Sign in to follow this  
Antiramie

Bills DEF

Why is everyone so high on them this week? I understand they're at home vs Jets. But the Jets are also coming off a bye so they'll have fresh legs, and they looked good vs Saints. Plus Bills D has been awful lately.

My other option is the Browns. They're coming off a bye, looked good last time they played Cincy, and Cincy has not looked good.

The Bills defense is actually very good and talented it just got overshadowed because they had 4 QB's and would go 3 and out every drive. With EJ back and shaking of the rust I think Buffalo will beat the Jets. Playing a Def that gets turnovers and sacks I think its a solid play if you don't have one of the top DEF.

Its tough to play the Browns Def against the Bengals considering I think the Bengals will bounce back this week. Just a hunch though no proof. Still have a ginger as a QB so... :D

The Bills are opportunistic and in fantasy football that works for me. It is hard to gauge what ONE player will do, so to gauge what 11 will do as a unit?? Good luck.

Unless I was fortunate enough to land the Niners or the Seahawks - I'll play the matchups and I like this one.

The Bills are second in the league with 33 sacks this year, tied for 1st with 13 INTs but they give up quite a bit of points (or have). The Jets are MOST LIKELY not going to throw 30 points on them.

Next week they host the Falcons too. Dome team in Northeast with almost zero offense............... :cool:

I loaded the Bills and Texans onto my roster to play matchups through the playoffs. They have what I judged to be the most attractive schedules combined down the stretch and in fantasy playoff weeks. Just for starters they have the Jags for a combined three contests.

The bills gave up nearly 30 to them week 1 and the jets have had 2 weeks to prepare for this game...

Well...it was week 3, and not week 1.

And while that game should caution those playing the Bills D this week...the upside is that on the season, the Jets have given up like the 4th most points to defenses according to Yahoo.

So, just playing the averages there...its a solid play.

Well...it was week 3, and not week 1.

And while that game should caution those playing the Bills D this week...the upside is that on the season, the Jets have given up like the 4th most points to defenses according to Yahoo.

So, just playing the averages there...its a solid play.

I agree that based on the averages, it's one of the better plays this week. However, it's hard to ignore the facts that the Bills D has been downright awful the past 3 weeks, are playing a team coming off a bye (big red flag in my book), and looked bad against the same team the first time they played. I don't know if many other people buy into the "if they've proven they can make your D look bad once, they can do it again" theory, but I certainly do.

I agree that based on the averages, it's one of the better plays this week. However, it's hard to ignore the facts that the Bills D has been downright awful the past 3 weeks, are playing a team coming off a bye (big red flag in my book), and looked bad against the same team the first time they played. I don't know if many other people buy into the "if they've proven they can make your D look bad once, they can do it again" theory, but I certainly do.

Jets are a different team at home; much like Seattle. This game is at Buffalo.

The Jets are:

averaging 18.8 points per game (28th)

331.2 yards offensively (17th but whoop-dee doo only points scored counts)

-10 in turnovers

Geno Smith has been sacked 30 times and sports 13 INTs for the year and has a QB ranking average of 71%

The Bills:

have 33 sacks (2nd) 17 INTs (tied for 1st). Against K.C. the Defense played well but were sabatoged by the poor QB play of Tuel.

Last week they were at Pittsburgh where they still sacked Ben four times and picked him off once. Ben > Geno.............

and have I mentioned the Bills are at home?

The averages point to a pretty good matchup for the Bills.

The D actually has played well the past 2 weeks, it's the offense that has gave up the points...

2 TDs in the KC game was with the offense on the field...

Why is everyone so high on them this week? I understand they're at home vs Jets. But the Jets are also coming off a bye so they'll have fresh legs, and they looked good vs Saints. Plus Bills D has been awful lately.

My other option is the Browns. They're coming off a bye, looked good last time they played Cincy, and Cincy has not looked good.

take the browns vs dalton

19 points scored

Wish I would have kept them in the one league...but had a last minute pickup and had to drop them to just roll with anything SF would get me.

Now I need a big night out of Cam tomorrow.

I played the Jets. And could have played the Bills. Both were on the WW and I chose the Jets. -6pts. Awesome

i had the jets and the bills on my team, guess who i played? Thats right the JETS :mad:

i had the jets and the bills on my team, guess who i played? Thats right the JETS :mad:

Jets rested after a bye, getting a green rookie QB without his top 2WRs in bad weather. What's not to like? Oh yeah, G Smith is a retard, why didn't I consider how shyty the offense was when selecting my defense?!?!

Jets rested after a bye, getting a green rookie QB without his top 2WRs in bad weather. What's not to like? Oh yeah, G Smith is a retard, why didn't I consider how shyty the offense was when selecting my defense?!?!

I've been doing well streaming DEFs for several weeks now by sticking to two keys:

1. Pick a HOME team versus decent/sketchy offense. Good DEFs in general play better at home. Also, just because a team is pretty sh!tty (Jax, etc...) doesn't make them a pushover for EVERYONE at home. Example this week would be Arizona @ Jax. Decent points but not the home run people were looking for. The Jets, of course should NOT be trusted on the road...........ever.

2. Pick a team with a lot of sacks. Sacks = pressure on QB, fumbles, INTs. Bills DEF (as people previously pointed out in this thread prior to the games) has done well this season. Their offense gave K.C. the game last week but their DEF played well.

Learn from the mistakes of the past or be doomed to repeat them. Bills DEF hosts the Falcons in Week 13. Definitely a GREEN light situation but I'm sure some people won't play them. They'll think the Falcons are playing to make a statement or the Bills DEF are due to come back down to Earth.

• Like 1

I should be forced to resign for starting the Jets defense. Feel like an idiot.

Haha, I picked up Buffalo's D during the week, dropped them for the JETS D on Saturday night after listening to some advice on another site, and lost by 4 points. Trusting my gut from now on.

Their schedule has dovetailed really well with Baltimore's. Two weeks in a row vs the Jets at home? Yes please. From there it's:

Week 13: Ravens vs Steelers or Bills vs Falcons - both at home, could be a tough decision but leaning towards the Bills right now.

Week 14: Ravens at home vs Vikes or Bills @ Tampa... definitely leaning towards Ravens here

Week 15: Ravens @ Det or Bills @ Jax, easy call here

Week 16:Ravens @ NE (ahahah no way) or Bills at home against the Dolphins. Cha-ching!