Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

University of Kansas flies defaced American flag on purpose

They took it down and put it in a museum.

Trump Curse means they will win no more championships for a long time.

What is wrong with these heartland State colleges that are so out of touch with the population?

As an art piece it should be inside.

If it had to be another heartland school at least it was those focking jayhawkers.

Protected by first amendment, you dont have to like it, but they can do what they want to it

Protected by first amendment, you dont have to like it, but they can do what they want to it

Its also my first amendment right to call someone a n1gger. Should I do it without fear of repercussions? Nope. Guarantee Ill get my teeth knocked out, lose my job, and be dragged through the mud for the rest of my life. Plus, this is illegal. Fine of $100,000 and up to a year in prison. Should know this if youre military and it should piss you off. If it doesnt then I pity your troops

Its also my first amendment right to call someone a n1gger. Should I do it without fear of repercussions? Nope. Guarantee Ill get my teeth knocked out, lose my job, and be dragged through the mud for the rest of my life. Plus, this is illegal. Fine of $100,000 and up to a year in prison. Should know this if youre military and it should piss you off. If it doesnt then I pity your troops

Youre right, theyre the same.

Quit trying to lecture me on being military, Im not the one who lied about being a major and para rescue. Ive done twenty years and counting, I lived up to my end of the bargain.

Of course they can. Unfortunately, one of the things often lost when talking about "rights" is that while there are things you CAN do, there is a responsibility to NOT do certain things as well. And as people push those boundaries suddenly you have to deal with some transgender having the "right" to use the girl's locker room in high school. Sometimes, rights should be balanced with common sense.

• Like 1

Well said.

Reservist. Take it easy weekend guy.

Exactly. Rank in reserve isnt real. Go active that sh1t goes away. Dam halfies. Its like joining a gym but never going but hey! Youre part of a gym!

Still, I wont let anyone else talk about my reservist troops. Only military can do that.

It was an art installation. Probably a dumb thing to fly outside where the intent could be confused but not worth getting all fired up about.

It was an art installation. Probably a dumb thing to fly outside where the intent could be confused but not worth getting all fired up about.

That was the thing. Keep it in the art exhibit. Dont fly it out there like real flags. That would be like me having a confederate flag in my house. You can see it if youre inside. If I flew it outside people would get offended and demand it be taken down or even vandalize my property. Thats what pisses me off is they actually flew it.

Exactly. Rank in reserve isnt real. Go active that sh1t goes away. Dam halfies. Its like joining a gym but never going but hey! Youre part of a gym!

Still, I wont let anyone else talk about my reservist troops. Only military can do that.

Nope.. I was run over by a car in Germany, would probably still be active if it wasnt for that.

Still, reservist is much better than a fake major fake para rescue.

I wonder what cmh thinks of this?

I think it was a focking stupid idea and whoever did it should be fired :dunno:

• Like 1

Nope.. I was run over by a car in Germany, would probably still be active if it wasnt for that.

Still, reservist is much better than a fake major fake para rescue.

Wrong actually. Never said I was a major in pararescue. That would be a CRO (dont know that term do ya?). I actually went through the training til I got hurt (very demanding when I went through but they scaled it down cause so many people were getting hurt or quitting the training). Im sure I have my original contract somewhere that I could use to prove that I went in with that job but dam that would be a pain in the ass to find. Got questions? Need info on insight of the training? Even nicknames of certain instructors? I could easily tell you.

That said, I knew you used to be active (not sure how long). Im just giving you sh1t about reservist cause I can. But lets not kid ourselves. The moment they flew that flag is when they focked up. Doing it and putting it in a museum is one thing. Flying it on campus is another. Any military member will tell you that its focked up and would piss them off. Especially if they knew someone who died. Or hell, maybe Im a little more sensitive because of my 3 month rotation as honor guard where had to fold these flags at funerals and present them to the family member of the deceased vet. So when I see something like this it really does piss me off because as both a former medic and honor guard of the AF Ive seen the cost of protecting that flag. People dying just to keep it from falling.

On the bright side, there does appear to be some backlash for some of these schools. Missouri and Evergreen have seen dramatic reductions in attendance, hopefully this becomes the norm for Universities that prioritize social justice over critical thinking.

If economic terrorism is good enough for leftists, its good enough for others....

• Like 1

This.

We do not want to be like China where that woman disappeared for defacing that poster.

We need to be free to criticize the government and symbols of the government.