Sign in to follow this  
Djgb13

Anyone have any good shrimp recipes?

People in this town have a shrimp boat and catch them around this time every year. Dad got two 10 pound bags of it with the heads already cut off. Just got done peeling, slicing, and deveining them. We are doing some tonight in butter and Carolina rub but Im looking for some different recipes to use them for. We already plan on doing what is called a Gumbo-laya stew which is a mix of gumbo and jumbolaya. Havent had it before but will be doing that this weekend. Still leaves at least 5-6 pounds of shrimp left. What kind of recipes you guys have that you swear by?

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it

Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. There's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it

:lol: i was going to go gump on him.

but yeah.... i have a boat load of shrimp recipes. i may have even posted several in the past if you do a search for it.