play on Ryan in the second half.

Whitworth to the Rams- 36 for 3. Nice to see the new regime is clueless as wel. Kenny Britt to the Browns. Another Cleveland brown move.

There was a lot of talk of the Eagles making the Britt mistake. Glad someone else beat us to it.

Hope the Britt signing means the let Pryor go and Coleman becomes the #1

How does BB chose Gilmore over Butler :doh:

hard to question him, but wtf

Kenny Britt to the Browns. Another Cleveland brown move.

And another piece to the Redskin train wreck falls into place....... Wash was talking about signing Britt to fill the mass exodus they have at wr.