Sign in to follow this  
Filthy Fernadez

The war against Fake Meat has begun........

TBBOM,

you know that pink/white crab looking fishmeat that always comes in the plastic wrap in Chinese restaurants. Do you know what that is? This is not a rhetorical question. I really don't know. All I know is it's too cheap to be real crab.

I don't understand their beef. I'm unaware of any meat substitute parading as "real" meat, but I guess the lab-based stuff may change that. As the link stated, it will probably end up like the bazillion iterations of milk, with no single entity able to claim the term for themselves.

As an aside, the Beyond Meat veggie burgers are pretty good, though I prefer field roast. I'll probably avoid the bioengineered meat, as I doubt it will have the health benefits of veggie-based burgers.

• Like 1

TBBOM,

you know that pink/white crab looking fishmeat that always comes in the plastic wrap in Chinese restaurants. Do you know what that is? This is not a rhetorical question. I really don't know. All I know is it's too cheap to be real crab.

I dunno man. I dont eat seafood in china. Between the pollution issues, refrigeration/hygiene issues, and the fact that they dont focking shell the shrimp before cooking it in a dish, I just dont eat it.

I figure thats begging for gastrointestinal pyrotechnics. It was easy to avoid in Henan. Here in Guangdong, its harder.

TBBOM,

Probably pollock

As an aside, the Beyond Meat veggie burgers are pretty good, though I prefer field roast. I'll probably avoid the bioengineered meat, as I doubt it will have the health benefits of veggie-based burgers.

I think the lab based meat is more about environmental issues than health issues.

TBBOM,

Pulverized white fish of some variety with corn starch holding it together.

The father we "advance" the more obvious it is to me that the Amish are living the dream.

Except for those beards (high and low) and stuff.

The father we "advance" the more obvious it is to me that the Amish are living the dream.

Except for those beards (high and low) and stuff.

Please start you dream by giving up the internet :thumbsup: