Photo

Any of You Been To The Resort at Pedregal in Cabo?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 06:59 PM

My parents will be celebrating their 50 anniversary in April.  They thought about going to Acapulco because that is where they went on their honeymoon but given the situation they want to do Cabo.  They are old and don't want to be around a bunch of power drinkers so most of the resorts and hotels around the harbor are out.  They like waves more than the beach so I was looking at Pedregal.  I like Solar Mar Grande and that will be my default. 

You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

#2 IMMensaMind

IMMensaMind

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,177 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

My parents will be celebrating their 50 anniversary in April.  They thought about going to Acapulco because that is where they went on their honeymoon but given the situation they want to do Cabo.  They are old and don't want to be around a bunch of power drinkers so most of the resorts and hotels around the harbor are out.  They like waves more than the beach so I was looking at Pedregal.  I like Solar Mar Grande and that will be my default.

Yes. It's very nice, and refined. They'll like it. The restaurant...Farallon IIRC, is pretty incredible (very $$$$), but seating is on various height platforms right on the cliffs. They have propane pedestal heaters throughout, because on a cool night it can be uncomfortable without them. If you sit on the lowest platform you can actually get slightly sprayed by the waves crashing against the rocks.

That is not a rowdy Spring Break crowd. It may be the nicest resort in Cabo.

I have several friends who have timeshares outside of Cabo in a place called Diamanté, and we go to Pedregal for dinner at least one night every time we go to Cabo.

#3 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

Yes. It's very nice, and refined. They'll like it. The restaurant...Farallon IIRC, is pretty incredible (very $$$$), but seating is on various height platforms right on the cliffs. They have propane pedestal heaters throughout, because on a cool night it can be uncomfortable without them. If you sit on the lowest platform you can actually get slightly sprayed by the waves crashing against the rocks.

That is not a rowdy Spring Break crowd. It may be the nicest resort in Cabo.

I have several friends who have timeshares outside of Cabo in a place called Diamanté, and we go to Pedregal for dinner at least one night every time we go to Cabo.

:thumbsup: Thanks

You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest bidder. Makes you feel good, doesn't it?

#4 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,682 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:09 PM

I'd recommend the Marquis Los Cabos.,...nice small resort...has the closest rooms to the ocean, almost no nightlife. Very nice and relaxing.

Sunset Mona Lisa for dinner. Use Eco cat for tours.

Actually if you go to loscabosmagazine.com you can get 2 for 1 vouchers for excursions.

Lola's massage in the marina. Totally sketchy looking...but $25 hour long massages that were terrific.
"Let me wobble back to me corner"--Connor Mcgregor

#5 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,415 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:12 PM

Mexico is dangerous, bring them to minny. :wave:

Being an ass hole is all part of my manly essence

You guys have no focking clue what happened so you really should just shut it..

#6 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:33 PM

Mexico is dangerous, bring them to minny. :wave:

:clap: It would certainly save me a helluva lot of money!

#7 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 59,552 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:36 PM

Ah man, that's great. Congrats to them!
Users currently on :ignore: BudBro,Flahawker

#8 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:40 PM

I'd recommend the Marquis Los Cabos.,...nice small resort...has the closest rooms to the ocean, almost no nightlife. Very nice and relaxing.

Sunset Mona Lisa for dinner. Use Eco cat for tours.

Actually if you go to loscabosmagazine.com you can get 2 for 1 vouchers for excursions.

Lola's massage in the marina. Totally sketchy looking...but $25 hour long massages that were terrific

How good is security?

#9 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

How good is security?

I think I am looking for something north on the other side of the arch.

#10 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 59,552 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

you doing that for them? Man that's nice of you. Love your folks. You going down with them?

#11 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

we have only been twice and stayed at the westin....

http://www.starwoodh...propertyID=1087

Challenge does not build character. Challenge reveals it.

#12 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:57 PM

you doing that for them? Man that's nice of you. Love your folks. You going down with them?

Yes.  Me and the girl are going with them.

#13 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:58 PM

we have only been twice and stayed at the westin....

http://www.starwoodh...propertyID=1087

Thanks!

#14 Bier Meister

Bier Meister

FF Geek

• Members
  • 5,191 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:04 PM

Thanks!

very nice. we stayed in the villas so a little away from the main resort (not the cabo wabo vibe anyway).  each villa has a jacuzzi on the patio.

Challenge does not build character. Challenge reveals it.

#15 wiffleball

wiffleball

FF Geek

• Members
  • 59,552 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:24 PM

Yes.  Me and the girl are going with them.

Man, that's fantastic. Great dad, great kid. I hope you guys have a great time.

#16 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,682 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:33 PM

How good is security?

Oh fine....its about 10 minutes from Cabo along the interstate, on the beach....about as safe as it gets.
We actually liked being away from the other resorts...you can walk in either direction a long ways on the beach without other people around.

#17 cyclone24

cyclone24

FF Geek

• Members
  • 14,682 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:34 PM

No matter where you stay i would recommend the loscabosmagazine.com vouchers...or at least use ECOCAT for susnset cruises, etc.

They were great....nice catamaran, not very packed...was terific,

#18 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

No matter where you stay i would recommend the loscabosmagazine.com vouchers...or at least use ECOCAT for susnset cruises, etc.

They were great....nice catamaran, not very packed...was terific,

I agree it is a good mag.  Thanks for the info.

#19 patweisers44

patweisers44

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,345 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:17 AM

Despite his hatred for the Midwest, Bert's a good focking dude.

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

#20 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,415 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

Despite his hatred for the Midwest, Bert's a good focking dude.

I don't know.  I think he's lying about having a girl.  <_<

#21 patweisers44

patweisers44

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,345 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:24 AM

I don't know.  I think he's lying about having a girl.  <_<

Even Rocky Dennis could get laid if he had Bert's gig/bank.

#22 NorthernVike

NorthernVike

FF Geek

• Members
  • 32,415 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

Even Rocky Dennis could get laid if he had Bert's gig/bank.

You've seen what accountants look like, right?  :unsure:

#23 patweisers44

patweisers44

FF Geek

• Members
  • 18,345 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 09:32 AM

You've seen what accountants look like, right?  :unsure:

I've met Bert before.....  :ninja:

#24 Bert

Bert

FF Geek

• Members
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:06 AM

Rocky Dennis meets Norm Peterson isn't far off. 

If Northern would ever leave that farm house of his I would gladly buy him a beer.